Home

Is Florida International's fight song in the game ?

This is a discussion on Is Florida International's fight song in the game ? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2005, 12:41 AM   #9
Banned

Kentucky3D's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Is Florida International's fight song in the game ?

FIU is probably the most overated team in the game. Most College Football Magazines rate them as the worst team in D1-A football, yet they are like a B- Overall. Also they always get top 35 recruiting classes in dynasty mode (they are usually the 2nd best non-BCS school in recruiting, behind either Toledo or Bowling Green).
Old 07-05-2005, 01:17 AM   #10
MVP

LetsGo0akland's Arena

OVR: 13

To find out, go to Create School and see if the FIU's fight song is an option. Compare that to the real fight song (you could probably download it. I know a lot guys in HS that downloaded their school's fight song). That's the quickest way to find out rather than just listening for it.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:07 AM   #11
Rookie

MaXx's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADW
Speaking of FIU, I noticed that their playbook is mostly singleback sets. Is this how they play in real life? I don't think I've seen them play before.

Florida International

Ace-Normal
Ace-Twins
Ace-Big TE WR
Ace-Slot
Ace-Trips
Ace-Y-Trips
Ace-Spread
Ace-4WR Trips
Strong-Tight
Yeah we use a lot of single set backs and mix up the number of receivers and tight ends, every once in a while we do throw in a fullback there but it's not an integral part of our offense. This year we will be using the shotgun more though which isn't shown in the game.

Quote:
FIU is probably the most overated team in the game. Most College Football Magazines rate them as the worst team in D1-A football, yet they are like a B- Overall. Also they always get top 35 recruiting classes in dynasty mode (they are usually the 2nd best non-BCS school in recruiting, behind either Toledo or Bowling Green).
We have a lot of talent but have yet to put it together to show it on the field, which is probably why the preseason magazines ranked us so low, we are unproven and a young football team, this is going to be only our 4th year of college football. I'm guessing EA rated us highly because we have so many seniors on our team this year and remember that FIU is in a recruiting hotbed down here so that's probably why they are ranked so high recruiting.

Last edited by MaXx; 07-05-2005 at 10:22 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2005, 10:12 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaXx
we are in a recruiting hot bed down here.
EXACTLY. No matter what people say, the best football players come from Florida (specifically South Florida). There are always reasons why great athletes from here can't go to a high profile university (grades, trouble with the law, etc.) and in order to stay close to home they go to schools like FIU/FAU.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:51 AM   #13

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishFly
To find out, go to Create School and see if the FIU's fight song is an option. Compare that to the real fight song (you could probably download it. I know a lot guys in HS that downloaded their school's fight song). That's the quickest way to find out rather than just listening for it.
Yeah, I was actually hoping someone would use this strategy to find out for me.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:53 AM   #14
Rookie

MaXx's Arena

OVR: 2

If anyone wants to volunteer, you can get the mp3 of the fight song at that website that someone posted for all college fight songs. I'm not a big fan of our fight song but oh well.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:16 AM   #15

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Would someone be kind enough to help me out with this ?

If you dont want to have to load up a game to find this info, just go to create-a-school and look at the list of fight songs and that will give me the answer.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2005, 01:24 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'm in the process right now...

Unfortunately not. I listened to the fight song online. I scored 2 touchdowns and got 2 completely different fight songs (both from the "generic" category). The good news, FIU is much better than they were in last year's game, I'm tearing FAU a new one baby.

Last edited by newsguy; 07-06-2005 at 01:52 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »