Home

NCAA Gamer looking to upgrade to Plasma.....

This is a discussion on NCAA Gamer looking to upgrade to Plasma..... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2005, 05:17 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: NCAA Gamer looking to upgrade to Plasma.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8bit
A doorman, a butler, and a little monkey that lets me pick him up, hahahhah. In all seriousness the maids come once every other week to help cleanup our house. Is having a maid that much out of the ordinary(not a rhetorical question, i seruiously have no idea if its notmal or not)
I never had that.. Are they cute?

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2005, 05:18 PM   #26
Rookie

gobucks123789's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
A doorman, a butler, and a little monkey that lets me pick him up, hahahhah. In all seriousness the maids come once every other week to help cleanup our house. Is having a maid that much out of the ordinary(not a rhetorical question, i seruiously have no idea if its notmal or not)

thats what i keep telling my dad, he is always on me on how i never help clean up our house, and he's like what are you gonna do when you have a house of your own and i'm like "i'll have maid"!
Old 07-03-2005, 05:23 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolbubbaice
I never had that.. Are they cute?
hahahha they're overweight mexican ladies with forearms that could squeeze juice out of a coconut in one closing of the fist.
Old 07-03-2005, 05:30 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
My wife and I just had our first child...We are planning on hiring a maid to come in and help once every week or two once my wife goes back to work.
Old 07-03-2005, 05:41 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Yeah it's not that out of the ordinary. Now a live-in-maid that is out of the ordinary. When I had 2 roommates I got tired of putting up with their sloppiness and for the sake of saving arguement we all chipped in. She came oncea week for $50 and cleaned for about 3 hours, it was a huge help. I don't need one now though living by myself I can clean up after myself since I ain't got no danged sloppy lazy roommates.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-03-2005, 06:17 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
i dunno man, maybe it was just me then. I dunno about bigger being better cuz playing video games on the rear projection 46inch tv in my room and gaming on this 23 inch tv is like night and day.
Really depends on the technology behind the TV. A basic 46" rear projection set is going to show jaggies and be somewhat grainy compared to a Plasma/LCD/DLP of any size.

I don't see any jaggies/grainy effect on my 46" DLP. However, a buddy of mine has a basic rear projection set (I think it's 50") and games look terrible on it (so does digital cable). It's very grainy and the colors aren't nearly as vibrant.
Old 07-03-2005, 07:20 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeboo
Really depends on the technology behind the TV. A basic 46" rear projection set is going to show jaggies and be somewhat grainy compared to a Plasma/LCD/DLP of any size.

I don't see any jaggies/grainy effect on my 46" DLP. However, a buddy of mine has a basic rear projection set (I think it's 50") and games look terrible on it (so does digital cable). It's very grainy and the colors aren't nearly as vibrant.
Yeah, dlps are a much better technology than rear projection. My old tv was a rear projection panasonic(the same one as the guy who has ncaa who posted a pic of it in the ncaa impressions) and my new one is an lcd.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2005, 07:49 PM   #32
Rookie

shanemaddox's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickEm
Should I get 42" Plasma or 32" LCD? I was told I have to worry about burn in on the Plasma if a game a lot.

I am looking at the new Samsungs.....
Here are the things you want in a TV...especially for gaming.

720P (heard most generation games will be in this format) I bought a 23' LCD for the bedroom and moved the Xbox back there just to see MVP Baseball 2005 on it and it looked amazing (MVP was in 720P)

1080i (pretty much a high def standard)

Inputs (very important)
HDMI needs to be there because that is what everything will be switching to (also, PS3 has 2 HDMI outputs)
RGB (heard it through the grapevine that the Xbox 360 will have an RGB cable made for it to hook it to computer monitors)
Component Video (still great, it is a digital to analog conversion) I have my current Xbox hooked in with these and it looks awesome
possible DVI (some have HDMI to DVI cables if you need them)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »