Home

Having fun with NCAA 05 up to the last few days

This is a discussion on Having fun with NCAA 05 up to the last few days within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2005, 01:43 AM   #1
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18
Having fun with NCAA 05 up to the last few days

I hated 05 for the first 11 months that it was out. Now that 06 is on its way, I figured I'd throw in 05 and see what I could do. Now I'm loving it!

I'm running flex-bone with Virginia... the combination of Lundy and Pearman with Hagans at QB and Snelling as a bruising fullback provides a GREAT triple option attack.

I just got done playing USC in what might be one of the most exciting endings I've ever had in a game...

For the first half we mirrored drives with USC field goal, then a UVA field goal, then a USC touchdown followed by a UVA touchdown, then a few stopped drives. The half ended 10-10.

It wasn't until the 4th quarter that anyone would score again and it was a UVA field goal. After stopping USC, I tried to drive down and seel the game. I was stopped and settled for another 3 points. The score is now 16-10. USC takes the ball with under 2 minutes to play.

It only took a few plays before they broke a big one on third and long. A pass over the top to LenDale White and I played too aggressively going for the pick. White took off for the endzone, leaving me with just over a minute to play.

I got the ball around the 25 yd line to start with all 3 time outs. I knew I would struggle passing and that my best bet was to try to get a long option game. I churned my way with near disaster options that could have left me with a five yard loss.

I got to the USC 40 yd. line with 13 seconds to play and one time out. I contemplated running another option, but I knew I'd be in serious trouble if I lost more yardage. I tried to throw deep to Heath Miller(STEELERS!!), but he was unable to come up with the reception.

7 seconds remained and I again thought about running option, but decided I'd try a short pass to get into field goal range. I avoided the pass rush and completed the pass to move the ball around the 28 with 2 seconds left and called my final timeout.

I lined up for the field goal with my kicker of 90 power. I knew I needed to get good power to have a chance for this 45 yard kick.

I got the power meter going and did my best to salvage all my power. However, I left much to be desired, but it might still be enough.

The ball left the field goal tee in the perfect direction. At first glance I thought it had no chance and would land harmlessly in the endzone. Then, I noticed it rising a bit. The ball appeared as though it may just clear the horizontal yellow bar after all.

DOINK!!! The ball slammed the cross bar and fell to the turn... NO GOOD!

SO CLOSE!! I was INCHES away from pulling that one off. I fell off my bean bag chair in agony and I watched my quarterback hang his head in defeat.

Good game, USC. Good Game. But I'll be back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2005, 01:46 AM   #2
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Having fun with NCAA 05 up to the last few days

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno
I hated 05 for the first 11 months that it was out. Now that 06 is on its way, I figured I'd throw in 05 and see what I could do. Now I'm loving it!

I'm running flex-bone with Virginia... the combination of Lundy and Pearman with Hagans at QB and Snelling as a bruising fullback provides a GREAT triple option attack.

I just got done playing USC in what might be one of the most exciting endings I've ever had in a game...

For the first half we mirrored drives with USC field goal, then a UVA field goal, then a USC touchdown followed by a UVA touchdown, then a few stopped drives. The half ended 10-10.

It wasn't until the 4th quarter that anyone would score again and it was a UVA field goal. After stopping USC, I tried to drive down and seel the game. I was stopped and settled for another 3 points. The score is now 16-10. USC takes the ball with under 2 minutes to play.

It only took a few plays before they broke a big one on third and long. A pass over the top to LenDale White and I played too aggressively going for the pick. White took off for the endzone, leaving me with just over a minute to play.

I got the ball around the 25 yd line to start with all 3 time outs. I knew I would struggle passing and that my best bet was to try to get a long option game. I churned my way with near disaster options that could have left me with a five yard loss.

I got to the USC 40 yd. line with 13 seconds to play and one time out. I contemplated running another option, but I knew I'd be in serious trouble if I lost more yardage. I tried to throw deep to Heath Miller(STEELERS!!), but he was unable to come up with the reception.

7 seconds remained and I again thought about running option, but decided I'd try a short pass to get into field goal range. I avoided the pass rush and completed the pass to move the ball around the 28 with 2 seconds left and called my final timeout.

I lined up for the field goal with my kicker of 90 power. I knew I needed to get good power to have a chance for this 45 yard kick.

I got the power meter going and did my best to salvage all my power. However, I left much to be desired, but it might still be enough.

The ball left the field goal tee in the perfect direction. At first glance I thought it had no chance and would land harmlessly in the endzone. Then, I noticed it rising a bit. The ball appeared as though it may just clear the horizontal yellow bar after all.

DOINK!!! The ball slammed the cross bar and fell to the turn... NO GOOD!

SO CLOSE!! I was INCHES away from pulling that one off. I fell off my bean bag chair in agony and I watched my quarterback hang his head in defeat.

Good game, USC. Good Game. But I'll be back.
Woot USC.

Great recap btw.
Old 07-02-2005, 04:45 AM   #3
Rookie

Xensai's Arena

OVR: 1

lol you should write recaps on every game you ever play, you really get into them lol.
Old 07-02-2005, 05:09 AM   #4
Im The Baby/Gotta Love Me

elicoleman's Arena

OVR: 31

Ah man, so damn close. If I was at the 40 with 13 seconds left, I'm atleast taking 2 shots for the end zone, but thats just my crazy self. I don't trust my field goal kicking whatsoever.

Now I really want 06!
What I'm Currently Listening To
Old 07-02-2005, 09:08 AM   #5
Banned

OHguy00's Arena

OVR: 17

I'm having a really tough time getting into this game. The fun factor just isn't there like it was with previous versions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2005, 09:38 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

I feel the same way. I put in 05 just for the fun of it and got hooked in again. I was UNC for some ungodly reason and got trounced in my first two seasons and was fired.

Took over at Illinois and went buck wild! I landed the #1 QB, #1 WR and #1G/T for 3 years in a row and our offense was bananas! (B.A.N.A.N.A.S!) I had no defense, so the scoring was always in the 30-40 range for both teams when we played, but I ended up getting the National Championship in 2011.

I simmed all of my games because I didn't feel like playing, but I had to play Ohio State in the National Championship Game in 2011. I won 38-10 in just beautiful dominance.

Can't wait for the 12th.

The Prince of the 910 has taken his throne...
Old 07-02-2005, 02:40 PM   #7
Rookie

JohnTesh's Arena

OVR: 6

Ha, I hated this game and never really played it at all since it was terrible compared to 03 and 04. I put it in the last few days and have played it on and off, but I still really don't like it. I wasn't even planning on getting 06, but I got caught up in the hype the last few days.
Old 07-02-2005, 02:48 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Nah...I didn't really like this one compared to 04 that much either...but I love the addition of ATH's in recruiting. I recruited this 3-star ATH and he was a monster at DE ... (94 OVR!) I thought I would move a bowel right there.

...I didn't though.

The Prince of the 910 has taken his throne...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »