Home

Texas Tech and Big 12 players ratings

This is a discussion on Texas Tech and Big 12 players ratings within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2005, 07:49 PM   #9
Rookie

Morgan's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Texas Tech and Big 12 players ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber
All I know is, after reading several peoples' dynasties, that Tech has been a top five school at the end of the year which blows my mind. They have a VERY soft early schedule with Florida International, Sam Houston State, AND Indiana State ALL at home which should be 3 very easy victories. They then host Kansas which will be a little tougher, but an easy victory none-the-less. At Nebraska which I think is a team that could upset them this season. Then it's K-State home, both Texas and Baylor on the road, A&M at home, Ok State on the road before Oklahoma at home. If nothing else, I think Texas thumps them since it's on the road. Oklahoma probably puts a pretty big hurt on them as well, which is 2 in conference losses and likely would keep them from playing for the Big 12 championship. How the game is letting them win these games is beyong me unless Vince Young is getting hurt on everyone's dynasty. Also, I would think it would be extremely hard for Tech to recruit on the game as you have 5 or 6 D1 schools competeing for the top Texas players.

i dont know if anyone reads espn.com but one writer put his top 10 non-confrence games this year and he put Tech vs Indiana state because he thinks tech will be the first team in almost 100 years to score 100 points in a D1 game
Old 07-06-2005, 08:29 PM   #10
Banned

Kentucky3D's Arena

OVR: 6

I feel bad for Robert Johnson. He should've come to Kentucky where he would've been the starter from day one. Now he isn't even a QB anymore and just a backup WR. What a waste of talent.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:45 PM   #11
Rookie

Morgan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentucky3D
I feel bad for Robert Johnson. He should've come to Kentucky where he would've been the starter from day one. Now he isn't even a QB anymore and just a backup WR. What a waste of talent.
i WHOLE HEARTEDLY agree with you, he should have started for tech last year, now all i can do is dream of what might have been.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2005, 08:47 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentucky3D
He isn't just a backup WR. Odds are he will start and if not will have considerable playing time. Reports out of spring drills say Robert Johnson is happy at WR and is doing an awsome job with great hands and ability to avoid tackles. A lot of positions are still up for battle as far as starter due to injuries during spring drills as well as potential immediate impact players coming in this summer as true freshmen. Cody Fuller got drafted in baseball and we are still waiting to see if he will come back in the receiving corp. Cody Hodges(SR) and Grahm Harrell(FR) were the main two fighting for the starting spot at QB this spring. Grahm is the better talent but Cody is more steady since he is much more experienced in the system. One thing is for sure, we are loaded at QB for the next 6 years. The running backs are not an issue at all and wouldn't be surprised to see the run game mixed in more just as it was last year. The offensive line is young and inexperienced after sending 3 to the NFL last year. The defense should be at least as good as last year and hopefully better since it is much more athletic and experienced.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:57 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubletman
He isn't just a backup WR. Odds are he will start and if not will have considerable playing time. Reports out of spring drills say Robert Johnson is happy at WR and is doing an awsome job with great hands and ability to avoid tackles. A lot of positions are still up for battle as far as starter due to injuries during spring drills as well as potential immediate impact players coming in this summer as true freshmen. Cody Fuller got drafted in baseball and we are still waiting to see if he will come back in the receiving corp. Cody Hodges(SR) and Grahm Harrell(FR) were the main two fighting for the starting spot at QB this spring. Grahm is the better talent but Cody is more steady since he is much more experienced in the system. One thing is for sure, we are loaded at QB for the next 6 years. The running backs are not an issue at all and wouldn't be surprised to see the run game mixed in more just as it was last year. The offensive line is young and inexperienced after sending 3 to the NFL last year. The defense should be at least as good as last year and hopefully better since it is much more athletic and experienced.
1 - Rojo is the starter IRL.

2 - Cody Hodges is most like BJ Symons, which is a good thing.

3 - The defense will be nasty.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:44 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCoogs117
1 - Rojo is the starter IRL.

2 - Cody Hodges is most like BJ Symons, which is a good thing.

3 - The defense will be nasty.
I'll have to disagree, Cody is not even close to BJ, he doesnt have near the armstrength OR gunslinger mentality.

The SECONDARY is sick but we are still fairly weak against the run, luckily teams are going to be able to put up the 49 points necessary to beat us by solely running the football.

It is Robert Johnson's own fault he isn't a QB anymore, He quit the team last year because we wanted to redshirt him, Leach let him back but made it clear to him that a "quitter" cannot lead his team. Now he is just going to be a STUD WR. Probably a better Pro prospect as a WR anyways.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:02 AM   #15
Rookie

worldb's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan
i dont know if anyone reads espn.com but one writer put his top 10 non-confrence games this year and he put Tech vs Indiana state because he thinks tech will be the first team in almost 100 years to score 100 points in a D1 game
\
\

link?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2005, 12:08 AM   #16
Banned

Kentucky3D's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliefallstar
The SECONDARY is sick but we are still fairly weak against the run, luckily teams are going to be able to put up the 49 points necessary to beat us by solely running the football.
Antonio Huffman is the twin brother of Kentucky's best corner Antoine Huffman, he was also a one time Kentucky committment back when he was in High School. I'm glad to see him doing so well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »