Home

People with 16:9 HDTV's, prepare to whine...

This is a discussion on People with 16:9 HDTV's, prepare to whine... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2005, 08:04 PM   #57
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: People with 16:9 HDTV's, prepare to whine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsguy
Guys, I want to make it clear that I'm not discouraging you from buying the game. It's an awesome game, and like dagger says, he doesn't even notice it. I may in fact have a faulty copy. In the worst case scenario you could simply return it and explaing that it slows down and try a newer copy. I'm enjoying the game and I'm sure you guys will too.

Newsguy,

Would you mind clarifying a little? What I mean is this thread started with 16:9 ers be prepared to whine (meaning be disappointed) because there is slowdown. Now you're saying it is an awesome game and don't be discouraged in buying it.

With the 2005 version the slowdown in 480p widescreen mode was absolutely a gamekiller for me as I don't have a 4:3 non-hdtv to play xbox games on. So, with that being said, can I take from your posts the slowdown in '06 is not near as bad as '05?
Old 07-06-2005, 08:05 PM   #58
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Dude, there are light years of difference between HD and non-HD.
Oh, I definetely have both options in my house, but I would hardly call the difference "light years". Just my opinion though...

Old 07-06-2005, 08:07 PM   #59
No end in sight...

OVR: 20

alright guys, im currently playing auburn vs asu, and i am specifically looking for slowdown....

there is some slowdown, however i dont believe it is gameplay related. it tends to slowdown just a bit after a tackle animation has been initiated and you are in the middle of the field. when you are actually running, everything is responsive, and i dont feel any slowdown. i would call it slowdown, because that maeks everyone think of NCAA 2005, and this is def not like 2005 where has soon as you handed off, it slowed down.
dont worry guys
Old 07-06-2005, 08:11 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagger55
alright guys, im currently playing auburn vs asu, and i am specifically looking for slowdown....

there is some slowdown, however i dont believe it is gameplay related. it tends to slowdown just a bit after a tackle animation has been initiated and you are in the middle of the field. when you are actually running, everything is responsive, and i dont feel any slowdown. i would call it slowdown, because that maeks everyone think of NCAA 2005, and this is def not like 2005 where has soon as you handed off, it slowed down.
dont worry guys
As long as it doesnt interfere with gameplay, I can deal. Ncaa 2004 had slowdown whenever the bands would play, and i had the best football time of my life with it, so its all good. Is the slowdown a regular thing(after the tackle) or does it just slowdown every once and awhile?
Old 07-06-2005, 08:14 PM   #61
No end in sight...

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8bit
As long as it doesnt interfere with gameplay, I can deal. Ncaa 2004 had slowdown whenever the bands would play, and i had the best football time of my life with it, so its all good. Is the slowdown a regular thing(after the tackle) or does it just slowdown every once and awhile?
i wouldnt say it happens regularly, but it tends to happen when there are alot of guys right around the ball carrier trying to make the tackle. its like the xbox is trying to decide which guys get the tackle animation....

does that make sense?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2005, 08:14 PM   #62
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagger55

dont worry guys

i noticed slowdown in '05 the very first min. i played it.....if you have to look for slowdown then i'm guessing it's not even an issue....i can deal with a little bit since most sports games have some somewhere.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:15 PM   #63
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
Oh, I definetely have both options in my house, but I would hardly call the difference "light years". Just my opinion though...
Then I have to question if you are truly watching Native HD stuff.

Like the NFL in HD compared to SD, there's a gigantic difference. Actually in sport on TV in HD compared to regular def, it's not even close.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:17 PM   #64
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
Watch a Football game in SD then HD.. Then with a straight face tell me the difference isn't 'light years'...... & with next gen games being HD any serious gamer should pick up a HDTV.. Or use your monitor..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »