Home

OMG the dropped passes

This is a discussion on OMG the dropped passes within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2005, 11:40 PM   #9
Rookie

okieraider's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: OMG the dropped passes

I haven't had any problems with dropped passes. It's weird how some people have this problems and a lot of us don't.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:17 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

maybe 1 to 2 a game,but alot better than last year
Old 07-14-2005, 07:55 AM   #11
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid33nyc1
I havent really watched college football much in a couple of years but my god can some of these guys be that bad or is it the game.Every game the damn dropped passes.I had 10 dropped passes my last game and they were in either single coverage or wide open.On top of that you can scramble, throw a floating bomb and complete the pass between 4 defenders.I have adjusted the sliders and it doesnt seem to help at all.This is just ruining the game for me.I find myself running the ball and scrambling with the QB more than i want to because of worrying about these guys dropping the ball.Didnt some of you say this was a big problem in last years game?It must have been unplayable.If you put to much of a touch on the ball it gets smacked down or intercepted.What you guys think because this is crazy.I like the game but this is just stupid.
I know what you mean. I've found myself running the ball a lot on 3rd and 9 or 3rd and 10 just because I felt like I had a better chance getting the first down that way. One thing you can do is throw to your impact players (if you have any that are receivers or backs) when they are in the zone and they will rarely drop it. I was like 4 for 4 to Leon Washington last night when he was in the zone, but 1 for 13 the rest of the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2005, 08:02 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quit playing with Rice

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-14-2005, 08:55 AM   #13
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8

I think the biggest problem most are having is throwing without setting the Qb's feet. Throwing on the run can be done but with little consistency. Also I have noticed throwing a bullet to a receiver that is in the middle of a pattern or not looking is going to fail. Lob passes can help with that as well. Try going to the practice mode and run the skeleton and experiment with different throws, patterns, and setting the QB's feet. It really helped me.
Twitter
YouTube
Old 07-14-2005, 08:58 AM   #14
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

Anytime i use lob pass the ai defenders instantly converge on the ball, running faster than a catching-up lineman in Tecmo...

Sad, because I love the lob pass.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:07 AM   #15
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

I'm also having a lot of dropped passes in the last 2 game with USC i had 7 then with OKL. i had 9. i'm usuing defaul sliders on AA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2005, 10:08 AM   #16
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugginns
Anytime i use lob pass the ai defenders instantly converge on the ball, running faster than a catching-up lineman in Tecmo...

Sad, because I love the lob pass.
Good analogy. Although it sucks to have to do this, what worked for me is setting the CPU sliders low for "Knockdowns." That way they won't react to the ball unrealistically.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »