Home

To quote Han Solo: "I've got a baaaad feeling about this."

This is a discussion on To quote Han Solo: "I've got a baaaad feeling about this." within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2005, 05:23 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
news flash...

it is just another video game series...

we are all sure that the video game addicts on this board will find SOMETHING pleasurable in the video game world to occupy their time, whether it is NCAA04,05,06 or some online text sim...

everyone will find their fix for the next season and be happy... bitching in anticipating is just anal.
Old 05-08-2005, 03:13 AM   #34
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: To quote Han Solo: "I've got a baaaad feeling about this."

Quote:
Originally Posted by umd
yep what he said ^^^^. I'll warn you now this may get long and either you'll agree or you wont. But i'm sure there are a lot of Bill Walsh guys here who agree with us.

I've invested a lot in this series and am in no way an EA basher. I spend $50 bucks on this series every year since Bill Walsh. I wait in line for it. I stalk websites like NCAA Strategies (back in the day when it was the only show in town) and now OS to see where I can wait in line to pick it up the earliest...or make the fatal mistake of ordering it EA Direct (bad move always last to get it) just so I can have it for the 2-3 vacation days I work for months to save and schedule around its release.

The series has only gotten better. Its the only EA series in my opinion that actually has improved every single year (minus 05). Stop playing Live a long time ago it was so hit or miss. Madden is madden - sometimes it's revolutionary, sometimes a let down but ALWAYS never as good as NCAA's gameplay and the college game. March Madness is trash. Havent played hockey since genesis...NCAA is a constant. It's the only game I buy in July and play ALL year till 2-3 days before the new game comes out.

Online only made it more addicting. Online leagues for many of us are the only way we play now. The competition of playing realistic football July to July against real people means even more time - measured in hours and hours and hours invested to run leagues and communities that bring "old" people like me and AA together to play "real" college football in a video game...yes a video game.

Not to mention $$ to run websites and stats (Leaguedaddy) so yeah i do become a ***** when EA screws up my favorite game. I enjoy NCAA football all year like i enjoy playing basketball all year, or going to the beach in the summer. Sad? Maybe to some. But I call it fun.

That makes it damn frustrating when a game you expect to build on an already great series drops the ball (so to speak) so badly. This game is a dissappointment online - removing features (weather, neutral sites) that have no reason to be gone...or by making the game almost impossible to play online with the default settings and no sliders to correct the drops, overdone HFA, major AI cheating issues and various new glitches.

I considered 04 to be the best in the series so far. So good, in fact I put it tied for first with Super Tecmo Bowl (NES for you young kids) which i didnt play for a few months -- I played it a few YEARS cause it was the only game of its kind in town. So yeah I was pissed when that "new" producer (the one many call "Nickelback" or whatever - you know the clown that made all the weak madden games) and EA Sports "Maddenized" *my* yes my, NCAA football game.

Mascot games, pennants, great games and all that other crap (besides dynasty mode) has always been fluff. Its extra stuff thats there ALONG with the always solid gameplay. Those are "Whoopdedamndoo" features.

Its not until you start messing with the solid gameplay like last year that guys like me start getting fired up about the fluff features. Race for the Heisman. Big F&*%in deal. Many argued RFtH was just an eyecatching marketing spot to get more casual gamers...well it may be more than that with Howard on the cover and Herschel Walker and all these other great college players hyping it. Thats not to say thats a bad thing. Like i have said from the start you wont know until we all play it ourselves what we got. Just like it took till about August to realize 05 was a bust for many of us. I will say though that if 06 doesnt bring back the solid college AI and gameplay on the field theres a lot of us who can care less about the "impact camera" and "racing for a Heisman".

One year where you take a step back is fine. But two years could mean this series becomes like Live or Madden or NHL...just another EA series. And to many of us that be a shame.

Yeah that.
Old 05-09-2005, 04:40 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: To quote Han Solo: "I've got a baaaad feeling about this."

Excellent post umd. I believe that the series will get better. They just had a bad year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2005, 05:34 PM   #36
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: news flash...

Quote:
Originally Posted by volabroad
it is just another video game series...

we are all sure that the video game addicts on this board will find SOMETHING pleasurable in the video game world to occupy their time, whether it is NCAA04,05,06 or some online text sim...

everyone will find their fix for the next season and be happy... bitching in anticipating is just anal.
Is that really an absolute truth? I didnt really play 05 at all. But i got my football "fix" from ESPN NFL which still didnt last close to as longs as I always play my NCAA games. But hey lookie here...ESPN is no more. There will be less options next year and in the near future in terms of realistic football. Which to me makes it even more important that NCAA 06 gets back on track.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »