Home

Guys with the game please tell me if i am seeing things...

This is a discussion on Guys with the game please tell me if i am seeing things... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2005, 07:38 PM   #9

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Guys with the game please tell me if i am seeing things...

Anyone here who thinks a team down 16 at ANY point in the 4th quarter won't try to go downfield has never watched a football game in his life.

Even if there is :01 left down by two scores, a team is going to try a hail mary. Especially in college football, where "style points" matter. A loss by 8 is a lot different than a loss by 16.

Now if it was 3 scores, then its a different story.

Last edited by Deegeezy; 07-11-2005 at 07:41 PM.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:42 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
Anyone here who thinks a team down 16 at ANY point in the 4th quarter won't try to go downfield has never watched a football game in his life.

Even if there is :01 left down by two scores, a team is going to try a hail mary. Especially in college football, where "style points" matter. A loss by 8 is a lot different than a loss by 16.

exactly man... good point...

right now i am using miami and the cpu is penn state.. i am up 7-6 with 2 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.. i will report what i see if i am up towards the end
Old 07-11-2005, 08:41 PM   #11
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaloTorres
exactly man... good point...

right now i am using miami and the cpu is penn state.. i am up 7-6 with 2 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.. i will report what i see if i am up towards the end
If there is 1 second left I and I was down by more than 8 points I would chuck the ball down the field. Reckless and no point at all, what if an injury takes place? What would you be saying then? "Well at least I tried." I dont think so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2005, 08:53 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy

I have seen countless times where teams in the NFL will sit on the ball if its mathematically impossible to come back, as well as in college.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:59 PM   #13
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

OVR: 6

Regarding the CPU running the same play over and over again in the no-huddle...since you're limited to the same play as well, I'm guessing the CPU is bound by the same rules.

They SHOULD be able to audilbe, though...
Old 07-11-2005, 09:10 PM   #14
Rookie

sportzhead's Arena

OVR: 5

Nobody, and i mean nobody would run a hurry up offense and just run the ball every time, unless you're Nebraska. That defeats the purpose of a hurry up offense.
Old 07-11-2005, 09:24 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

They did this in 05 aswell. I can recall a couple of games whe I was ahead by only 2 TD's and yet with less than 1:00 to play they just conceeded victory. NOw, maybe if they were moving the ball all game but just couldn't stick it in the endzone they would probably continue to test you. But lets say you were shutting them down most of the game then more likely they just didn't think they were going to score within 1:00 of play left.

But then again if they had came back and beat you late I'm guessing we would have seen a different post about CPU catchup logic.

Heck sometimes when I'm down by 2-TD's that late to the CPU unless I"m trying to pad stats I just run the ball and let the game be over.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2005, 09:29 PM   #16
Banned

Kentucky3D's Arena

OVR: 6

I've never had this problem. I've been up by over 30 with a few mintues left and the CPU will constantly chuck it deep and do onside kicks. Even running teams like Idaho State do it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »