Home

NCAA Gamer looking to upgrade to Plasma.....

This is a discussion on NCAA Gamer looking to upgrade to Plasma..... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2005, 03:22 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: NCAA Gamer looking to upgrade to Plasma.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolbubbaice
Actually, the Sony XBR960 is cnets reference HDTV, & whiling reviewing your Samsung model (the 32inch version) said,

"The Spider-Man 2 DVD looked good on the Samsung, with plenty of detail and little visible noise. However, the set's color decoding errors quickly became apparent when we compared Peter Parker's face on the Samsung to his face on our reference Sony KD-34XBR960, a direct-view tube TV. On the Samsung, his skin appeared too flush and tan as he faced down his pizza delivery boss, while on the Sony, his skin tone appeared more natural."

The 960 still gives the best PQ out of any HDTV..
im talking about the 23 inch model. With lcds, i have noticed that anything bigger than 26 has worse picture. The smaller ones produced the better picture.
Old 07-03-2005, 03:24 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8bit
im talking about the 23 inch model. With lcds, i have noticed that anything bigger than 26 has worse picture. The smaller ones produced the better picture.
I said its the same model.. Different screen size.. They come in 23, 26, & 32.. All the same model.. If the bigger ones looked worse it was the feed or the lack of calibration..& With HD signals bigger is better..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Old 07-03-2005, 03:34 PM   #19
Banned

Quote:
I said its the same model.. Different screen size.. They come in 23, 26, & 32.. All the same model.. If the bigger ones looked worse it was the feed or the lack of calibration..& With HD signals bigger is better..

i dunno man, maybe it was just me then. I dunno about bigger being better cuz playing video games on the rear projection 46inch tv in my room and gaming on this 23 inch tv is like night and day.
Old 07-03-2005, 03:38 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
i dunno man, maybe it was just me then. I dunno about bigger being better cuz playing video games on the rear projection 46inch tv in my room and gaming on this 23 inch tv is like night and day.
Sorry.. Meant HD Broadcast.. & next gen playing games on your 46inch won't be a problem if its a HDTV..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
Old 07-03-2005, 03:44 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Sorry.. Meant HD Broadcast.. & next gen playing games on your 46inch won't be a problem if its a HDTV..
Games looks blown up, less vibrant and more jaggies on my 46inch tv which led me to get the super sleek super sharp 23 inch lcd. The big tv supported 480p and 1080i. The smaller one supports native 720p(xbox 360 delight) 480p and 1080i. I have a question though, i had monster component cables for my big *** tv and the colors were more vibrant but i noticed the jaggies more. The cables were broken(think my my maids) and now im off to get some new ones for the little tv. Do you feel they make that much of a difference?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2005, 03:55 PM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Games looks blown up, less vibrant and more jaggies on my 46inch tv which led me to get the super sleek super sharp 23 inch lcd. The big tv supported 480p and 1080i. The smaller one supports native 720p(xbox 360 delight) 480p and 1080i. I have a question though, i had monster component cables for my big *** tv and the colors were more vibrant but i noticed the jaggies more. The cables were broken(think my my maids) and now im off to get some new ones for the little tv. Do you feel they make that much of a difference?
I notice about a 10%-15% increase in PQ compared to the Microsoft component cables.. Colors seem more vibrant, darker blacks.. But most ppl don't think its worth the extra 40.00.. You have a maids??

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
Old 07-03-2005, 04:07 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

do you also have a doorman?

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-03-2005, 05:14 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
do you also have a doorman?
A doorman, a butler, and a little monkey that lets me pick him up, hahahhah. In all seriousness the maids come once every other week to help cleanup our house. Is having a maid that much out of the ordinary(not a rhetorical question, i seruiously have no idea if its notmal or not)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »