Home

Am the only one who absolutely loves NCAA 2005?

This is a discussion on Am the only one who absolutely loves NCAA 2005? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2004, 12:32 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Am the only one who absolutely loves NCAA 2005?

I love this game....I play on Heisman with sliders heavily favored toward the AI. I get completely realistic stats and games....I just started a 9 team dynasty. The sliders for me are perfect, in fact I like this game so much that I may not buy 2006....Mainly because it normally takes me about 100 games to decide on the sliders I want to use for my dynasty and because my time is limited, I think I'll just play this until the next gen machines come out. I play on PS2 also...I only control a defensive tackle on Defense, the game really captures a true sim feeling.

A couple of games in my first week of my 9 team dynasty:
Wake(Me) 17 Clemson 27
Ohio State(Me) 37 Cincinnatti 17
MSU(Me) 10 Rutgers 17
K-State (ME) 47 WKU 13
S. Carolina(Me) 34 Vandy 30

The game feels right. I also have the brand new updated rosters from November 15th so it will be interesting to compare stats from my players to the those in real life, including Freshmen like Henne & Harte, Peterson, etc.....
Old 12-04-2004, 02:09 AM   #10
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15

I'm in a three man dynasty with OU (Me), Michigan, and Florida State. In the first three weeks of our third season, I have had three very realistic games. I beat SMU 77-14 and threw for 400 and rushed for 200 with the backups in the whole fourth quarter. Just because I kept rubbing it in, it got out of hand. My next game was at home against #18 Washington. Washington's Defensive Coaching Strategy was a 3-4 with 37%/63% run/pass ratio and a low aggresiveness rating. That resulted in them playing LOTS of two deep and three deep coverage; I could never get a big play in the passing game (something I get a lot) and I was too impatient to pick apart the zones. The score going into the fourth quarter was 9-7 Washington, thanks to a couple of goalline stands by my defense. With 4:00 left, I got the ball and decided to just run the ball right down the field. I drove all they way to their 30 when they FINALLY manned up with no deep help; I quick audibled to Ace Spread Triangle (I was running Ace Spread Counter Option) and beat them with a 30 yard go route. I won 14-9. That was a great game and it was one I would not have had without the coaching strategies tactic. The next game I played at #10 Georgia and won 17-14, but their quarterback was something like 65% for 250 yards and two touchdowns; it was a great game too. I find that using the coaching strategies tactic makes every game different, and I like that. I play on Heisman with 8 minute quarters with WR Catching up, but everything else the same.
Old 12-04-2004, 10:38 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 6

Soldier that sounds like a great idea with coach strategies. How do you do it again? I love this game and I would like to see different teams play a little more different.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2004, 02:48 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
Soldier that sounds like a great idea with coach strategies. How do you do it again? I love this game and I would like to see different teams play a little more different.
The idea is that before each game you play, you create a new coach/human player and assign him to the team you're about to play. You then go into coaching strategies and adjust the team's strategy to whatever you want it to be. This causes the CPU to use these strategies against you just like it uses your strategies when you sim one of your games. He's suggesting to use a file that has the strategies for every team, which is a good idea if you want the best realism. Email him if you want the file.

Otherwise, you can just adjust to teh general style you want the team to play based on what you think they do in real life. Once you're done with your game, you delete the coach and create a new one that you assign to your next opponent. It doesn't take more than 5 minutes before each game and it helps the CPU's strategies.
Old 12-05-2004, 03:18 PM   #13
MVP

davin's Arena

OVR: 13

I love this game, yet my disk is somehow dirty/damaged (despite no scratches or anything) and will not play, as it freezes about every 15 minutes. I think the game could be better, but I love the college game so much that it erases most of the problems in my mind. It really sucks because I just found really good sliders and was getting awesome games.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:49 AM   #14
MVP

timmg's Arena

OVR: 5

I understand the passing game, now I'm completing 50-55% of my passes in my Illinios dynasty, my record is 1-6 and I'm having more fun than ever with this game. I play 8 min. quarters on AA.
cpu pass acc. maxed out
cpu pass blk. default
cpu wr catch +5
cpu run blk maxed out
cpu run abil maxed out

cpu awr default
cpu int default
cpu knd default
cpu brk blk +3
cpu tack default

human qb acc. +3, wr catch +3, run blk -5, everything else default
human awr -2, int -2, kndws-2, brk blk 0, tackling -3
Old 12-07-2004, 06:19 PM   #15
MVP

fpac's Arena

OVR: 15

Well, I played a game last night and the CPU QB started out the game completing 9 of 10. His stats at the end of the game? 10 for 34. The game is fun, but it still frustrates the hell out of me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2004, 11:05 AM   #16
Vol
Rookie

Vol's Arena

OVR: 1

I love the game too. I just started my fifth year of dynasty and changed schools for the first time. I haven't been able to play as much as I would like since my ps2 is on its last legs. I would play my game, get anywhere from a few minutes in to the last second and it would freeze on me and make this horrible loud noise. I had no scratches on it but rent a version and it did the same thing. I have had this same thing happen with a few other games, and am waiting on the holidays to get here so I can get a new one. I made sure to tell my wife that is all I want. Davin, you may want to try to rent a copy and see if it does the same thing for you. It is a great game though and can play it all the time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »