Home

Retired ESPNer buys NCAA 2005....

This is a discussion on Retired ESPNer buys NCAA 2005.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2005, 09:58 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
Retired ESPNer buys NCAA 2005....

I had last played the series in 2004, was happy with it but it started collecting dust once the ESPN Pro game came out. Starting to jones for some football videogaming, I go to the local gamestore and pick up a copy of NCAA 2005 for $11.99. To my pleasant surprise, I actually enjoy the game. The key? Forgetting everything about the ESPN series. By that I mean instead of worrying about how I wish the players models looked like the ESPN series, I'm accepting the fact they don't and moving on...

I've noticed a lot of griping about the NCAA 2005 version in various threads. Things like slowdown, dropped passes, etc. Have I seen slowdown? Yes. Have I seen dropped passes? Yes. Yet, I am still enjoying the game. I think the key may be that I play a realistic style. I am not a fan of playing the CPU but I am enjoying myself. The litmus test is going to be when 2006 comes out and I try to play you guys online. Hopefully I can find some gamers that like to play a realistic style as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2005, 09:59 AM   #2
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Retired ESPNer buys NCAA 2005....

trust me if you find 2005 playable you are going to fall in love with 2006. It is everything 2005 was supposed to be.

Member of the Official OS Bills Backers Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Hell, I shot my grandmother, cuz she was old.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:05 AM   #3
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar
trust me if you find 2005 playable you are going to fall in love with 2006. It is everything 2005 was supposed to be.

Hopefully...
Old 06-22-2005, 10:13 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar
I'm not hard to please. Just give me a realistic style of play, eliminate, or at least minimize the "cheese" factor (20 yard dropbacks, miracle fly route pass receptions, etc), and I'll be a happy gamer.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:16 AM   #5
No end in sight...

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by njskillz
I'm not hard to please. Just give me a realistic style of play, eliminate, or at least minimize the "cheese" factor (20 yard dropbacks, miracle fly route pass receptions, etc), and I'll be a happy gamer.
if you wanna play some straight gamers, (haha, that sounded funny) then go to our league thread in the online ncaa forum, and you can grab some gamertags from there
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2005, 11:00 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagger55
if you wanna play some straight gamers, (haha, that sounded funny) then go to our league thread in the online ncaa forum, and you can grab some gamertags from there
Will do. Hopefully you straight up gamers will allow me into the 'Circle of Trust"...
Old 06-22-2005, 12:33 PM   #7
Please don't go.

cooldude's Arena

OVR: 15
Location: One of The World's Leaders in Crude Oil: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthgradetyrant
Hopefully...
It definately looks better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »