Home

Do you think the new BCS formula will be in the game?

This is a discussion on Do you think the new BCS formula will be in the game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2005, 07:02 PM   #1
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Do you think the new BCS formula will be in the game?

I am curious if anyone has heard or read whether or not the new bcs formula will be in the game? I hope they allow a playoff option like they did a few years ago, but if not, then I hope that it will be in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2005, 07:08 PM   #2
Rookie

Patman's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Do you think the new BCS formula will be in the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I am curious if anyone has heard or read whether or not the new bcs formula will be in the game? I hope they allow a playoff option like they did a few years ago, but if not, then I hope that it will be in the game.
The old BCS formula was never in the game... why would they start now? (Before anybody disagrees with me, think about how much raw computing power is needed to do the BCS rating systems for the computers... nevermind all of them at once... even on my machine I'd low bound this as at minimum a minute, max 20.)

UConn Grad Student/TA
UMass-Lowell B.S. Math '04
Old 05-02-2005, 08:13 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patman
The old BCS formula was never in the game... why would they start now? (Before anybody disagrees with me, think about how much raw computing power is needed to do the BCS rating systems for the computers... nevermind all of them at once... even on my machine I'd low bound this as at minimum a minute, max 20.)
Just a guess, but I don't think the game would have ever put Texas in the Rose Bowl no matter how many times you simmed it!

I think the new system goes into effect next season, so I doubt they'll add it. It would be nice to have a playoff option though! At least let us put all this nonsense to rest!
Old 05-02-2005, 09:04 PM   #4
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35

I wish the game had a playoff determined by the polls (although the polls in last year's game were seriously screwed up in some cases).
Old 05-03-2005, 07:52 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub
I wish the game had a playoff determined by the polls (although the polls in last year's game were seriously screwed up in some cases).
The polls in a computer game are of course actually a computer ranking. So I don't see the point in the game going by just polls when they use computers too in real life. Its not like just polls has any chance of being better because voters are watching the games. You might as well at least call it what it actually is. But they would have a tough time calculating the actual BCS computer rankings every week. Even if they had the permission from those computer guys it would probably take a PS2 about 1 minute to solve all of them.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »