Home

Football Strategy

This is a discussion on Football Strategy within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2005, 09:38 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Football Strategy

Hey all,
With NCAA 2006 out, I was wanting to start a thread to discuss strategy. There has been some talk of this in the impressions thread with regards to the cover 2 defense, and I am really enjoying hearing the strategy being broken down. How about starting a discussion about how to use the defensive audibles best, as well as hot routes on offense. I have a hard time reading defenses before the snap, so that would be interesting for me to hear about as well.

brian
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2005, 11:44 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Football Strategy

Ok, I guess I'll add my 2 cents here.

Offensive Strategy

When I'm facing a heavy blitzer I like to do the L2/R2 hot route, quick slant, it's high percentage and is a good way to confuse the hell out of him. Usually they won't know what to do and will try to stop it by blitzing more.
When I'm facing man coverage I like to do 5-7 yard stop, I like this play a little more in madden b/c of the fact that a reciever in NCAA won't always catch the bullet pass.
When I'm facing a zone i try to to corner routes from the slot and outs from the wide.

Defense

I play Cover 2 Man till my opponent shows it can be beat, and by that time I usually have a nice lead

If you find a trend in your opponent, always throws right, never throws to the FB or TE then exploit that, do a quick corner blitz and leave the WR open for a sec that he never even looks at.

Thats about it for me anyone else can add on.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:43 AM   #3
Rookie

steph33and1's Arena

OVR: 2

yeah i love these strategy talks, anyone else....?
Old 07-08-2005, 12:48 AM   #4
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseValentinWooo
Defense

I play Cover 2 Man till my opponent shows it can be beat, and by that time I usually have a nice lead
Damn right!!
Old 07-08-2005, 01:11 AM   #5
MVP

LetsGo0akland's Arena

OVR: 13

Best way to beat a Cover 2, at least in Madden, are the corner post patterns by the slot receivers in three or four wide sets. While playing online, nobody could stop that at the corners. If you see guys move Moss or TO to the slot, that's what they are planning on doing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2005, 02:57 AM   #6
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

I've had a couple wide open, and I mean, wide open receivers using hot routes this year, which is something I hadn't seen in previous years. If the CPU doesn't match up correctly, or puts a linebacker against your receiver you could be in for a big gain.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 07-08-2005, 03:01 AM   #7
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

I have found the deep ball VERY hard to defend once in one-on-one situations. Unless my safety is in a zone helping my corner I'm screwed. If the safety is in man with the fullback and the CPU throws deep, its completed I'd say 80% of the time. The other 20% is because the ball was overthrown, never have I actually swatted the ball away in a one-on-one situation. Whether it be me conrolling the corner or the CPU doing the work there's just no hope. I really wish EA added the greatest feature in football gaming history like they did on Madden...in-game saves. I like to call that feature the "no more gay crap" feature. Every time its 3rd and long, I'll save the game on Madden, if something totally ******** happens, guess what? Yep, its a mulligan, LOL. I know it sounds cheezy but its my way at getting back at the CPU when it pulls the crap it does. And I don't always use it, only when its something completely rediculous.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 07-08-2005, 03:05 AM   #8
MVP

LetsGo0akland's Arena

OVR: 13

You're right, it is a cheese. But its a pain in the ***. I wouldn't do that. I'd just live with the play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »