Home

I suck!!!!!

This is a discussion on I suck!!!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2005, 05:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
I suck!!!!!

First off let me say ALL i play are sports games, no Halo, no GTA, no Star Wars strictly sports(I guess you could say I am pretty 1 dimensional) I recently purchased NCAA and I flat out suck!!!! I am not here to bash EA or start some kind of flame war......or whatever people call it. I will say I was the biggest fan of ESPN 2k5, I thought and still think it is the greatest sports game ever developed. I am not a fan of Madden and was not a fan of NCAAA last year. This year though I think the improvements are noticeble and the game in my opinion is excellent.......I just can't play. I created a team in Dynasty and placed it in the Mountain West(very cool feature by the way) I am currently using Jistic's sliders and here are the reasons I suck, any help would be welcomed:

- Running the ball. Everyone talks about "Mario Ball" and that's me. I cannot for the life of me get more than 2 yards a carry. I have tried to deke,spin, use the right joystick......nada. I know it is me and not the game because every team I play has a player that jukes and hits the holes on a regular basis. I watch in awe at the CPU sometimes because they do the sickest moves, then I watch the same crap w/ my runner......****nning into the offensive line and stopping for 1 yard

- Defense. I am constantly getting burned for bombs. I always like to play the MLB, but this is causing my secondary to get torched. I hit the B button to take control of the CB when the ball is in the air but to no avail. And it seems the CPU is ALWAYS money on 3rd down, whatever the yardage, move the chains......but I guess that is more my lame play calling

- Playbooks. I don't know, and this is where I might p i s s off some people. I just think the offensive an defensive playbooks are so redundant. I am currently using the Miami Hurricanes and I find myself using the same Ace and shotgun sets on offense. And on Defense, inside each formation it seems the plays are almost identical. This is the one area I thought ESPN did a better job. IMO. I just found myself, using more stunts, pinching my CB's, moving my LB's to weak and strong sides etc. With this it is like I just select a play and react, I feel less in control, it is like I am waiting on the CPU to make the play for me, more reactive. Where with ESPN I found myself proactive.....maybe it's just getting use the game, since I played 2K5 a gazillion times, I don't know.

Well that's enough, my hand is about to fall off. I guess it is good to vent a little and admit you suck at something every once in awhile.....a little therapeutic I guess. I am not complaining about the game, I do think it is VERY good, and since I will not be buying Madden this is my ONLY football fix for the year so I have to get better. A few people have mentioned practice mode, maybe that's what I need......because right now the Colorado Springs Huskies are AWFUL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2005, 05:38 PM   #2
Rookie

philliesphan026's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: I suck!!!!!

No, I dont think it's just you, because I'm having the same problems defending the long ball. And the CPU is always money on3rd downs, also. (So it seems)
Old 07-20-2005, 05:43 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Smile Re: I suck!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliesphan026
No, I dont think it's just you, because I'm having the same problems defending the long ball. And the CPU is always money on3rd downs, also. (So it seems)
I have to agree, I love the game, but man oh man what I would do to get the computer to punt, even just once! And forget about defending anything if the running back or receiver are in the zone...good luck! Or maybe I just suck at this game.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:47 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I would love to have (more) unique playbooks and more plays on both sides of the ball. The ones we have now are pretty damn tired.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:50 PM   #5
Pro

USCTrojan83's Arena

OVR: 6

Can I ask what 'Level' You guys are having these issues on?
Buffalo Bills
San Francisco 49ers
MLB Baseball
Los Angeles Angeles of Anahiem
Atlanta Braves
NHL Hockey
Los Angeles Kings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2005, 06:17 PM   #6
Rookie

philliesphan026's Arena

OVR: 7

USC, I"m on AA and using my own sliders, but I'm currently testing so I can't remember what they were
Old 07-20-2005, 06:31 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

OVR: 38

Practice, practice, practice. I know that's probably not what you wanted to hear, but it's true. When I first got the game I sucked VERY badly, hell, I still do. But I am getting better. I picked a team, and have stayed with them. Learning what certain players can and can not do, what plays I can and can not use.

My problem, and what seems like is your problem, is play calling. I had no clue what I was doing at first, but I am slowly learning what to do.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:46 PM   #8
Rookie

maddenaddict13's Arena

OVR: 0

I don't really have trouble defending the long ball..I usually let the CPU do it..cuz I'm always tempted to go for the user pick..I do get a couple user picks though..I play as the Gators on RFTH..
Pacers
Basketball
Eagles
Football
Mariners
Baseball

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »