Home

People with 16:9 HDTV's, prepare to whine...

This is a discussion on People with 16:9 HDTV's, prepare to whine... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2005, 08:24 PM   #65
DickDalewood

OVR:
Re: People with 16:9 HDTV's, prepare to whine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolbubbaice
Watch a Football game in SD then HD.. Then with a straight face tell me the difference isn't 'light years'...... & with next gen games being HD any serious gamer should pick up a HDTV.. Or use your monitor..
For both you and bk, I'm just talking about with my Xbox games, I completely agree as far as television goes, especially football games and what not. As far as being a "serious" football gamer, that has nothing to do with it. I play NCAA every chance I get. Some of us just don't have to money to buy a 1500+ tv...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2005, 08:32 PM   #66
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagger55
i wouldnt say it happens regularly, but it tends to happen when there are alot of guys right around the ball carrier trying to make the tackle. its like the xbox is trying to decide which guys get the tackle animation....

does that make sense?
dagger,

all i want 2 know is it a gamekiller like last year?
Old 07-06-2005, 08:47 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
For both you and bk, I'm just talking about with my Xbox games, I completely agree as far as television goes, especially football games and what not. As far as being a "serious" football gamer, that has nothing to do with it. I play NCAA every chance I get. Some of us just don't have to money to buy a 1500+ tv...
I Said serious gamer.. & you can get a HDTV for under 600.00.. & playing a xbox game in 720p is light yrs better then playing a game in 480i with composite cables..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Old 07-06-2005, 08:50 PM   #68
MVP

jpup's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
I Said serious gamer.. & you can get a HDTV for under 600.00.. & playing a xbox game in 720p is light yrs better then playing a game in 480i with composite cables..
stop or I am going to have to go buy a new TV. I would love to see a side by side comparison using a sports game.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:51 PM   #69
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagger55
i wouldnt say it happens regularly, but it tends to happen when there are alot of guys right around the ball carrier trying to make the tackle. its like the xbox is trying to decide which guys get the tackle animation....

does that make sense?
ook. Then its safe to say its not a widescreen issue, but is just a thing with the game in general. Have you tried playign thew game in non widescreen and did you still notice the very slight tackle slowdown?
Old 07-06-2005, 09:14 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

when the game comes out everywhere you guys will see this thread has gotten way more attention than it should have...but i guess that's because of last year on the xbox..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-06-2005, 09:22 PM   #71
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
I don't either, although I have a sony Wega (not HD) which I set at 16:9 ratio for my games and movies, and it makes them look 100 times better.

Last year with 2005, when I used the widescreen setup, NCAA definetely ran much much slower than in 4:3 (which still had pretty bad slowdown). I don't think it has so much to do with using HD as it does with just the widescreen itself, since like I said before, my TV is not HD.

Anyway, and sorry to the original poster, but I'm really hoping this is just an isolated incident...
OMG, I looked at the options on my 32" CRT Sony Triniton, and there's a goddamn 16:9 option! w00t!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2005, 09:31 PM   #72
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Haha, well, whatever, although I really don't see the point in berating someone for the things they own. The fact of the matter is, I just bought this tv a year ago, and don't have another 600 dollars to spend. It has nothing to do with how serious I am, it's just a fact; I don't have the money. I have car bills to pay, school bills to pay, and living expenses to pay. Telling me I'm not serious about something has nothing to do with it, I'm sorry I don't have money to throw around at will. You really should just watch what you're saying when you have no clue what you're talking about. Some of us who are less fortunate when it comes to those things really don't need people like you telling us we aren't good enough just because we don't have a fat wallet. If that means that the rich percentage of people on this boards are more serious about this stuff, then so be it, us poor, less serious gamers will just have to enjoy what we have...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »