Home

Wish - "Be An AD" mode like NHL's BAGM or Madden's new Owner Mode

This is a discussion on Wish - "Be An AD" mode like NHL's BAGM or Madden's new Owner Mode within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2013, 04:31 PM   #1
Rookie

Hokie200proof's Arena

OVR: 4
Wish - "Be An AD" mode like NHL's BAGM or Madden's new Owner Mode

I've played NCAA titles for a long, loooooonnnnngggg time... and each one gets to a point where you feel like the game has no depth. Every year EA has added little features to expand things a little further in Dynasty mode (changes to recruiting, coaching carousel, custom schedules, custom conferences, players leaving early or transferring, etc, etc), but in the end these are just small improvements to the same old game mode.

Why not make a "Be an Athletic Director" mode where you can go much, much deeper. From what I've seen about Madden's Owner mode, it would work a lot like that. You get to pick a school (perhaps even do it like coaching carousel, where you can start at your favorite school or try to work your way up from a one-star program) and you're in charge of all of the big things for the program - The Stadium maintenance/upgrading/improvement, negotiating OOC games with other big programs (I'll expand on this below), raising funds to maintain your number of scholarships, upgrade equipment or practice facilities, hire the best coaches, etc, etc. Think about the "My School" screen in the new recruiting menus. As an AD it would be your job to maintain or improve all of those grades, from the ones that make immediate sense for football (Facilities, Conference Prestige, Coach Experience, Program Stability, etc) to the ones that you'd need to do some RPG type activities to improve (Campus Lifestyle - schedule pep rallies? make players do community service?; Academic Prestige - make enough money to give some to another department?; etc).

There are so many possibilities here... think about scheduling games for a minute. This one is just a lifeless feature in the current version. In the real world, you can't be a 1-star program and just schedule the #1 team in the country to play at YOUR field. You probably wouldn't even get them to give you a 2-1 or 3-1 deal. They'd probably insist that you play at a neutral site close to their campus and try to call that the home game in a 2-1 or 3-1 deal. Most 1-star schools take big payments to go get creamed at big program's home openers.

How about conference realignment and the politics involved there? You're part of the MAC and there's rumors that a couple of teams are leaving for the American Athletic Conference... if they do, some bowl tie-ins might go away, your conference prestige could go down, you might have players leave or recruits not consider going to your school. What do you do? Do you try to jump ship first? Do you try to convince those schools to stay? What have you done to make your program more attractive to an AQ conference?

What about the other side of Coaching Carousel? Your 1-star program just won it's first Conference Championship... you're getting accolades, pats on the back, more boosters are donating... and then BAM! Not only are your top players declaring for the NFL, your coach is now considering offers from bigger programs. What do you do? Do you have enough money to keep him? Have you made improvements to your facilities to make his life easier? No? He's gone. Good luck finding the next new coach.

Which brings me to upgrading/expanding facilities/stadiums. There's already features in the game for building stadiums... why not put a dollar sign on each one of those improvements and make it a feature in dynasty mode? This is a huge part of the college game and conference politics. When I was a freshman (way back in 1998) at Tech the stadium was a shadow of what it is today. They've completely redone the place - built a whole new press box with expanded skybox suites, built a whole new section (check NCAA 2003 to see Lane Stadium without the South Endzone Expansion), new scoreboards, etc. This could be a great feature to add into the game if you're trying to take your 1-star program to a better conference. The B1G isn't going to invite a program with a stadium that seats less than 50,000... it's never going to happen. Moving a team there in the current Conference Editor, even if you've improved the program prestige to a 4/5/6 star level, is completely unrealistic if the rest of the program hasn't improved as well. It's not all on the field.

It's a shame that the NCAA is about to pull their license, because that means I'll probably never get another EA title. I would at least consider it if a mode like "Be An AD" was added.

Last edited by Hokie200proof; 08-21-2013 at 04:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2013, 05:50 AM   #2
Rookie

pr3ston's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Wish - "Be An AD" mode like NHL's BAGM or Madden's new Owner Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokie200proof
I've played NCAA titles for a long, loooooonnnnngggg time... and each one gets to a point where you feel like the game has no depth. Every year EA has added little features to expand things a little further in Dynasty mode (changes to recruiting, coaching carousel, custom schedules, custom conferences, players leaving early or transferring, etc, etc), but in the end these are just small improvements to the same old game mode.

Why not make a "Be an Athletic Director" mode where you can go much, much deeper. From what I've seen about Madden's Owner mode, it would work a lot like that. You get to pick a school (perhaps even do it like coaching carousel, where you can start at your favorite school or try to work your way up from a one-star program) and you're in charge of all of the big things for the program - The Stadium maintenance/upgrading/improvement, negotiating OOC games with other big programs (I'll expand on this below), raising funds to maintain your number of scholarships, upgrade equipment or practice facilities, hire the best coaches, etc, etc. Think about the "My School" screen in the new recruiting menus. As an AD it would be your job to maintain or improve all of those grades, from the ones that make immediate sense for football (Facilities, Conference Prestige, Coach Experience, Program Stability, etc) to the ones that you'd need to do some RPG type activities to improve (Campus Lifestyle - schedule pep rallies? make players do community service?; Academic Prestige - make enough money to give some to another department?; etc).

There are so many possibilities here... think about scheduling games for a minute. This one is just a lifeless feature in the current version. In the real world, you can't be a 1-star program and just schedule the #1 team in the country to play at YOUR field. You probably wouldn't even get them to give you a 2-1 or 3-1 deal. They'd probably insist that you play at a neutral site close to their campus and try to call that the home game in a 2-1 or 3-1 deal. Most 1-star schools take big payments to go get creamed at big program's home openers.

How about conference realignment and the politics involved there? You're part of the MAC and there's rumors that a couple of teams are leaving for the American Athletic Conference... if they do, some bowl tie-ins might go away, your conference prestige could go down, you might have players leave or recruits not consider going to your school. What do you do? Do you try to jump ship first? Do you try to convince those schools to stay? What have you done to make your program more attractive to an AQ conference?

What about the other side of Coaching Carousel? Your 1-star program just won it's first Conference Championship... you're getting accolades, pats on the back, more boosters are donating... and then BAM! Not only are your top players declaring for the NFL, your coach is now considering offers from bigger programs. What do you do? Do you have enough money to keep him? Have you made improvements to your facilities to make his life easier? No? He's gone. Good luck finding the next new coach.

Which brings me to upgrading/expanding facilities/stadiums. There's already features in the game for building stadiums... why not put a dollar sign on each one of those improvements and make it a feature in dynasty mode? This is a huge part of the college game and conference politics. When I was a freshman (way back in 1998) at Tech the stadium was a shadow of what it is today. They've completely redone the place - built a whole new press box with expanded skybox suites, built a whole new section (check NCAA 2003 to see Lane Stadium without the South Endzone Expansion), new scoreboards, etc. This could be a great feature to add into the game if you're trying to take your 1-star program to a better conference. The B1G isn't going to invite a program with a stadium that seats less than 50,000... it's never going to happen. Moving a team there in the current Conference Editor, even if you've improved the program prestige to a 4/5/6 star level, is completely unrealistic if the rest of the program hasn't improved as well. It's not all on the field.

It's a shame that the NCAA is about to pull their license, because that means I'll probably never get another EA title. I would at least consider it if a mode like "Be An AD" was added.
I 100% agree!!!!!!!

You could even go as far as jerseys too. Oh our 1* teams Russell contract ends this year? At the end of the year Nike/Adidas/UA/Russell shows you jersey concepts and contract length/$. You decide to sign with one and make tweaks to the concept through a teambuilder like website. Sign with a company.

And the stadium was dead on. Ad point system. North east south west side upgrades and corners, stages 1-5 costs X amount of points and wins/conference championships/bowl appearances/bowl wins are all worth certain points. Spend them on individule things or for a lump sum of points, redo your whole stadium. Thus scheduling kicks in for home vs away and construction.

The conference was good. Start winning, get noticed by bigger conferences. Have to meet certain criteria to even get looked at. You could go into so much depth there even in off the field things.

Man...if only if only...

Last edited by pr3ston; 08-27-2013 at 05:53 AM.
Old 10-21-2013, 04:15 PM   #3
Rookie

Hokie200proof's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr3ston
I 100% agree!!!!!!!

You could even go as far as jerseys too. Oh our 1* teams Russell contract ends this year? At the end of the year Nike/Adidas/UA/Russell shows you jersey concepts and contract length/$. You decide to sign with one and make tweaks to the concept through a teambuilder like website. Sign with a company.

And the stadium was dead on. Ad point system. North east south west side upgrades and corners, stages 1-5 costs X amount of points and wins/conference championships/bowl appearances/bowl wins are all worth certain points. Spend them on individule things or for a lump sum of points, redo your whole stadium. Thus scheduling kicks in for home vs away and construction.

The conference was good. Start winning, get noticed by bigger conferences. Have to meet certain criteria to even get looked at. You could go into so much depth there even in off the field things.

Man...if only if only...
Dude... Pr3ston... genius stuff. Didn't even think of the sponsorship angle and the unis. Awesome idea.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:47 PM   #4
Pro

Mckinley Cash's Arena

OVR: 11

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=521072

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Old 01-05-2014, 07:21 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

You could also add MLBTS Franchise Mode to this as well

In fact, I'd lke to see it whereas you can guide a team thru SEVERAL seasons WITH OR WITHOUT going into Dynasty mode (Some of us just like to control this sort of thing ourselves ya know so an alternative to Dynasty would be nice )

Maybe this is already (Albeit subtlely & indirectly) available within the 2013 season icon but I dunno (Perhaps someone can enlighten those of us not in the know here ??)

I'll be commenting on what I'd like to see added/fixed later on

Cheers & Happy Gaming
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »