Home

One issue few have brought up....

This is a discussion on One issue few have brought up.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2005, 01:55 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
One issue few have brought up....

the pass rush. No, not blitzing and such. But the base front four rush and more specifically the effect of defensive ends. One of my biggest issues with 2005 was the complete lack of ability your defensive ends had to simply rush the passer. Example, take a dominant collegiate defensive end like David Pollack or Matt Roth and put them against an average to slightly above average OT, you will see them make plays in th e running game but also generate some push from the edge. At the end of the game they would likely have gotten pressure on the QB several times and maybe logged a sack or two depending on QB. In 2005 it simply was a matter of the whole line eventually collapsing on a dumb-dumb CPU QB who couldnt make up his mind. I'm anxious to get some news on the issue and see if it gets fixed or at least tweaked. Hell, sometimes the Defensive End flat out schools the OT and blows by him on the edge. I want to see it. Also, as a user controlled DL, why the falling over and such...very poor.

Side note, maybe related to the top portion as well...get a better sense of lineplay. A dominant offensive line like...Michigan, Oklahoma, etc. should indeed literally push the line of scrimmage. Forget just opening holes, I want push. If you are Indiana and roll into the Shoe or The Big House you should get pushed around. Vice Versa, a dominant DL like NC State with Mario Williams and such should really not only penetrate a line but push it back as well. Just my humble opinion. Anyone with feedback or impressions on it please feel free.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »