Home

Help with passing...

This is a discussion on Help with passing... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2005, 03:35 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Icon5 Help with passing...

For reasons that are unimportant I gave up on EA Sports football long ago. As an XBox owner though the chance to get both Top Spin and NCAA Football 2005 for $12 used was too good to pass up.

Now that I'm playing again I'm flat out horrid at the passing game. Anyone have a guide, faq, article, or just some pointers to get me on the right path?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2005, 04:09 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Help with passing...

I was terrible at passing, completing barely 45 percent on AA in my dynasty with some friends, but after three seasons and even a move up to Heisman I am now completing about 66 percent.

I think the biggest thing is familiarity with the playbook. There are about six or seven plays that I know if a guy will be open in man or in zone coverage, and basically that is all from just playing a ton and getting used to the playbook and what plays can exploit what.

Also, the pumpfake is pretty huge for me, I would say that is the second biggest reason why I got better.

All in all, I know that these aren't necessarily pointers, but if you practice or just play and keep on throwing, sooner or later you will get used to the reads and routes and what not.

Doesn't hurt to recruit players with A+ hands though, sometimes my players still get the dropsies....

PhilC
Old 02-01-2005, 07:38 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 6

The best thing by far is to turn off Hoem Field advantage. I have the ps2. But after I did this it was a totally different game. Just turing off camera shake may help a little. But when you turn off hoem field advantage teh differnce is AMAZING.
Old 02-01-2005, 11:50 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilCrenshaw
I was terrible at passing, completing barely 45 percent on AA in my dynasty with some friends, but after three seasons and even a move up to Heisman I am now completing about 66 percent.

I think the biggest thing is familiarity with the playbook. There are about six or seven plays that I know if a guy will be open in man or in zone coverage, and basically that is all from just playing a ton and getting used to the playbook and what plays can exploit what.

Also, the pumpfake is pretty huge for me, I would say that is the second biggest reason why I got better.

All in all, I know that these aren't necessarily pointers, but if you practice or just play and keep on throwing, sooner or later you will get used to the reads and routes and what not.

Doesn't hurt to recruit players with A+ hands though, sometimes my players still get the dropsies....

PhilC
I also found that the pumpfake works really well. It gives you a small window to place the ball so you have to make sure you are paying attention. What drives me nuts is that I will start the game pretty hot...7 of 10..8 of 10....then go ice cold with the computer swatting everything down. I know that defenses adjust but it does get frustrating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »