Home

OPM gives NCAA Football 2006 4/5.. Criticizes inside blocking..

This is a discussion on OPM gives NCAA Football 2006 4/5.. Criticizes inside blocking.. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 03:08 PM   #57
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: OPM gives NCAA Football 2006 4/5.. Criticizes inside blocking..

Everyone knows the saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." For most people, the key to a great game is gameplay. What seems to be the stance for many of us is that the foundation for a great game is there (in NCAA series) because of the great gameplay. Therefore, there is no way any company would overhaul and/or change a game (too much) that sells so well to the masses.

Having said that, I believe two things can be equally true: one can buy the game, play it and love it... AND one can still feel that EA could have done much more. That's why each year there are WISHLISTs for the next version. Since I know EA isn't going to overhaul the graphics, I feel adding a ton of new gameplay animations (i.e. dive over pile animation, etc.) could make the game feel fresh.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:13 PM   #58
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeze
hmm actually the article was about how the new "improvements" weren't really improvements....i think that pretty much goes hand in hand with what Iag is talking about. the only reason you are so mad is because someone is criticizing your precious ea sports.
ENOUGH...stop trying to start a flame war; it's against the TOS. Jimplication is mature enough to realize that it's pointless arguing over this crap. You have two options; grow up or get the **** off these boards.

I (or any other mod)will not tolerate this crap.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:15 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeze
hmm actually the article was about how the new "improvements" weren't really improvements....i think that pretty much goes hand in hand with what Iag is talking about. the only reason you are so mad is because someone is criticizing your precious ea sports.
How aren't the improvements really improvements? In-season recruiting is a pretty big deal to me, and the ability to control a player and have him try and get the Heisman could be exciting for those that don't want to play through a lengthy dynasty mode.

What do you want from EA? The PS2/Xbox are on their last legs.. Why would EA invest the amount of time to overhaul the graphics and animation engine for a game that is likely seeing its last days on the said console? It seems to me they are focusing on the right things, given that the series is not in a position to receive dramatic changes at this point in its lifecycle.

And where does the article say the "improvements" aren't really improvements? Aside from the Chase for the Heisman mode, which I doubt people are buying the game for anyway, it seems to me that the game has been improved in many areas.. Including in season recruiting, improved downfield blocking, impact-players, and improved gameplay over year's past.

I am thinking the lower rating is a result of the game being less groundbreaking than years past, but still a game that plays a solid game of football, moreso than 2005 and years previously.

2005 added quite a few things, including varying player ratings, as well as academic punishment and I think magazines tend to praise that sort of thing, thus possibly warranting a .5 higher score than this year's version.

I see 2006 as being a game that receives average reviews from reviewers that play it for 5 minutes and write a review, whereas those that play it for a long time and go deeper into the dynasty mode with rate it above past releases, because in-season recruiting and the impact players have the potential to make it the best long-term college football game to date.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:15 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimplication
I'm done with this discussion, because it's ultimately going nowhere, except towards getting the thread locked, but I just wanted to note that I think it's comical to have you telling me I have "a lot of growing up to do."

You both were the ones that came in here and decide to make it your personal mission to talk about how the game fails to improve from year to year, instead of responding to the review itself. And ultimately, we are left with 3-4 pages of garbage, which I have unfortunately taken a role in creating.
I wish the mods could just come in here and deleting all of the posts that are off topic. If you want to bash the game, make your own thread about it!!! Sheesh.

The inside blocking isn't that bad. It's just his opinion and I really don't have a problem with it. I'm surprised that they didn't say anything about the passing game.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:21 PM   #61
Rookie

Freeze's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek
ENOUGH...stop trying to start a flame war; it's against the TOS. Jimplication is mature enough to realize that it's pointless arguing over this crap. You have two options; grow up or get the **** off these boards.

I (or any other mod)will not tolerate this crap.
nah...I will defend myself and others against personal attacks. the kid had a valid argument. sorry if you don't agree.

now if you go back and read this all started with Iag, myself, and the original author of the article not being in love with everything that ea did on this game. ...discussion of the game is exactly what that was. is that not what this board is about?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2005, 03:22 PM   #62
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

If the score was a 5/5 yall would be screaming classic, this will be the best game ever...A 4/5 is about right for a game that has not changed much since the very 1st installment. Like I said once the initial hype wheres off, thats when the true review comes...We'll see we've been playing the same game with minor fixes and new features...

Get mad if you want...But I know what to expect..
Old 06-27-2005, 03:25 PM   #63
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
If the score was a 5/5 yall would be screaming classic, this will be the best game ever...A 4/5 is about right for a game that has not changed much since the very 1st installment. Like I said once the initial hype wheres off, thats when the true review comes...We'll see we've been playing the same game with minor fixes and new features...

Get mad if you want...But I know what to expect..
You know what? You are exactly right. Best post all day. No one would be whining if the score was 5/5. There would be no flamewars. I do remember you saying that once the hype wares off then that's when the true review comes. Everybody was so excited about the game. Now that the review wasn't a perfect score, most everyone is angry. We haven't even played the game for ourselves. Once that happens then we can all whine like babies.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:28 PM   #64
Rookie

worldb's Arena

OVR: 2

I cannot believe I went thru 7 (count 'em) 7 pages of this flaming garbage actually looking for something worth reading about the game, the review, etc.

My conclusion? I really need to get a life.

MR
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »