Home

Some UVA Player Ratings

This is a discussion on Some UVA Player Ratings within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2005, 03:08 AM   #17
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Some UVA Player Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by iag04ho
of course not...but if u make the field goal to take the lead with 0:00 left on the clock...then that field goal won the game...basic logic no?...lol...not gunna argue though...u said u coach and played...i also played...havent coached yet...but i def. see where u r coming from
As I said those may cap the game, or put the game winning points up, but they didn't win the game. The 3rd and 13 play you converted to get in to field goal range, could or would be just as important as the field goal. The stop you made on your opponent on 3rd and 3 to get the ball back, would have been just as important as making a field goal.

Games are never won or lost on a single play. Just like the PI call in the VT game. If the play had been called differently, who knows what would have followed, which is why I never buy, well we would have won, if X hadn't happened.
Old 07-01-2005, 03:12 AM   #18
Rookie

iag04ho's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
As I said those may cap the game, or put the game winning points up, but they didn't win the game. The 3rd and 13 play you converted to get in to field goal range, could or would be just as important as the field goal. The stop you made on your opponent on 3rd and 3 to get the ball back, would have been just as important as making a field goal.

Games are never won or lost on a single play. Just like the PI call in the VT game. If the play had been called differently, who knows what would have followed, which is why I never buy, well we would have won, if X hadn't happened.
hah...u sound like my HS football coach man...but i gotta say i agree
Old 07-01-2005, 03:14 AM   #19
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iag04ho
hah...u sound like my HS football coach man...but i gotta say i agree
Football is a funny game, thats for sure.
Old 07-01-2005, 03:18 AM   #20
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
For my fellow Wahoos, and courtesy of the MaddenNation message board:

Tony Franklin CB#23 87 OVR 92 SPD
Marcus Hamilton CB#3 80 OVR 88 SPD

I'm not one to complain about ratings, so I won't.
i guess in ea's parallel universe, tony franklin is better than marcus hamilton.
Old 07-01-2005, 04:38 AM   #21
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

he's a much better tackler. As a pass defender well obviously he's not. He should have switched to safety, but I think UVA is now teaching the look for the ball technique for DB's rather than break up the pass after they throw it to the WR. It may help Tony this year. This thread makes me laugh Hokies trying to look for validation on a national level they never will get. At least at UVA we know while we may be a national name we're not a national power... The sooner VT realizes that the easier it will be on their fans.

Member of the Official OS Bills Backers Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Hell, I shot my grandmother, cuz she was old.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2005, 05:16 AM   #22
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Those don't win games. They make cap the win or provide winning points, or halt a drive.

But in games where there's 115 to 130 snaps, no single play wins games.

Man that is so true. Game ending plays though they are important parts of the game they dont actually win or loss games. All the plays before taht are equally a part of the result as that ending play.

Example: LSU vs Iowa LSU plays the way they did in the second half in the first half it doesnt come down to 1 play. Though they won the game on that play the result of what happened before that play were equally as important.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:55 AM   #23
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtiggalsu
Man that is so true. Game ending plays though they are important parts of the game they dont actually win or loss games. All the plays before taht are equally a part of the result as that ending play.

Example: LSU vs Iowa LSU plays the way they did in the second half in the first half it doesnt come down to 1 play. Though they won the game on that play the result of what happened before that play were equally as important.
Exactly. All though considering you played the game not surprising.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »