Home

Masterbit Theater 2: Oklahoma vs. Texas

This is a discussion on Masterbit Theater 2: Oklahoma vs. Texas within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2005, 01:35 PM   #17
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Masterbit Theater 2: Oklahoma vs. Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxChamp
Turn down your human awareness slider to 5, and let the computer control your defenders.
That's exactly how I play. Don't remember what HUM awareness was on... but I only control one player on D. Basically, play your assignment and trust your CPU controlled teammates. Very fun to play D this way.
Old 06-22-2005, 05:12 PM   #18
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
...but I only control one player on D. Basically, play your assignment and trust your CPU controlled teammates. Very fun to play D this way.
Really? I can't imagine that being much fun. You miss so much of the action. If you play DB, you won't make it to many of the run plays. And if you play LB or DL you won't be there to defend many passes. The way some of the DBs stand & watch the WRs catch the ball, I'd break a joystick before half time.

I like being in the middle of the action. I start out as a DL and rush if it's a pass, then switch to the closest defender after the ball is thrown. On run plays I also switch to the nearest defender. I can't imagine being the same player for the entire play(unlees I happen to be in the right spot to begin with) much less an entire game.
Old 06-22-2005, 05:20 PM   #19
T*mpl* *wls

ballerzinc's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Really? I can't imagine that being much fun. You miss so much of the action. If you play DB, you won't make it to many of the run plays. And if you play LB or DL you won't be there to defend many passes. The way some of the DBs stand & watch the WRs catch the ball, I'd break a joystick before half time.

I like being in the middle of the action. I start out as a DL and rush if it's a pass, then switch to the closest defender after the ball is thrown. On run plays I also switch to the nearest defender. I can't imagine being the same player for the entire play(unlees I happen to be in the right spot to begin with) much less an entire game.
I'm with you the only way I'm only one player is in FPF in ESPN NFL 2k5.

Old 06-22-2005, 06:19 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
I start out as a DL and rush if it's a pass, then switch to the closest defender after the ball is thrown. On run plays I also switch to the nearest defender. I can't imagine being the same player for the entire play(unlees I happen to be in the right spot to begin with) much less an entire game.
This is also exactly how I play defense myself..
Old 06-22-2005, 06:50 PM   #21
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

Everybody has their own style of play. Some people like coach mode, some people manual catch, some people let the CPU catch, some people play as one player on "D." I started playing this way years ago (Bill Walsh) to make the game more challenging. I've grown used to this style. I don't mind the CPU making a mistake here and there. To me, it's all a part of the game. Eventhough I play as one player, I still end up being (the leader) or one of the top in tackles every year... so I'm still in on alot of plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2005, 07:34 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

nxt, some people do have their own style of play but...well to be blunt, everyone should play the way I do because it's the right way.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:14 PM   #23
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
Everybody has their own style of play. Some people like coach mode, some people manual catch, some people let the CPU catch, some people play as one player on "D." I started playing this way years ago (Bill Walsh) to make the game more challenging. I've grown used to this style. I don't mind the CPU making a mistake here and there. To me, it's all a part of the game. Eventhough I play as one player, I still end up being (the leader) or one of the top in tackles every year... so I'm still in on alot of plays.
Of course everyone has there own style. I've played against people that do it your way. I actually didn't like that the CPU was making plays for them. I felt like I was playing against the CPU. But trust me, I'm not knocking your style. It actually makes the game play more realisticly from my experience. The CPU screws up sometime, but it doesn't do some of the crazy things human players do.

It's funny how differently we all think. To me, it seems more challenging to make the plays yourself.

What position to you play by the way? I'm guessing LB or safety since you're able to get in on so many plays. Or do you switch it up depending on the team?
Old 06-22-2005, 08:56 PM   #24
GSW
Simnation

GSW's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
nxt, some people do have their own style of play but...well to be blunt, everyone should play the way I do because it's the right way.
LOL classic

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »