Home

The recruiting "pipeline".....

This is a discussion on The recruiting "pipeline"..... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2005, 06:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
The recruiting "pipeline".....

I am glad EA sports is trying to bring in this pipeline feature. They tried last year, and it was nothing more than a stat showing the user the number of players from that particular state. However, it would be a really nice addition if the user could actually get a true pipeline going from one state to another. And from the articles i have read, this feature seems to be enhanced.

Also, another idea about making this feature better. Once the user gets a pipeline established in a certain state, EA should make the total number of recruiting points less. For example, whereas it would normally take 60 recruiting points for the user to recruit an out of state player, make the total 30 recruiting points. This would allow the user to see the pipeline system working and would also free up more points to go after other players. Ofcourse, this feature would really have to be toned down and should not be easy to accomplish. It is a feature that should be achieved through numerous year of recruiting success in a certain state.

My last thing, i hope EA fixed the schedule problem. I hated finishing my conference season only to see that i have to play the university of bbq technology on week 15.....i hope that is out the game.

Go State
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2005, 06:52 PM   #2
T*mpl* *wls

ballerzinc's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: The recruiting "pipeline".....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjb5623
I am glad EA sports is trying to bring in this pipeline feature. They tried last year, and it was nothing more than a stat showing the user the number of players from that particular state. However, it would be a really nice addition if the user could actually get a true pipeline going from one state to another. And from the articles i have read, this feature seems to be enhanced.

Also, another idea about making this feature better. Once the user gets a pipeline established in a certain state, EA should make the total number of recruiting points less. For example, whereas it would normally take 60 recruiting points for the user to recruit an out of state player, make the total 30 recruiting points. This would allow the user to see the pipeline system working and would also free up more points to go after other players. Ofcourse, this feature would really have to be toned down and should not be easy to accomplish. It is a feature that should be achieved through numerous year of recruiting success in a certain state.

My last thing, i hope EA fixed the schedule problem. I hated finishing my conference season only to see that i have to play the university of bbq technology on week 15.....i hope that is out the game.

Go State

You can change your schedule before a season. Just not your conference schedule.

Old 06-19-2005, 07:07 PM   #3
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

OVR: 6

Great idea regarding "discount" recruiting in established pipelines. But...are you serious about the schedule? The "Schedule" option and the "Redshirting" option are in the same drop-down box in the preseason menu. Have you seriously never been in that screen...?
Old 06-19-2005, 07:57 PM   #4
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

recruiting pipeline works well now, the producers said so, and schedule thing has always been around.

Member of the Official OS Bills Backers Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Hell, I shot my grandmother, cuz she was old.
Old 06-19-2005, 10:20 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthgradetyrant
Great idea regarding "discount" recruiting in established pipelines. But...are you serious about the schedule? The "Schedule" option and the "Redshirting" option are in the same drop-down box in the preseason menu. Have you seriously never been in that screen...?
He might be referring to the problem in 2005. In 2005, it wouldn't let you drop games in which the computer would go under 11 games. This sucked because if they scheduled a game in week 15, you were pretty much stuck with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2005, 10:22 PM   #6
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

you just had to work around it until you found a new opponent, always worked fine for me.

Member of the Official OS Bills Backers Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Hell, I shot my grandmother, cuz she was old.
Old 06-19-2005, 10:26 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
He might be referring to the problem in 2005. In 2005, it wouldn't let you drop games in which the computer would go under 11 games. This sucked because if they scheduled a game in week 15, you were pretty much stuck with it.
100% correct.
Old 06-19-2005, 11:53 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

I was talking about the problem in 2005, and 2005 only. It stinks to play your rivalry game, such as the egg bowl in week 14, and then turn and have to play some no name in week 15.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »