Home

Gamestop

This is a discussion on Gamestop within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2005, 08:19 PM   #73
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Gamestop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballerzinc
Yea I guess your right I did that last year it just seemed like it was a hastle because the EB I prordered at was farther away than my usual one.
Got ya! I think im going to reserve at EB and Gamestop incase one sells it on monday and one doesnt until tuesday.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:54 PM   #74
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18

Ok first off 8bit if I offended you I apologize. Iwas not trying to come off as an *** but just like real life, my typing tone made me misunderstood. You are in the OS VET LEAGUE so I have much respect for you. Everywhere I have been including amazon.com, ign.com, and gamespot.com all say the 11th of July as well. That is because it will ship to those who order it online on the 11th to be in their hands on the 12th.

The literature I recieved was from EA and not GAMESTOP. I have provided some info from EA that was sent to me.

ODOGG, I never said you did not get it early last year as I got it early too. But this year is different. I also said in the other thread titled "Release Date June 28th" that no date is set in stone but this appears to be as close to stone as you can get. Again I am just like everyone else in wanting it to come out sooner and am still holding onto slim hope.

Everyone sorry for the misunderstanding and I hope the peacefulness can continue as we patiently are forced to wait for this game.

Old 06-13-2005, 09:04 PM   #75
Can U spare a dollar?

GHUGHES's Arena

OVR: 9

[quote=ODogg]It's no different from last year or the year before. The game will ship out July 11th and for the stores who got overnight or their managers go to airport or distro center, they will be selling it July 11th in the pm, around 6 or 7pm. I'm sure some stores won't do so until midnight which is July 12th, ie the "official" date but that just depends on the manager.

The bottom line is we go through this debate every year about early releases, various due dates, etc and it's always the second Tuesday of July and if you preorder you always get it Monday evening. For the last 2 years i've gotten it Monday evening between 5 and 9pm and there have been no fines or EA getting stores into trouble.

I mean I could see if EA said the release date was July 12th and stores selling it July 1st would get in trouble, but does anyone really believe EA is going to go after stores for selling it not a few hours early at 8pm instead of midnight? They never have before so why is this year any different? Simple, it's not!![/QUOTE

Your right i live in Akron OHIO and The guys at gamestop send the managers out at about 10 am and they Drive down to kentucky and and about 8 pm they are back and the game goes on sale
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2005, 09:13 PM   #76
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

That's cool. Thanks for posting it. And I'm sorry if i'm misunderstanding but that confirms the second Tuesday of July which is when it's been released in the past, when I've always gotten it Monday night. Are you saying that this year they are specifically saying no Monday night sales prior to 12:01am?

If so, that is in line with what my Gamestop here in Richmond, VA says as well but EBGames says otherwise. They told me I can pickup my copy at 5:30-6pm Monday night and they have not been told they can't sell it till midnight. Oh well, I guess we'll see..
Old 06-13-2005, 09:35 PM   #77
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
That's cool. Thanks for posting it. And I'm sorry if i'm misunderstanding but that confirms the second Tuesday of July which is when it's been released in the past, when I've always gotten it Monday night. Are you saying that this year they are specifically saying no Monday night sales prior to 12:01am?

If so, that is in line with what my Gamestop here in Richmond, VA says as well but EBGames says otherwise. They told me I can pickup my copy at 5:30-6pm Monday night and they have not been told they can't sell it till midnight. Oh well, I guess we'll see..
Yeah specifically no selling before the actual date reads 12:00 on the 12th.

I know the EB's around here are saying the same thing about getting monday after 5. They might think this like a Rockstar release where it can be sold after 5 local time. And like you have said, at least as long as I can remember, the game has always been the 2nd Tuesday of July. Then those that preordered it from EB and GS often got it on Monday once the representitive from each district got back from either Louisville or airport, or other store where it was delivered. The big difference this year is that its shipping earlier so there will be no going to the airport or whatnot. The game will already be at the different locations.

Like Halo 2 and the PSP movies and other games that have had a hard street date, a hotline number has been setup to report violators. Thats how Best Buy was busted for selling Halo 2 early. Someone mentioned labels like the movies, well Halo 2 had them as did the strat guides so it will be interesting to see if NCAA has them. Most games that we get that are hard dated have those lables or say it in big bold print on the invoices/distros.
Old 06-13-2005, 10:05 PM   #78
No end in sight...

OVR: 20

ive always believed you kodiak!
Old 06-13-2005, 10:21 PM   #79
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiak
Ok first off 8bit if I offended you I apologize. Iwas not trying to come off as an *** but just like real life, my typing tone made me misunderstood. You are in the OS VET LEAGUE so I have much respect for you. Everywhere I have been including amazon.com, ign.com, and gamespot.com all say the 11th of July as well. That is because it will ship to those who order it online on the 11th to be in their hands on the 12th.

The literature I recieved was from EA and not GAMESTOP. I have provided some info from EA that was sent to me.

ODOGG, I never said you did not get it early last year as I got it early too. But this year is different. I also said in the other thread titled "Release Date June 28th" that no date is set in stone but this appears to be as close to stone as you can get. Again I am just like everyone else in wanting it to come out sooner and am still holding onto slim hope.

Everyone sorry for the misunderstanding and I hope the peacefulness can continue as we patiently are forced to wait for this game.

no problem man, sorry for dragging it on like that. I normally dont drag things out like that im just in a fairly bad mood today. Your post with the photo pretty much confirms what you have been saying before. I bet it will be annoying as **** as a gamestop employee like yourself to have to recieve those copies on june 28th and watch them sit there for 2 weeks. If i were you i would be soooo tempted just to grab a copy and run home.
Old 06-13-2005, 10:41 PM   #80
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

Thats why I am taking a mini vacation for a few days. Just so I dont have to see it staring at me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »