Home

Why wont my senior impact reciever catch anything? And other problems...

This is a discussion on Why wont my senior impact reciever catch anything? And other problems... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2005, 02:13 AM   #17
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Why wont my senior impact reciever catch anything? And other problems...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
I think that the madden engine of this generation has many serious limitations that simply won't allow it to do some of the things we want it to do. Perhaps there is only so much tweaking they can do at this point. I'm having a bit of a love hate relationship with the game. Some aspects get me really pumped and some aspects are really frustrating but all in all I think that many of us are such fans of football and the football video games that have come so far just in the past five years that we want to be playing this ideal in our head that maybe the developers aren't quite at yet. I know some make an ESPN argument, but both the ESPN and Madden engine have their shortcomings and I think we should just try and appreciate what we have now and be excited for the next generation.

Agreed. Our expectations exceed the capabilities, or will of the designers.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Old 07-18-2005, 07:13 AM   #18
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

OVR: 16

here's my 2 cents....'06 isn't '04....it's a new game, and you need to practice to become better....some of you guys just want the game to magically be perfect....there is a way to complete a high percentage of your passes and complete passes over the middle....it's your responsibility to figure out how....if you don't accept this responsibility, then get rid of the game.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:57 AM   #19

trobinson97's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirLobo23
here's my 2 cents....'06 isn't '04....it's a new game, and you need to practice to become better....some of you guys just want the game to magically be perfect....there is a way to complete a high percentage of your passes and complete passes over the middle....it's your responsibility to figure out how....if you don't accept this responsibility, then get rid of the game.

Lol. How you can put the word 'responsibility' in a sentence pertaining to the playability of a video game is beyond hilarious to me. No seriously it is, I'm not trying to be funny. I just find stuff like that funny. It makes the whole paragraph seem somewhat oxymoronic in that you are implying some level of serious soberness when approaching something so un-noteworthy experience as video gaming.

Any who, since you've taken the responsiblty upon yourself and figured it out, would you mind sharing your tricks of the trade with us fellow gamers?

SteamID - Depotboy

What a run
Roll Tide

Old 07-18-2005, 09:55 AM   #20
Banned

chef423's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Lol. How you can put the word 'responsibility' in a sentence pertaining to the playability of a video game is beyond hilarious to me. No seriously it is, I'm not trying to be funny. I just find stuff like that funny. It makes the whole paragraph seem somewhat oxymoronic in that you are implying some level of serious soberness when approaching something so un-noteworthy experience as video gaming.

Any who, since you've taken the responsiblty upon yourself and figured it out, would you mind sharing your tricks of the trade with us fellow gamers?

Your sense of humor isnt funny, tho.

PRACTICE.

You people are playing this game like its Madden '97. When a reciever is open you have to throw the pass at the right time, and with the proper throwing power. You cant expect to just lob or throw a bullet pass. USE THE PASSING SKELETON!!!! I have dont it over and over and its the best thing every placed into a football game. It tells you if you are throwing the ball with the proper arm strength, which is 80% of the battle. These are COLLEGE players, most will NOT catch the rock when they hear footsteps.....

If you dont want to invest the time in the game, then sell it, as the other guy above has stated.

Class dismissed.

chef
Old 07-18-2005, 09:57 AM   #21
Banned

chef423's Arena

Thumbs up Re: Why wont my senior impact reciever catch anything? And other problems...

Quote:
Agreed.

chef
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2005, 09:58 AM   #22
Banned

OHguy00's Arena

OVR: 17

Are you manually catching? I haven't seen the drops that everyone else is seeing, and I think it maybe due to the fact that I manually catch every intermediate-long pass.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:00 AM   #23

trobinson97's Arena

Quote:
Your sense of humor isnt funny, tho.
Maybe not, but it's mine, and that's what counts....right?

Quote:
If you dont want to invest the time in the game, then sell it, as the other guy above has stated.

Class dismissed.
I'm pretty sure no one would have bought the game if they were not going put time into playing it. Your advice is somewhat unneccessary in that people are asking for help on passing, and you're reccomending selling the game on the perceived notion that they aren't willing to play it.

Edit:

[/quote]Quote:
here's my 2 cents....'06 isn't '04....it's a new game, and you need to practice to become better....some of you guys just want the game to magically be perfect....there is a way to complete a high percentage of your passes and complete passes over the middle....it's your responsibility to figure out how....if you don't accept this responsibility, then get rid of the game.[/quote]

Quote:
Agreed.

chef
You couldn't just add that into your last post instead of doubleposting. From the last line of that paragraph:
Quote:
then sell it, as the other guy above has stated.
it was clear that you agreed with him.

SteamID - Depotboy

What a run
Roll Tide

Last edited by trobinson97; 07-18-2005 at 10:03 AM.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:03 AM   #24
Banned

chef423's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHguy00
Are you manually catching? I haven't seen the drops that everyone else is seeing, and I think it maybe due to the fact that I manually catch every intermediate-long pass.

Yep, I maunally catch alot of my passes too. It helps a bunch, but again, IT TAKES PRACTICE.

To regurgitate this once again, if you dont take time to use the passing skeleton, then why bother posting complaints in these forums? I dont get it.

chef

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »