Home

Why wont my senior impact reciever catch anything? And other problems...

This is a discussion on Why wont my senior impact reciever catch anything? And other problems... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2005, 11:32 PM   #57
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Why wont my senior impact reciever catch anything? And other problems...

Thank goodness for this thread.

I've been absolutely dreadful passing the ball in 06 thus far due to a few reasons, but I think the main problem for me, other than using UVA (dreadful receivers), is just being too rifle-armed. I'll try out some of these things (pass skeleton drill, EAsy catch) as soon as I can.

Again, thanks.
Old 07-22-2005, 08:26 AM   #58
Buddha

ahunter5's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Why wont my senior impact reciever catch anything? And other problems...

I'm having the same problem as many of the posters above. I've never had a problem with passing (and I've played since the Bill Walsh days) until this year. Now I'm seeing games where my receiver will have 0 catches and 7 drops. No exaggeration!

To be fair, I haven't tried the pass skeleton yet, but my drops don't seem to be misreads in coverage or firing bullets to receivers three yards away. I'll have a receiver run an out route, have the ball hit him in the hands at what appears to be a nice velocity, and it bounces right off. I've tried catching by switching to the WR and by letting the computer catch it.

I guess my main question is this: Why are some people having so much trouble catching the ball while others are finding no difference between this version and versions past? I've played about 15 games with a friend who had no problems catching and he couldn't give me an answer. Any ideas?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »