Home

Graphics versus Gameplay

This is a discussion on Graphics versus Gameplay within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 04:29 PM   #25
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:
Re: Graphics versus Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Yes it is hard to answer, especially for an ncaa game where atmosphere and presentation are very important(like I've said already), and the absence of either it takes away from the experience. There is no need to have to have either when tiburon has such a huge team and almost unlimited resources to make it so that we can have both.
Unlimited resources? They have a budget just like any other developer. This includes staffing. EA is in the business to make a profit, not to please every single fan who buys the game.

I guess I should know better than to pose a hypothetical question on a board like this.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2005, 04:30 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 15

i like to think of presentation as more than if miamis 5th alternate jersey with green stripes and purple numbers is accurately modeled in the game.

I would put jersey's and stadiums into a category all their own: correctness or authenticity

the jerseys SHOULD be correct for all the teams and their stadiums should look how they currently look (with some exceptions of course, like if ea wasnt givin the appearance of their stadium, or the correct uniforms on time) I dont think it should be a boon, if an NCAA game has jerseys correct, it should be correct. I personally dont care cause i dont watch enough college football, but i totally see how it botheres people a ton
Old 07-11-2005, 04:30 PM   #27
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJenkins
Unlimited resources? They have a budget just like any other developer. This includes staffing. EA is in the business to make a profit, not to please every single fan who buys the game.

I guess I should know better than to pose a hypothetical question on a board like this.
I guess so, especially since the exact same question has been asked over and over again.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 07-11-2005, 04:31 PM   #28
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:

The budget may not be unlimited but NCAA and Madden are prestige titles. They should try harder to get both elements to be the best they can be. I'm sure they make so much profit that adding a few thousand dollars here and there won't hurt them in the long run.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 07-11-2005, 04:31 PM   #29
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
I don't want to compare competing NCAA games either. I want to compare the different opinions about presentation and the opinions about gameplay. Is it a gamebreaker for you if the jerseys aren't perfect comparisons to their real world counterparts?
Jersey and face masks and socks aren't that important to me (might be to some), but not seeing Clemson come down the hill, the Hurricanes coming out in smoke, the Boomer Sooner, and the Chief putting the spear in the field at FSU's stadium before the start of the game is.

The sad part is that EA's used to include some different entrances and now they've been removed and replaced with create a fan and/or create a sign.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:33 PM   #30
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bears_16_and_0
i like to think of presentation as more than if miamis 5th alternate jersey with green stripes and purple numbers is accurately modeled in the game.

I would put jersey's and stadiums into a category all their own: correctness or authenticity

the jerseys SHOULD be correct for all the teams and their stadiums should look how they currently look (with some exceptions of course, like if ea wasnt givin the appearance of their stadium, or the correct uniforms on time) I dont think it should be a boon, if an NCAA game has jerseys correct, it should be correct. I personally dont care cause i dont watch enough college football, but i totally see how it botheres people a ton
Well, obviously having to do the research on all 108 teams is going to take away from other aspects of the game. That's simple logic.

Old 07-11-2005, 04:35 PM   #31
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Well, obviously having to do the research on all 108 teams is going to take away from other aspects of the game. That's simple logic.
Well having different entrances in and taking them out will dissapoint people. That's simple logic.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2005, 04:35 PM   #32
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
I guess so, especially since the exact same question has been asked over and over again.
And nobody here, with the exception of gamecock, can formulate an opinion on the subject, but everybody can gripe about all the shortcomings. Once again, it's armchair game design.

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »