Home

There are some awesome things about this game

This is a discussion on There are some awesome things about this game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2005, 12:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
There are some awesome things about this game

I have been a big EA critic. However they really nailed some things with this game:

1. During a dynasty, you can change the other coaches strategies to make them pass more or run more.
2. Impact players are shuffled into different positions. If a team has a great Left End, sometimes they line up at right end.
3. More impact player goodness. I was playing against BC and they have an awesome CB. They substituted the CB as a WR on a 3rd down play and he made a big catch ala Deon Sanders. This was great.
4. CPU QB's can throw for 60-70% completion percentage.
5. You really notice a difference in player skills.
6. The CPU commits to the running game depending on the team's strength.

Just some initial things that I think are great. 2005 v. 2006 is not even close.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2005, 12:32 PM   #2
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: There are some awesome things about this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by nylawyer
I have been a big EA critic. However they really nailed some things with this game:

1. During a dynasty, you can change the other coaches strategies to make them pass more or run more.
2. Impact players are shuffled into different positions. If a team has a great Left End, sometimes they line up at right end.
3. More impact player goodness. I was playing against BC and they have an awesome CB. They substituted the CB as a WR on a 3rd down play and he made a big catch ala Deon Sanders. This was great.
4. CPU QB's can throw for 60-70% completion percentage.
5. You really notice a difference in player skills.
6. The CPU commits to the running game depending on the team's strength.

Just some initial things that I think are great. 2005 v. 2006 is not even close.
I agree with you man. THe teams and players both player to their collectively and individual strengths. Ratings actually do matter this year. Impact players are not invincible but they certainly do make impacts.
Old 07-16-2005, 01:12 PM   #3
L*v* *nd H*n*r t* M**m*

mazhirui's Arena

OVR: 5

I was extremely impressed that they'll have Miami U. OLB Terna Nande line up at DE on obvious passing downs. He's never done that before, but Miami has said they plan to use him that way this year. I also saw them line up their impact CB (Darrell Hunter) at WR on an important 3rd down play. He caught it and picked up the first!

(Just because he's a monster, I want to throw out some stats about Nande here....he's 6'1", 228 lbs, benches 500 lbs, squats 620, yet runs a 4.45 40-yard dash!)

Miami University
Bicentennial, 1809-2009
Old 07-16-2005, 01:25 PM   #4
Rookie

longhorn35's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazhirui
I was extremely impressed that they'll have Miami U. OLB Terna Nande line up at DE on obvious passing downs. He's never done that before, but Miami has said they plan to use him that way this year. I also saw them line up their impact CB (Darrell Hunter) at WR on an important 3rd down play. He caught it and picked up the first!

(Just because he's a monster, I want to throw out some stats about Nande here....he's 6'1", 228 lbs, benches 500 lbs, squats 620, yet runs a 4.45 40-yard dash!)

SOUNDS LIKE HE SHOULD BE PLAYING STRONG SAFETY...
Old 07-16-2005, 01:31 PM   #5
L*v* *nd H*n*r t* M**m*

mazhirui's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn35
SOUNDS LIKE HE SHOULD BE PLAYING STRONG SAFETY...
That's why he's a freak, haha. He has the strength to play DL, but the speed to play SS. I guess it makes sense that he splits the difference and plays mostly LB.

Miami University
Bicentennial, 1809-2009
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »