Home

Personal and Compilation of NCAA 13 Wishlists

This is a discussion on Personal and Compilation of NCAA 13 Wishlists within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2012, 10:29 PM   #1
Rookie

TryHard_Nation's Arena

OVR: 12
Personal and Compilation of NCAA 13 Wishlists

12 pages on word with some duplicates but bear with me and Read it all...Nad lets hope NCAA 13 staff reads it

NCAA 13 Wishlist
Recruiting
  • First of all lets get rid of the top 15 recruits all being ATH,RB(Power), and WR. Need:Necessary
  • Player Traits when recruiting just like ESPN. Can be seen after scouting a player.
  • Instead of having recruiting being just 5 star and 4 star recruits all being the stars of the future, why not have busts and Diamonds in the rough (Ever Heard of the Top 2 winningest Qbs in college football history, EA...Kellen Moore and Colt McCoy were both 3 star recruits.) Need:Necessary
  • Freshman who do not start as 80 overall. Why not Immediate impact Freshman. Need:Necessary
  • National Signing Day!!! Nuff Said Need:Necessary
  • Instead of showing what place you are in on a recruit and how many points you are ahead, show us whether we are in the top 3 schools for that recruit. Need:Necessary
  • Schools are known for certain offenses and/or producing positions. Such as Penn State as “Linebacker-U” Need:Medium
  • Why do you think Boise State is good? Because they bring in players that fit their system. Let us as a coach determine a system and recruit for that. Need:Medium
  • Instead of knowing a players ratings how about we scout them so we can decide between certain quarterbacks because one could have better potential. Need:High
  • Height and weight matter in recruiting. Nick Patti would be a 5 star recruit if he was not 5'10” ( Patti is a really good player. He is tough, scrappy, shows very good overall fundamentals, but the downside is that he is 5'9. Patti would be a high end recruit if he were 6' or taller. He plays for a very successful program and has won a lot of football games. He is very competitive and heady. He has great feet, is an adequate athlete and his release is really quick. He is one of the more sound players in this class fundamentally. Is very consistent in everything he does and he has a gunslingers swagger. The ball jumps off his hand with a smooth stroke and nice velocity. He can really zip it to short and intermediate zones. Is efficient and accurate and shows good anticipation skills to throw to a spot and know where his receiver is going to be. He is adept at making throws on the run. Rolls out to either side and shows good power to each sideline. Moving the launch point for him really aids his vision and makes him more productive. He is a guy that shows great footwork in his drops. Can drop, plant and get the ball out with little wasted motion or re-setting. Makes good decisions with the football and you really like his passion. The issue is obviously Patti's height. For the next level he has BCS upside in terms of his physical ability, but his size is not going to warrant many looks. Coaches are taking more and more chances on 5'11 or 6'0 guys because of the spread, but 5'9 is far more of a concern. As a result Patti will likely see Division II and FCS level attention with some non-BCS schools willing to take a chance because of his physical abilities.)
Off-Season
  • Spring Game and after allow to select Impact players. (2 offense, 2 defense)
  • Recruiting: On field production needs to matter. If I have a top ranked passing offense and no running game, QB’s need to be lining up at my door while RB’s run for the exits. Should be a factor in the process. Need:Necessary
  • Medical Redshirts Need:Necessary
  • Senior Bowl, U.S. Army Bowl, Under Armour All-America Bowl, Why Have none made it yet. Plus allow to choose one prospect in each. At least a High School Stars Bowl. Need:Necessary
  • FCS Teams Need:Medium
  • Playoffs and Full Custom Conferences (Create your own and use a logo) Add and delete Conferences Need:Necessary
  • Neutral Site scheduling Need:Necessary
  • Set up recruiting board of JUNIORS in High School during off-season and let us have Junior Days to Showcase our school Need:NecessaryNeed:NecessaryNeed:Necessary
  • Early Enrollies and Spring Practice Need:Necessary
  • Player Progression needs to be like Madden and happen during the season. Plus, PLAYER PROGRESSION NEEDS TO BE STAT RELATED. Why did my Freshman running back go from 79-84 when he won the Heisman??
    Rosters
  • 85 man rosters??? Need:Necessary
  • DUPLICATE NUMBERS Need:Necessary
  • 3DRB, Short Yard RB
  • Roster Minimums based on playbook

GamePlay
  • Player Traits just like Madden...would be useful
  • Also see espn.go.com recruiting Traits need to carry on through College and Recruiting.
  • Weight, momentum, grounded feel as oppose to skating..we want all of that. Certainly this has been a much discussed issue.
  • Pre-Snap: The camera view is every limiting. We should be able to look left or right to see the edge players. I know a complaint of John Madden about Madden was that you couldn’t see all the players on the field and they made a concerted effort to do that in 12.
  • Throwing into the flats is a death wish because we can’t see in the flats even during the play.
  • Road to Glory Camera: Kudos to those who have had success…it’s frustrating.
    QB
  • Throwing trajectory
  • Different stances
  • Different throwing motions
  • Arm Strength Rating relevance
  • Pocket Presence (This trait frankly determines qb greatness more than any physical trait-Brady, Mannings, Brees all have it).
RB's
  • Would like to see the option of having the back chip out on pass protection with the defensive end. Common method to neutralize great pass rushers.
  • Pass protection is the #1 reason that keeps young RB’s of the field. Ratings should reflect that.
WR's/TE's
  • Route Running needs A LOT of work and most of it is tied to the physics of the game (so unless that changes maybe this is all for not).
  • Ex. Post- one of the most dangerous routes in all of football is virtually unusable as it is.
  • Ex. Bubble Screen-timing and precision need to be improved. This is a vital play in stretching the field horizontally.
  • Would love to see some mo-cap action of wr’s beating press coverage. The great ones are clinical. That “suddenness” needs to be captured.
  • Jump balls: Used to be a big factor in 08 when you could use user controls and time a jump ball at it's highest point. Feels a bit automatic now.
LB's
  • The whole super jumping thing...
DB's
  • Lots of work. May go beyond the scope of just tuning and relate to the actual physics and game engine which is a whole different issue.
  • The running game is mostly about running fits. A good defense is gap conscious and a bad defense is vice versa. As it is right now, a good run play by cpu is determined by how many guys they pancake.
  • The passing game (against zone) is all about High/Low concepts. Run a shallow route combined with a deeper route over the top and force the defender to make a choice.
  • Generally speaking, a good defender takes the high option away while a bad one takes the low option away.
  • In NCAA 12, a bad defender, covers neither while a good one covers both.
  • The passing game (against man) is all about ;
  • selling one route and running the counter: a guy running a post takes a jab step to sell a corner first or a guy running a flat route sells a route up the field before sticking it and going to the outside.
  • Also, route combinations against man coverage try and establish a rub (a pick) to try and free one receiver from their defender.
  • Late Hits: As an annoying as they were way back in Madden 97 on playstation, it was realistic. Mental mistakes are a BIG part of college football. If you lose your composure as a gamer, there should be consequences. (They should only be user-initiated on a user controlled team otherwise cpu would definitely cheat users).
  • Pass Interference: None existent right now but more so a residual effect of the lack of real db/wr interaction so maybe a bigger issue here beyond PI.
  • Horse Collar- animation none existent right now unless it is added.
Compilation of Other Lists( Already Mentioned some)
Custom Conferences: I really like how we now have the ability to not only swap teams, but also add and subtract schools to our liking. I believe they should take this feature over-the-top for next year and the years down the road. Let's start by making it possible to have more than 120 schools in dynasty to account for those new schools joining the D-1A ranks (Texas St. UMass, UTSA, etc...Hopefully TeamBuilder will be significantly upgraded). This will allow users to make realistic WAC and Sun Belt conferences, and even add possible teams like Villanova to the Big East 4 or 5 years into dynasty.

Next would be to give users the ability to completely edit conference logos and to create/remove conferences for those seeking the 4 Super-Conference setup. How great would it be to make an elite Pac-16 by combining with the WAC and uploading your custom logo. Speaking of logos... the conference logos on all the uniforms and helmets need to change to reflect the moves, much like the field logos. It's minor, but seeing a huge WAC logo still on Utah State's jersey when I moved them to the MWC is annoying. Additionally, Dynamic Conference Prestige is a must. There is no sense in adding LSU to C-USA (outside of controlled chaos) if the prestige of C-USA doesn't increase and therefore effect recruiting.

Lastly, with all these changes and the ability to create huge, powerful conferences, why not bring back the option for a playoff at the end of the season? I don't know what type BCS blockades the NCAA team would face getting it in, but it would receive a loud applause if added. We would finally be able to determine our champ on the (cyper) field.

Neutral Site Games: How many times a year do you see two marquee teams match-up in a neutral site early in the year and duke it out? A few huge match-ups took place last year, yet we still can't do that in our little dynasty. Imagine pairing Notre Dame/FSU in the Georgia Dome. The bands, the build up and the special broadcast..and why stop there? How about Ohio St. meeting Texas in Neyland Stadium in Knoxville, TN or recreating Boise/VT in FedEx Field in DC. This would not only be incredbly exciting, but it could directly impact your "National Exposure" rating for the better if you have the cojanes to challenge the big boys or accept other schools invites to play.

To make this a worthy addition, all stadiums must be available to play in, and the endzones should reflect the teams in the game why'll removing any bowl logo or school logos from the field. This should also apply to all conference championship sites. If I pick Lincoln Financial (Army-Navy currently) for the Big East Championship game, we shouldn't see all the Army/Navy logos, endzones, but rather it reflect the teams in the game. Hopefully we can finally get all the NFL stadiums in eventually to give us even more options.

Presentation: To me, there is almost nothing more important to dynasty than presentation. It's truly something that can keep me coming back like NCAA 06 did, or bore me to the point I shut off the game... much like previous installations on next gen. There are several things that were removed from the good ol' PS2 days that have yet to find their way back in. Hopefully they are on the way, but in case you forgot I have gone through and picked out the absolute best aspects of dynasty presentation and what would make this simply amazing.

Many would love to see the return of the magazine with players and coaches pictures along with short little captions at the center of the interface. It seriously made my season once my star QB made the cover or there was a page under stats about how dominant my defense was. I realize you can take a screen shot and it will show up in the interface, but why should I have to go through all the teams and take a pic when the PS2 generate cool little shots on its own? It doesn't have to be flashy, and obviously it would just need to switch from Athlon to ESPN. If there's one thing I want back in presentation wise, its this. Who else is tired of team logos? Get this back in!

Adding more of a personal feel to my team was this 3 second clip of the Heisman Trophy ceremony. It was especially rewarding when it was actually my guy. After dominating for a whole year, this really made it worth playing all the games to win this. If some type of awards show short could be generated for the other awards that'd be icing, but I'm sure the majority would be ecstatic for this little nugget shown below.

There is nothing better than waking up Saturday morning to catch College Gameday for a complete overview of the on-slot of games that afternoon. Bringing back the trio and giving them a graphical update, along with Chris Fowler and Desmond Howard would put Dynasty over the top. It could be as simple as a little pre-game analysis in front of your stadium (if game of the week) with crazy fans holding signs... to an entire preview show (think 2K5) that takes place at the national game of the week location. Must have for future versions of NCAA!

Something that added a lot of immersion to the feel of a dynasty game was the live score ticker at the bottom of the screen. During time-outs, penalties, scores, or big plays this simple element popped up and let me see if my rival was loosing and how the top schools were fairing. This is just on of those small things that add a lot to the feel of the game.

A rather small addition that needs to make a return is the pre-game stats and info. I'm glad the random facts about the schools have been removed, but while waiting give us a screen with a condensed version of team stat leaders & injuries or, in case of a rival/huge game, recent results or a decription of the rivalry. Currently, it is quite boring looking at button tips waiting for the game to load. Again, just a small feature that goes a long way.

Finally, in regards to presentation, are stat overlays. There just doesn't seem to be enough of these after playing numerous games over the last week. In comparison to an ESPN broadcast, its a little weak when you see overlays almost every couple of plays. It would be terrific if they also season stats and comparative stats to both the team you are playing/players and the rest of the NCAA. It kept me wanting give the ball to "my guy" and boost him up through the ranks of the NCAA stat leaders.

Coaching Carousel: Everyone is really excited that this got in. It's fun to see your traditional Pro-Style offense switch it up to a spread or an Air-Raid offense go to option with just one offseason due to coaching changes. The interface is smooth and quick, and the rate at which coaches move around seems to be at a good rate. The only nuances I see are way too many A+ rated coaches when there are really only a handful of guys that can't be fired (Saban, Joe Pa, Stoops). Its pretty great still for its first year in the game, and only see it getting better.

Now being a coach is a little different. I'd like to see more options added for our appearance (its pretty limited currently) and complete control of your coordinators once you are the head coach. Also, being an OC or DC, its seems like we should only be controlling that side of the ball in all aspects of the game - recruiting, red-shirts, etc. Having coaching as the focal point of dynasty, our created gurus need to be in many more cutscenes (in the booth and sidelines, end of game) and on the magazine as previously noted.

Violations: Now the NCAA may nix this idea, but its been such a hot bottom issue of late it seems like a no-brainer addition that should be represented in NCAA 13. It could be simple, effecting scholarships and academic prestige depending on the suspensions or lack of action you decide to take. Honestly, if they just ported over what we had in PS2, this would be a hit. It would make recruiting those great athletes who have a bad "character grade" a real risk.

Commentary: Probably the most talked about aspect of the game, and not in a good way. Kirk and Brad, although solid, have become a little stale over the last decade. The simple remedy here would be to add lines, but why not give us another team or two? They could be used for less significant games while Brad & Kirk are reserved for the "Prime Time Game" on Saturday night. Not sure of the chances on this, although FIFA has something like this, but it would be much appreciated.
Coaching Carousel Wishlist

My focus here will be on the Coaching Carousel. This has the potential to be the greatest feature ever, but as it stands, it needs some serious improvements. I will break down the areas that need improvement in the following categories; Coach Ratings, Coach Contracts & Goals, Coach Progression, and Coach Hiring Logic.

Coach Ratings

"Coach Prestige" is a nice start, but what factors into a coach being a good coach is far more in depth than prestige. We need specific ratings for coaches in varying categories just as players do. I will break down an example as follow. Also, let's do away with the letter grade and use a numerical scale like we do with the players for more variance in the coaches.

Prestige: There is nothing wrong with giving a coach a prestige rating. Alabama's Nick Saban is going to obviously have more prestige than Arkansas State's Hugh Freeze. Saban could start the game with a 97 rating, while freeze might only be a 60. And though I will go more in depth in the progression category, Freeze should only progress a handful of points per year, regardless of his success because coaches don't just become one of the most prestigious overnight.

Offense: This category speaks for itself. What is the coach's background in offense? Has he had a lot of success? Gus Malzhan's overall as an offensive coordinator would likely be in the 90s due to his innovation and success. If he is a defensive coach, he likely won't have a high rating in it, and that's okay.

Defense: Again, this can speak for itself. How good of a defensive coach is the guy? Bud Foster from Va Tech would have rating in the 90s.

Special Teams: Another fundamental category here. How good is the coach at special teams. I'll get to the influences of the last three at the end.

Recruiting: How good of a recruiter is this coach? If he constantly lands 4 and 5 star guys, his rating would be pretty good.

Teaching:
How good can this coach get his players to learn all that he knows? This is crucial to being a good coach.

Overall: These specific categories should add up to an overall rating, just as it does for players.

EFFECTS
Now, these ratings per specific categories should just be numbers that determine where and how coaches move around. They need to have a profound effect on the team they are coaching. If and offensive coordinator has a poor offense rating and a poor teaching rating, then that offense shouldn't be worth much, regardless of the talent they have. A good recruiting rating should allow teams to pull in some better recruits. Hopefully you get the point.

How this should be implemented for the user
At the beginning of the dynasty, we should be able to set our rating. Now, to make it realistic, we should only have so much space to work. Let us choose which categories we will be good in and which ones we will not be as good in. Then, as the dynasty progresses, we can improve based upon meeting our goals.

Coach Contracts & Goals

Contracts that coaches are given greatly need improvement. There are constantly 1 year contracts handed out. This makes no sense. No one does that. It's like saying "hey if you don't get it right this year then you might not be back." Especially if you walk into a mess of a situation, you get an opportunity to get your system in place and get things turned around. No contract should really ever be less than three years. Now, if we are talking extensions of contracts, 1 or 2 years makes sense. The school wants to continue to see progress and if it's not met then you're done. But 1 year from the get go is unrealistic.

Goals are an excellent idea for progression and firing logic. Even they could use improvement. It seems as though with weaker teams, your goals are very attainable. It would be nice to see a little bit tougher goals. On the other hand, goals at large schools or even small schools that win some can be -- dare I say it -- too tough?? I just saw in one carousel Chip Kelly from Oregon get fired for going 12-2 and had had equal success in earlier years. I saw a guy who was the HC at Wyoming get fired after going 8-4. I'm sorry but if you go 8-4 at Wyoming, you will be hailed as a god and they will build a statue in your name. You will definitely not get fired. There are almost no programs that will fire you if you win 10 games every year.

Goals are excellent, but I can assure you there is one cure all for missing out on some goals written down on paper; WINNING. If you win ball games, especially dependent on the school, your job is safe.

Coaching Progression

If there is a consensus to the new coaching carousel, it comes with coaching progression. It above all things severely needs work. As it has been said, coaches progress WAY to quickly. This leads there to being an abundance of "good" coaches. This clearly affects the carousel because you see an A rated guy who just won 4 games get a head coaching job at a big BCS school.

Coaches don't become all stars over night. Okay, yes, Urban Meyer's rise was rather meteoric, but that's only in reflection. Nobody knew the guy when he was winning games at Bowling Green State. Regardless, progression should be toned down greatly. Perhaps a max of 5 points overall per year? That's just a suggestion and even that might be too great.

Progression should be tied to success and success, while determined by goals, should also have winning factored in. If a coach has a successful season (meets all goals, wins 8 games at say... Tulane) then he should improve more than a well rated coach (didn't meet all goals, won only 4 games at Ole Miss). Again, I'll go back to the fact that winning equals a lot, even if you only ran for 950 yards on the year when your goal said 1000.

Coach Hiring and Firing Logic

Although you've seen the most debate about coaching progression, I'll end with hiring and firing logic because it is my biggest concern.

As it stands, if you aren't a coordinator, you're not going to get a head coaching job. This isn't always the case, but I've simmed through years and years and the majority of the time, coordinators are the ones becoming head coach. This would be one thing if the hirings made sense, but often, they leave you scratching your head. Now, I know, there are hirings in real life that make you go "huh??" but not most of the time.

Case examples: I've seen Army's offensive coordinator land a head coaching job often. I'm sorry but the only place their OC is actually going is Army. He certainly isn't going to move up in the world by getting a head coaching job. He could land an OC job at a bigger school. That would make sense. But he is not yet qualified to land a head coach job. It just wouldn't happen. And this stuff happens all the time. A BCS level school hires a coordinator from a small conference. That would never ever happen. To make matters worse, these coordinators often come from schools with LOSING records. Once again, I'll go back to the fact that WINNING equals everything. I don't care if you're an A rated coach, if your team wins 3 games, nobody wants anything to do with you. That's a FACT.

What we need to see...
...In BCS level conferences
We need to see the rise of coaches emulated like we do in real life. Who gets BCS head coaching jobs? Very often, they are head coaches from smaller schools, with the MAC being a hot bed for them. If a BCS school does not hire a head coach from a small school, they will likely hire a coordinator from a very successful BCS school. That's just how it goes. On occasion, teams will hire from within, but not nearly as often as '12 seems to make happen. The only other thing that might happen is they get somebody from the NFL (i.e. Colorado). This could be emulated by having a pool of generic, CPU created coaches.

...In smaller conferences
Smaller schools might have a little more flexibility with hiring coaches, but their favorite place to go is back to the BCS conferences with hiring not only coordinators, but position coaches (but that's another story for another thread). Here, it would make sense to see hirings from within - i.e. promotion from coordinator to head coach. One thing that is great is that former head coaches often land coordinator positions at these smaller schools. That really does happen and I like to see it in the game as it is. We could definitely also see those former coaches take head coaching gigs at smaller schools, which is realistic.

Hiring and Firing
In real life, if a head coach is fired, the coordinators that coached under him are basically fired too. A new head coach will bring in his own guys to run his system. It's a fact of life. Almost never will a coordinator hang around. This is not emulated in the game. The CPU head coaches need the ability to hire an OC and DC that fit the styles they want (that are listed on their coach profile). A head coach really shouldn't hire someone that doesn't fit with their styles of play because they probably wouldn't mesh well.

A user that becomes a head coach should absolutely be able to hire the OC and DC he wants. Again, it's just realistic. And if you go back to coach ratings, having his own OC and DC would mean he controls how his team is affected. We could even go a step further and say in the middle of a game, instead of the option to choose "coach call" plays or you pick by formation, you have no option to choose and your OC or DC says what he wants to run. Some people might not like the loss of "control" but it would certainly add to the realism and it could be added as an option.

1. Getting it Right

It might sound ridiculous, but it has to be addressed. Last year the retail game was arguably broken if not patched thanks to issues with progression, pump fakes, and uniform degradation (among other things). This year it seems two of those three problems found their way into the game AGAIN, as well as the blank custom playbooks bug. How about releasing a game that is polished for the most part? Maybe it isn't a feature, but it would certainly speak to EA's professionalism if half the players in the game weren't 99s by season 5 in dynasties.

While they're at it, take the features added this year and spend a while polishing them up. Conference Realignment should have an AI system that doesn't put all the power in the Users hands. How do I know when my FAU Owls are worthy of an ACC invite? (psssst; I don't) The 3D grass looks good in most situations but in replays you can clearly tell it is just on a grid and, it's ruined many screenshots for me.

P.S. Ben, your dreads look like crap. If you are going to do something, don't half-*** it.

2. Gameplay Physics

Reading early reports had me excited that the new tackling and momentum system would take player's physical attributes into consideration for the first time in franchise history. That doesn't seem to be the case as my 240 lbs halfback still acts like a ballerina and my 6'6 tight end is getting jacked by 5'9 corners on the daily. If they can just ATTEMPT to implement a physics system (ala FIFA or NHL) then I'm sure most people here would respect that and be patient with them.

This addition seems the most likely out of this year's list as they seemed to already experiment with a physics engine on the pylons.

3. Graphical Depth

Now this year they took some strides with the lighting and the game looks absolutely phenomenal on my 1080p HDTV. I can't complain one bit about how replays look or how I feel about the graphics as a whole. Granted, sometimes I feel the graphics don't seem all too improved in actual gameplay, but I'm probably being nitpicky. That being said I think they could add variety to what we see on the field. I think they could definitely work on the textures in the game as players just seem to have a generic feel to me. Last year I put "Graphical Perfection" as #5 on my list, and they made things look pretty good, but still there are about 40 faces in the game.

For the love of God, give us a face editor and enable GameFace to work for RTG or created prospects. Allow for the players to display their discounted tattoos with pride as they play in primetime rivalries year in and year out. Give us more than a t-shirt, sweatervest, and suit when we lead our players out on the field. When each team has 70 players and there are 120 teams, there should be more variety with these sort of things. Seriously.

4. Dynamic Depth Charts

Each team has different plays, formations, and strategies; no team plays the same way. Likewise, few teams organize their depth charts the same way either. Dynamic Depth Charts would give users the ability to change positions to fit how they play. For example, some teams designate positions by left or right, but others by strong and weak. This would give you the ability to designate strong/weak-side linebackers, offensive lineman, defensive backs, etc. who would line up differently each play based on what is called or how the offense lines up.

Dynamic Depth Charts could also be organized by series or situation. Imagine being able to alternate starting halfbacks by every other series, or creating a defensive line rotation. I know I would love to have this for when my players are getting tired and I just need that extra kick, or when I need that pass rushing specialist on 3rd and long.

"Coverage Matchups" could also be a part of this expanded depth chart idea.

...if I were on the sideline I wouldn't care about the touchdown play either.

5. College Football has Sidelines?

This might be a personal beef, but everytime I look at a sideline in NCAA I want to vomit. Nothing is moving at all, besides the cheerleaders and the three #65s that are jumping and clapping in unison. I want to see the sideline players all doing different things. I want to see the camera crews and photographers following the play. I want it to seem like everyone is absorbed in what is happening on the field. It might not seem worth the effort to most people, but to me I'd rather them scrap something like RTG and focus more on believable sidelines, gameplay, and dynasty.

6. Presentation Perfection

Honestly, this should probably be higher, but all of these additions seem so necessary that a well-thought out ordering of them would have been a waste of time. The bottom line is Erin Andrew's sweet sweet voice can only do so much for a commentary crew that hasn't changed in ten years or so. Let's mix it up and start from scratch. Bring back untelevised games, and bring in another crew for less significant displays. How about having an ABC, ESPN, and CBS all with their own crews and presentation? What? That's too much? Well the least you can do is give us a lot more commentary that relates to the situation and the significance of games in dynasties.

And while we are at it, I love the custom entrances but I skip them after the first week on the game and so does everyone else. Ben, again, you need to think these things through. Spend more time on cutscenes that are unavoidable like injuries, timeouts, celebrations, etc. etc. These are what will bring the game to life moreso than hitting a sign before the game.

7. Weather that Matters

This was in last year and I feel the exact same way about it this time around. Weather can make close games into legendary games... and rain never comes down at the same strength without stopping for three hours straight. Start a game in the sunshine and end it with gusts of wind and spotty showers. Have a first half during a hurricane and let the second half be played on a calm, muddy field.

8. Mini Games

Mini-games are back on my wish-list this year as well. It was so much fun practicing with my quarterbacks by throwing in those rings on last-gen NCAA, or even coffincorner punts. Those mini-games were a great success and it's a shame that Madden took them out for the combine style games (which suck). NCAA can bring them back and even use them in my 9th feature:

9. Spring Ball

Yep, another old feature we need back, and we need it back in the biggest way. At this point we have no control over progression or how our players are developing in the offseason. Bringing back the spring game, but also integrating the minigames in and a few more scrimmages would help us shape our team, albeit slightly, to how we want to play. Suggestions for gaining/losing weight could be brought back in and all the games/scrimmages could culminate with a fun spring game and spring awards presentation at halftime. Suddenly the offseason is fun again.

Another fun part of this would be letting freshman come in early and participate before their first season with the team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2012, 08:20 PM   #2
MVP

EAGLESFAN10's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Personal and Compilation of NCAA 13 Wishlists

WOOOOW !!!! Surprised nobody has responded 2 this thread because it has all their ideas all in one

Anyway... If this was madden I would want GAMEPLAY over PRESENTATION but since this is College I prefer PRESENTATION over GAMEPLAY because without the presentation it wouldnt be nearly as GOOD (Thats jus me though)

They 2 just RE-WRITE the WHOLE Dynasty Mode (I found myself playing quick games more than Dynasty games SMH it should be the other way around)

If they get just get a commentary crew with CHEMISTRY it would make it a whole lot better also more storylines EXAMPLES: Kirk Herbstreit and Brent Musberger I actually like their commentary in REAL-LIFE ..... I always say even though it's pre-recorded have them say lines as if they were calling the game on TV .... Have them say what they want also

To me the TACKLING/MOMENTUM was a JOKE in this years game ..... A TE shouldnt get hit high by my 5'11 198 lb CB So DISRESPECTFUL lol

If I have Trent Richardson(one of my Favorite backs) running right at Vicent Burfict it should be a 50/50 battle of who gunna win it

CONFERENCE IDENTITY: ALL Teams play the same
SEC and BIG EAST feel the SAME (I'm a Louisville fan but also like Alabama so I KNOW the difference) If I'm playing Alabama I should run to the outside since they dont that good going sideline to sideline

Team Ratings
This shouldnt be rated off of skill ... It should be based off EXECUTION and COACHES and CHEMISTRY

You can have the best players in the world and not be successful look at my EAGLES we had all the TALENT but know CHEMISTRY/ one of the WORST defensive system I've seen since the COLTS lol

WEATHER is soo KEY to ALL Football games

TAKE COACHING CAROUSEL OUT COMPLETELY JUST A WASTE OF SPACE

Could be used for something much more credible same goes for That 1-button mode who plays that
Old 03-04-2012, 09:54 AM   #3
Rookie

Custon 89's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Personal and Compilation of NCAA 13 Wishlists

I like the dynamic depth chart. My Maryland dynasty depth chart is seniors are starters, but each senior is good at a certain position/situation. With an Air Raid Offense, my best WR as now is 90 ovr 5-10, 190 guy with 90 SPD/ACC. I think I used 12 or 14 Form. subs just to put him in the slot.

Also switching players position shouldn't kill some of their stat but awareness. Taking a 280 DT to DE (using a 3-4 D) his AWR should go down (not all the way done to 40, unless his AWR is 43- 46) his other stats should remain or 1pt. decrease. Recruits should match attributes with their height and weight.
Ex. Vince Wilfork is 6'2" 325 lb. DT/NT of the Patriots.
- 1 star STR = 85-90, TAK/BSH = 50-59, PMV = 70 - 75 and SPD/AGI = 40
- 2 star STR = 85-90, TAK/BSH = 60-64, PMV = 70 - 75 and SPD/AGI = 40
- 3 star STR = 85-90, TAK/BSH = 65-69, PMV = 75 - 80 and SPD/AGI = 40
- 4 star STR = 85-90, TAK/BSH = 70-75, PMV = 80 - 85 and SPD/AGI = 40
- 5 star STR = 85-90, TAK/BSH = 75-80, PMV = 80 - 85 and SPD/AGI = 40
Every now and then a Cam Newton, Adrian Peterson or other force to be reckon with come along but not every 5-star prospect.

Along with Height and Weight was suppose to matter with the tackle and momentum aspect. That really didn't show itself (without using sliders, but still hasn't fully been implemented). Most games, either me, another user, or CPU should have been carried out-of-bounds, but somehow stay in bounds and pick up more yards.

I saw someone in this forum using weight as a multiplier. This can also help with a true AGILITY for momentum. (AKA center of gravity)
Trent Richardson (I think his is 5'11" 220 range RB) can stop on a dime and speed back up to full speed worthy of AGI = 99 and ACC = 99
[check Alabama vs. Ole Miss game or Sports Science]

Adding throwing motion (side-arm, overhead, etc.) and passing trajectory can eliminate "SUPER LB". Unless my LB has a vertical of 40", I'll shut up. So far, especially in my dynasty most of LBs have 60 - 75 JMP ratings.

Last edited by Custon 89; 03-11-2012 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Information

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »