Home

Most OVERrated QB in NCAA 2006

This is a discussion on Most OVERrated QB in NCAA 2006 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2005, 12:41 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Most OVERrated QB in NCAA 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTG
That's my point. He's a good college quarterback, which is exactly what I said in the post at the top of page four of this thread.

Also, I do think Gradkowski is better, at least in certain aspects. He's tougher, he's more accurate, and he plays better under pressure. I think Gradkowski will end up being a Frank Reich/Scott Mitchell/Steve Bono type player in the NFL. A good backup who can come off the bench and win some games but is not quite good enough to run a team. Omar, on the other hand, will be some team's Andre Ware. All hype - expected to be a savior - falls flat because the NFL doesn't run BG's offense and the defenses are much more talented.

I understand what you're saying, it's just that I've seen Omar play in person and I don't think he's good enough to be the #2 overall QB on the game.

And I never said he played when Urban was there. Where are you getting that from?
Great. A Toledo grad. Let me type a little slower so you can keep up.

Is Jacobs the #2 college QB. No. However, I've seen Omar play a number of times and the key is his accuracy. He has that strange dart type throwing motion to cut down on INT's. Thinking Gradkowski is a better QB just shows your bias.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:52 PM   #58
Banned

OHguy00's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTG
He goes to Bowling Green State (where Urban Meyer came from) and wears #4. He's overrated and his statistics are misleading.
Yeah, you definitely are biased. If Omar would have left BGSU last year, he would have easily been the 2nd QB taken, maybe even the first. Yes, he's that good. If he has a season like he did last year, he may even pass Leinart as the 1st QB taken. Overrated? Ha! Anyone who has seen Omar play will tell you he's not overrated, unless they are biased like you.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:55 PM   #59
BTG
Banned

BTG's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by happypg
Great. A Toledo grad. Let me type a little slower so you can keep up.

Is Jacobs the #2 college QB. No. However, I've seen Omar play a number of times and the key is his accuracy. He has that strange dart type throwing motion to cut down on INT's. Thinking Gradkowski is a better QB just shows your bias.
Ha ha ha. Right on. Go Rockets.

I understand his numbers are high and people who want to seem knowledgable about all things college football are all over him. However, I have watched him in person and seen how much he struggles when teams bring heat. Also, that "dart" style throwing motion helps him get the ball out a split second faster, but it's really not something pro scouts look for. Remember, the knock on Phil Rivers was his delivery ... just as it will be for Omar.

He's really not as good as him numbers make him look. Because BG runs such short routes he's able to sort of push the ball to the receiver which inflates his stats. It's hard for a DB to step in front of the receivers when the ball is out in half a second. I'm not saying Omar's not a good player. He is. He's perfect for BG's system - one that makes QBs look better than they actually are. The real point here is I think he's overrated.

And I didn't say Bruce is better. I said he's better in certain facets of the game. Of course I'm biased, though. BG is by far our biggest rival, and while I respect them, I claim superiority at all times over those farm boys.

Last edited by BTG; 07-21-2005 at 01:03 PM.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:59 PM   #60
BTG
Banned

BTG's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHguy00
Yeah, you definitely are biased. If Omar would have left BGSU last year, he would have easily been the 2nd QB taken, maybe even the first. Yes, he's that good. If he has a season like he did last year, he may even pass Leinart as the 1st QB taken. Overrated? Ha! Anyone who has seen Omar play will tell you he's not overrated, unless they are biased like you.
Saying things like "You're biased so you know nothing!" is certainly not going to make me see things differently, nor is trying to make it seem like I'm alone in my assessment of Omar just because you say so. He plays in a QB friendly offense and his numbers are inflated. He has a hard time dealing with serious pressure, and I just don't think he's that good.

The bottom line here is I have an opinion based on what I have seen and no amount of badgering by you or anyone else is going to make me change my mind. Respect my opinion and move on.

Last edited by BTG; 07-21-2005 at 01:08 PM.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:59 PM   #61
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTG
Ha ha ha. Right on. Go Rockets.

I understand his numbers are high, but I hae watched him in person and seen how much he struggles when teams bring heat. That "dart" style throwing motion helps him get the ball out a split second faster, and because BG runs such short routes he's able to sort of push the ball to the receiver which inflates his numbers. It's hard for a DB to step in front of the receivers when the ball is out in half a second. I'm not saying Omar's not a good player. He is. He's perfect for BG's system - one that makes QBs look better than they actually are. The real point here is I think he's overrated.

And I didn't say Bruce is better. I said he's better in certain facets of the game. Of course I'm biased, though. BG is by far our biggest rival, and while I respect them, I claim superiority at all times over those farm boys.
damn, what does a player have to do to be rated high? they had to make Omar Jacobs one of the highest rated players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2005, 01:10 PM   #62
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

OVR: 10

Well, as far as QB's I have played against, I would say Charlie Whitehurst and the QB on my Dynasty team, Jay Davis, are two very overrated players.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:17 PM   #63
BTG
Banned

BTG's Arena

Look, this is what I said about him on the game:

Quote:
Omar Jacobs is too fast and his accuracy and AWR are too high. He should be a 90 at best.
He's a 94 when you first load the game. I dropped his speed and agility to 76 which is about where they should be because he's not a runner. He averages about three yards per carry and 25 a game - hardly eye-popping. I also dropped his AWR a few points and his accuracy to 92. At a 92 rating, he can still make pretty much any throw he needs to make. I feel this is more accurate a reflection of how he plays.

You guys are acting like I'm saying he's garbage. I'm not saying that. I just happen to think he's overrated because of numbers and will not do well in the NFL. On that note, what were Jason White's numbers in 2003? 40 and 6? Something like that?

By the way, where was he drafted?

Last edited by BTG; 07-21-2005 at 01:44 PM.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:19 PM   #64
Pro

USCTrojan83's Arena

OVR: 6

BTG = Bringing the heat...

IF Omar Jacobs is as great and talented as some people claim he is...Most of America will see on one of their 3 televised games this year...

But like BTG said its a system that works...and Omar fits it pretty damn well...Just as Klinger, Frazier, Detmer, and Ware did before him

And as for a comment like a Omar Jacobs being drafted #1 over a polished and proven QB like leinart...I dont think that would happen even if Jacobs threw for 5,000 yards 41 TD's and 0 INT's
Buffalo Bills
San Francisco 49ers
MLB Baseball
Los Angeles Angeles of Anahiem
Atlanta Braves
NHL Hockey
Los Angeles Kings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »