Home

how significant are FCS teams to you?

This is a discussion on how significant are FCS teams to you? within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2012, 09:39 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 14
Re: how significant are FCS teams to you?

I'm an international fan I loved that feature in the old NCAA's. Having the opportunity to play as Appalachain State or FAMU and even Grambling instead of FCS SE was way better. I think EA are just lazy when it doesn't take that long at all to add them to the game. Also I remember the old ones had penalties for players missing class where did that go too? I hope we get FCS schools back next year instead of getting 12 import teams to use which sucks.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:24 PM   #10
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by pembo0630
Great idea, it would really add a lot of immersion to dynasty mode to have NAMED FCS schools available on the schedule.

As far as being able to actually play as an FCS school, that might be a stretch. That would require tons of work to essentially add 50+ new stadiums to the game, 50+ new teams with their own unique attributes and players and fight songs. Not only that, but they would have to implement a rather intricate playoff system, it's like a whole new game. It would be a ridiculous amount of work and I'm not sure they would find it worth it.

I would be fine with only having 15-20 FCS schools during early implementation. They would work just like the current FCS schools except with actual schools instead of "FCS Midwest". Maybe later they could expand and potentially add the option to start a dynasty in the championship subdivision.
I'd be fine with a few generic stadiums. (Very Small FCS Stadium (3000 cap), Small FCS (6000), Regular (10000), Large (15000), Very Large (25000))

Rosters could be generic, as well as fight songs.

Uniforms would be a hassle, but they don't have to be perfect.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 10-15-2012, 08:53 PM   #11
Rookie

OmahaKnights's Arena

OVR: 0

I'd say it should be something to put off until next gen. From what I understand, the disc space simply isn't there to handle that many teams. And can you imagine recruiting? This current gen simply can't handle it.

That being said, it would greatly add to immersion of the game, and there are some FCS schools with decent fanbases. I think that EA needs to start making the rounds and talking with SIDs about it now if they're going to go through with it, since it would involve adding a lot of schools and designing a lot of stadiums. Some news regarding it would be nice, though I highly, HIGHLY doubt they'll say anything before the next gen systems are out.

If they go through with it, I'd like to see them add a couple things to make sure it's done well, such as conference invitations, and the ability to move conferences up and down, especially since there have been a couple murmurs about anywhere from half to all of the Big Sky moving up to FBS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2012, 01:57 AM   #12
Rookie

I disagree with the not enough demand comment on page 1.... If the were put into the game that sum1 that attends the real fcs school...stundent or athlete...wouldnt want to use their team in an fcs dynasty? The demand is there..

Also... I dont think adding it would require extra manpower... Theyve already got a basic formula on how to include fcs school from the 2000 yr i think... They can use that as a base. They dont particularly have to create an accurate version of the fcs schools actual stadiums... Just use a variety of 3 or 4 generic stadiums...and create a special stadium for the top teams like app state..eastern washington...etc. Or release some dlc packs of fcs stadiums that we can purchase if someone wants a specific stadium.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:14 PM   #13
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

I think we might see FCS teams before long. I mean, I'm sure they would use the fairly generic route they took in years past with the three different stadiums and generic rosters, but that would be absolutely fine with me! Teambuilder was an acceptable substitute for one year, or for someone who wants to take an FCS team and pretend they got promoted to the FBS. But NOTHING would beat the game mode we are describing where teams can build an FCS dynasty then move up and test their worth in an FBS conference (if they get an invite, as someone said...(awesome Idea, by the way)) Or as someone else said, you could start as an OC at an FCS school, move to HC at the FCS level, then make the jump to the FBS if you want, or decide to continue your dominance at the FCS level. THAT would create an amazing amount of immersion in dynasty. Im sure a lot of people would do different things, someone might take lehigh and try to get them into MAC in just a few years, while others (like myself) would stay down in the FCS for a longer period of time.

Another aspect that would be interesting to see unfold would be the recruiting part of the game with FCS teams. Every year, the FCS teams would be battling with the lower level FBS schools for a gem 2 or 3 star recruit. While on the FBS level, that player might not make an impact, at the FCS level, he could be the difference between going .500 on the season or making the FCS playoffs.

Speaking of playoffs, I dont think that would be terribly difficult to put into the game. They are going to be putting a playoff in probably next year for the NCAA football series, so im sure they could expand it to fit the 24 team bracket of the FCS level. Plus, they used to have a playoff at the end of the season in old games, so if they could do it on the PS1, why not Xbox360 or PS3? lol
Old 10-21-2012, 02:24 PM   #14
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

hey, just a side note to all of you FCS fans out there.... If you do like this idea, please like the FCS Teams idea on the game changers site! I feel like thats the best way to get them into the game

http://www.easports.com/gamechangers...mpaignId=27783

as of 10/21/12,
we are sitting with 140 votes, thats up 3 from yesterday, but we are still on the second page! lets get up to the front page!

10/23/12
hey guys, a little update for you, we are up to 145 votes and moved up a spot on the list! good job and lets keep it up!

Last edited by grabursock55; 10-23-2012 at 07:16 AM.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:09 PM   #15
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

anyone catch any of the FCS upsets from week one? Does anyone think that maybe that will give us FCS fans a little leverage for adding the teams this year??

and if we could get some life back in this thread, that might help too! This version of NCAA football is so great, but I couldnt help but think it would be perfect if we were able to do an FCS dynasty with the playoffs and promotions to FBS

Last edited by grabursock55; 09-01-2013 at 06:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2014, 12:05 AM   #16
Rookie

I agree FCS schools are important. The majority of the people in this thread seem to want it....but I have lost faith in EA completely

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »