Home

And so it begins

This is a discussion on And so it begins within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2005, 08:24 PM   #33
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: And so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputin
obviously someone has a problem with the criticisms of the game which hasn't been "officially released", thus the creation of this thread.

as if there's an arbitrary waiting period that must pass before criticism of ncaa 2006 will be acceptable.

given that, i simply think that it was a case of someone not being able to handle criticism of the game.

the "and so it begins" part was just a canard imo.

because surely, a similarly timed opinion which was overtly positive would have not been greeted so unceremoniously. (unless it was about madden lol)

perhaps i missed the thread titled: "the game isn't even officially out yet and people are already praising it."

I actually had to force myself to buy EA games again ok maybe not force (I am a college football junkie) I have become truely tired of EA's rehashed games. And the fact that they bought out the company who I felt made a better product. So am I hurt or bothered cuase someone has issues with the game?

I dont think so.

My creation of the thread was for these reasons

A) I find it funny that many times people dont play a game enough and haven't truely sharpened thier skills and complain because of things that can result from that. I cant stop the deep ball so the game's AI is broken. Its a weak argument....and it will the first of many weak arguments that pop up in the next week or so. I am not able to do _____ so the game must suck when maybe it is that you suck instead.

B) The poster had a preconceived bias and with limited time has already come to the conclusion that the game is not as good as a game he has had almost a year of playing time with. A one sided opinion at best that will be the first of many...

Last edited by bigtiggalsu; 07-09-2005 at 08:26 PM.
Old 07-09-2005, 08:34 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtiggalsu
I actually had to force myself to buy EA games again ok maybe not force (I am a college football junkie) I have become truely tired of EA's rehashed games. And the fact that they bought out the company who I felt made a better product. So am I hurt or bothered cuase someone has issues with the game?

I dont think so.

A) I find it funny that many times people dont play a game enough and haven't truely sharpened thier skills and complain because of things that can result from that. I cant stop the deep ball so the game's AI is broken. Its a weak argument....and it will the first of many weak arguments that pop up in the next week or so. I am not able to do _____ so the game must suck when maybe it is that you suck instead.

B) The poster had a preconceived bias and with limited time has already come to the conclusion that the game is not as good as a game he has had almost a year of playing time with. A one sided opinion at best that will be the first of many...
Thank you for saving me time typing! I completely agree with you 100% and find the above things to be extremely annoying and take away from this great forum.

Old 07-09-2005, 09:02 PM   #35
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:

I dont think so.

Well said Bigtig..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2005, 10:11 PM   #36
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

i just think the qb's accuracy, on AA is too high...i dont play online, so sliders work for me...
Old 07-09-2005, 10:27 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I've only played 2 games so far, but in those two game, I probably have seen 10 or so long pass attempts, (total from both teams). One of those bomb attempts were completed. I am just not seeing the bombfest that this guy is talking about.
bkrich is right. I've played 6 games and lobs just don't work hardly at all either against me or the times i've tried. Maybe he's just been playing someone who is particularly lucky or gifted.

I agree that the game moves too slow and feels lagged but EA is probably (hopefullY) still working on the servers is why.

As for the rest of the complaints, those aren't complaints about the game but rather complaints about the opponents.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-09-2005, 10:46 PM   #38
Banned

Geekboy's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

I dont think so.

I'm only asking out of ignorance. What about those that have mastered NCAA 2004 and 2005 (believe me, I'm not one of them) and they see how 2006 maybe not quite right? I could be wrong.

In reference to point B......what would one consider a reasonable length of gameplay before making a pretty good call on whether the game is good-great or bad? If I'm right when 2005 came out people as a whole were generally pretty excited with it. After awhile a majority thought it sucked. I can't remember though how long that process was before most came to that conclusion.

It does seem though that a majority still feel 2004 was damn good.

Just asking.
Old 07-10-2005, 01:51 AM   #39
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekboy
In reference to point B......what would one consider a reasonable length of gameplay before making a pretty good call on whether the game is good-great or bad? If I'm right when 2005 came out people as a whole were generally pretty excited with it. After awhile a majority thought it sucked. I can't remember though how long that process was before most came to that conclusion.
More than a handful of games... at least 2 weeks of playing and time away from the game to analize strengths and weaknesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekboy
I'm only asking out of ignorance. What about those that have mastered NCAA 2004 and 2005 (believe me, I'm not one of them) and they see how 2006 maybe not quite right? I could be wrong.
Certain things cant be denied such as HFA was to overdone in NCAA 2005 which caused the game to play out of wack sometimes, or there is lack of pass interference calls or penalty calls in general.

But some things are dependent upon your opponent your skill level or ability not the game AI.
Old 07-10-2005, 02:25 AM   #40
MVP

swaldo's Arena

OVR: 20

I haven't played online yet, but his observations seem to contradict itself. He states that you can lob bombs with a high success rate but at the same time you can blitz LB's up the middle with a high percentage chance for a sack.

Seem's to me if you are playing a cheeser throwing lobs you can simply put him on the floor with these blitzes, no?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »