Home

when will there be info?

This is a discussion on when will there be info? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2005, 08:50 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: when will there be info?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasysportsguy
Huh? Either he was BS'ing you big time, feeding you disinformation on purpose, or he was trying to make himself look smart (by using the x and z axis crap), but this guy doesnt know what he is talking about. Dont you think if they can make Doom 3 run on the XBOX at 35+ frames per second, and look great, that they can make a player run down a pre-rendered hill at a pre-rendered stadium?

That was what I was thinking, and don't forget the graphic of the goalpost celebration NCAA took out with all the fans running on the field...
Old 01-26-2005, 10:05 AM   #10
ddeweil

OVR:

good point. I hadn't thought about that. i'm not too computer savy so i was just like "oh ok cool"

Old 01-27-2005, 08:21 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
that they can make a player run down a pre-rendered hill at a pre-rendered stadium?
the ncaa intros aren't pre-rendered, they're done with the game engine.

how cheesy would it look to have generic clemson players running down a hill during every game, in a little FMV??

but you're right, it does seem awfully fishy to assume they can't actually make that happen. i'd say they're lazy, more than anything . . .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2005, 08:47 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeweil
I was at my sister's wedding (obviously) this past november and her husband's best man is his best friend who works for EA down in Florida...he's on the NCAA art team...yeah my brother and i were freaking out about it. we actually got a picture with the guy. anyways so i was trying to squeeze some info out of him about what he was working on. He works on the stadiums (actually if he is reading this i hope he doesn't get mad). All he told me was that they were working on the lighting that they had in Madden this year and putting it in NCAA. (yeah big news....anyways). He also said that they got a sneak peak at early Madden stuff for the PS3 and he said it was unbelievable..like watching a real game on TV. And they were starting to fool around with the PS3 technology for NCAA in January...which is now. A bunch of Clemson fans were there so they were asking him why they can't have them run down the hill...he said it was a hardware thing and with the X and Y axis and all that they couldn't do it with the current tech..maybe for PS3? Anyways...what else.....yeah that was about it...he wouldn't spill beans but it was cool talking to him..i wanted to tell him everything about NCAA that we wanted changed but he doesn't work with the programmers...just the art team. well that's it. not too much but at least they are working on 06!

This guy is blowing smoke up your arse.. Sony hasn't giving EA their PS3 dev kits yet..EA only has the dev kits for the Xbox 2.. & he claims Madden on the PS3 will look like real life..lol Right.. Even Madden on a top end PC doesn't come close to being life like..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Old 01-28-2005, 12:09 PM   #13
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobvaquero
the ncaa intros aren't pre-rendered, they're done with the game engine.

how cheesy would it look to have generic clemson players running down a hill during every game, in a little FMV??

but you're right, it does seem awfully fishy to assume they can't actually make that happen. i'd say they're lazy, more than anything . . .
I never said they current ones were prerendered. I said that if they can make Doom 3 run on the XBOX, they can make a pre-rendered player run down a pre-rendered hill. I never said anything about the current intros. Read what I said in the original post again.
Old 01-28-2005, 12:40 PM   #14
T*rg*t F**ld

bergie56's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
I never said they current ones were prerendered. I said that if they can make Doom 3 run on the XBOX, they can make a pre-rendered player run down a pre-rendered hill. I never said anything about the current intros. Read what I said in the original post again.
Not to say you are wrong or anything like that but they have a much larger time frame to make a game like Doom 3, than they do to make a yearly sports game. Also they make Ncaa for the ps2 then port it over to the Xbox. Again I am not saying you are wrong b/c I think that they could find someway to do this.
Old 01-28-2005, 12:45 PM   #15
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergie56
Not to say you are wrong or anything like that but they have a much larger time frame to make a game like Doom 3, than they do to make a yearly sports game. Also they make Ncaa for the ps2 then port it over to the Xbox. Again I am not saying you are wrong b/c I think that they could find someway to do this.
Right but my point is that even if they couldnt get it to work in real time, something we all agree they could do (running down the hill), that at the least they could pre-render it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2005, 03:38 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
i know you didn't say there is pre-rendering going on now. i just don't think the comparison is valid between getting doom3 on a console, and "pre-rendering" an intro. the fmv in final fantasy vii is "pre-rendered", and it from a very dated platform. nothing else in ncaa is "pre-rendered", it's all done on the fly with the engine. maybe you could claify what you're trying to say. (for some reason, this isn't clicking with me) (although we agree that it should be possible to make the clemson dudes run down a hill. after all, they have the notre dame guys walking down stairs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolbubbaice
Even Madden on a top end PC doesn't come close to being life like..
that's because the pc madden is still a port from the console.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »