Home

Ign POTD ohio state vs michigan

This is a discussion on Ign POTD ohio state vs michigan within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2005, 06:44 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Ign POTD ohio state vs michigan

This is the first vids vs. CPU I've seen....and we got issues. Ok maybe we don't, I don't want to over analyze ONE video, but two things bug me.

Passing looks exactly like last year. Poor completetion %, High average. At last check the CPU was 6-15-162 2TD's 2INT. That's Deja- VU. ALso the CPU leading rusher only had 6 attemps in the 4th Qtr.

The DB's are INT machines again as well. THe fumbles seem to be a new thing, but that's just one game so I won't worry about that. The passing though.....eeeesh. I'm hopeful, but a little concerned.

I saw the same drops as last year....except for fly patterns. I REALLY hope it doesn't turn into a FLY pattern game.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2005, 07:45 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 4

That Ginn TD celebration is off the hook! Hilarious!
Old 06-09-2005, 08:18 AM   #27
Pro

OVR: 6

The game looks better in terms of animations, run blocking, and graphics in general. However the CPU offense looks as bad as last years. Typical poor running stats for the CPU, awful completion %, but plenty of big plays. You have to wonder if these guys pay attention to the college game or their customers at all. Madden does a much better job recreating it's league, why is this so hard for NCAA?

Looks like we will need plenty of slider work. I am unimpressed at this point.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:19 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 15

I am surprised nobody has mentioned this about any of the videos. I have seen no penalties at all. I haven't seen one flag. I thought they fixed the penalties. Let me go back and watch the rest of the videos.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:22 AM   #29
MVP

Sorry, I just saw a flag for pass interference.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:13 AM   #30
MVP

RahKhem's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Hey don't forget they were trying to rush on the Buckeyes which is one of the best defensive teams at stopping the rush. Also it was nice to see them attempting to rush time and time again, even if alot of them were stuffed.
Michigan was the user team, OSU was the CPU. OSU couldn't rush for beans.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:15 AM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
This is the first vids vs. CPU I've seen....and we got issues. Ok maybe we don't, I don't want to over analyze ONE video, but two things bug me.

Passing looks exactly like last year. Poor completetion %, High average. At last check the CPU was 6-15-162 2TD's 2INT. That's Deja- VU. ALso the CPU leading rusher only had 6 attemps in the 4th Qtr.

The DB's are INT machines again as well. THe fumbles seem to be a new thing, but that's just one game so I won't worry about that. The passing though.....eeeesh. I'm hopeful, but a little concerned.

I saw the same drops as last year....except for fly patterns. I REALLY hope it doesn't turn into a FLY pattern game.
It's just one game. I really think that the sliders will actually work this year. Zwick is not that good of a quarterback. I think it's all dependent on the QB and his receivers. Matt Leinart won't be going 6/15 all the time. Another thing is this Jistic:They only ran 25 plays. You can't judge stats off of 5 minute quarters. They never had a chance to get the running game going. I'm assuming that the sliders are on default.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2005, 09:25 AM   #32
D*lph*ns m*k* m* cry

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic

I am seeing the same patterns as last year too.I barley saw the cpu throw short routes.Low completion percentage and high average. I know it isn't the final build but I am worried. I will not buy on release day and will wait for the verdict from here. I will not get burned twice. I just started up another dynasty on NCAA 2004 for the ps2 and boy did I miss that game.

The cpu completes passes and throws short routes and will run with the right settings.

I think NCAA 2004 was the high point for the series this generation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »