Home

hdtv?

This is a discussion on hdtv? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2005, 07:20 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: hdtv?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
are you the guy who got the 34" sony HDTV CRT behemoth that weighs 234 pounds? i was over checking it out at lunch man and i'm tempted but i've gotta move in a couple months and wow, can't even imagine how tough it would be to move that puppy..
Good grief. I have had a 36" Sony HD XBR (I think it weights 285) since my first sophomore year in college. Having finished school and moved probably 6 times since I bought it, I can say that it does seem to become easier each time it is moved. However, I am sure dealing with herpes becomes easier over time but thats not something I would recommend either. Just make sure you have a strong brother/friend (perhaps both) and make sure you arent moving it up two or three flights of stairs in the middle of summer. Just a follow-up here but I wish everyday I had waited just a year or two to purchase it. I went three years before I ever saw a HD broadcast on it, and now 4 years after I bought it, I still only have access to 6 or 7 HD channels. The moral of the story is to not be the first to have new technology, because in two years you could buy twice the tv for the same expense as you had previously paid.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2005, 07:59 PM   #26
MVP

hogfan's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcculac
Just a follow-up here but I wish everyday I had waited just a year or two to purchase it. I went three years before I ever saw a HD broadcast on it, and now 4 years after I bought it, I still only have access to 6 or 7 HD channels. The moral of the story is to not be the first to have new technology, because in two years you could buy twice the tv for the same expense as you had previously paid.
I hope people on this board will heed your advice. I am looking forward to buying an HDTV, but won't until they clear up all the problems(lack of HD programming, standard definition signal that looks poor on an HD TV, etc).

I plan on waiting at least 1 more year.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:20 PM   #27
Pro

Dino's Arena

OVR: 6

FYI guys, The NCAA franchise has supported the WIDESCREEN option for their game since NCAA 2004. It's under Video options. 16x9.

Now, 480p has only been in the game since last years version.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:02 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2

mcculac...i have the same problem you do. i bought a 60" sony xbr lcd hdtv widescreen last year. i have directv and i think they offer about 7 channels in hd. the only one worth a crap is espnhd, which by the way is unbeleivable to watch any kind of game on. i wish i could get ahold of espn2hd. but no one offers it. i must say i have a ps2 and i bought component cables for it for about $69 and the gaming picture is 10x more crisp than standard rca's. i actually tried this out the other day because i never actually compared the differences.

dino...you are correct about the option in ncaa football. they have had it for the past 2 years and its under camera options. i dont see any need to change the option on your system, because if the game doesnt support widescreen, it will make no difference at all.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:28 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

for you guys who have the widescreen does it still work when you play online?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »