Home

Holding Penalties Discussion

This is a discussion on Holding Penalties Discussion within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2005, 12:41 PM   #1
Rookie

Swervekid's Arena

OVR: 3
Holding Penalties Discussion

I have been playing NCAA 2006 since it came out and my roommates and myself started 1 star academic created schools for our dynasty. We had a serious problem with holding penalties constantly. The computer was not committing them but we would have a couple per drive. So after continual sliding of the penalty slider the holding slider finally got lowered to zero. Even at this level we are still getting mulititudes of holding calls against us. And the computer never seems to commit a holding penalty.

This brings me to suspect that your linemens rating has something to do with the holding. As our teams highest rated player is 65, and all of our linemen are 56 and below. Does anyone else happen to know for sure if a linemens awareness or rating would affect the amount of times he holds. It never fails that we get these calls and is seriously distracting. Last night my roommate had 5 holding calls on one drive.

Any feedback or comments would be great.
As Down the field we thunder.

Knights of the Green and Gold
Fight with all your might!
Fight on you stalwart Ram team
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2005, 01:03 PM   #2
Pro

xfactor9600's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Holding Penalties Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swervekid
I have been playing NCAA 2006 since it came out and my roommates and myself started 1 star academic created schools for our dynasty. We had a serious problem with holding penalties constantly. The computer was not committing them but we would have a couple per drive. So after continual sliding of the penalty slider the holding slider finally got lowered to zero. Even at this level we are still getting mulititudes of holding calls against us. And the computer never seems to commit a holding penalty.

This brings me to suspect that your linemens rating has something to do with the holding. As our teams highest rated player is 65, and all of our linemen are 56 and below. Does anyone else happen to know for sure if a linemens awareness or rating would affect the amount of times he holds. It never fails that we get these calls and is seriously distracting. Last night my roommate had 5 holding calls on one drive.

Any feedback or comments would be great.
I notice that when I get a holding call it is either on my lowest rated (AWR) lineman, TE, or WR. I have never checked to see if players with low Pass blocking and run blocking have more holds called on them (as this would seem to make sense if that was related).

-Byron Larkn-
During Xavier's Defeat of #1 St. Joe's in the 2004 A-10 Tournament.

Hawkeye Hideout!
Xavier Hoops!
Old 07-25-2005, 01:20 PM   #3
Rookie

Swervekid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactor9600
I notice that when I get a holding call it is either on my lowest rated (AWR) lineman, TE, or WR. I have never checked to see if players with low Pass blocking and run blocking have more holds called on them (as this would seem to make sense if that was related).
Well I am glad that you noticed this as well. I have not checked to see if I have a specific linemen that is committing all of the penalties. I will have to check tonight as I think all three of us will be playing our games and we all have the same players just different names as it is our first season. If it just one lineman repeating the infraction I am going to sit his butt on the bench. or as Corso would say "put some of the defensive players in that really want to play."

Would love to hear if anyone else is noticing anything like this? Because if this begins to hold up I am going to start recruiting line men on awareness and not so much skill. Nothing kills 25 yard run or 50 yard bomb like a stinkin holding call, it never fails!

Fight! Fight! Fight!
Old 07-25-2005, 01:25 PM   #4
Pro

xfactor9600's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swervekid
Well I am glad that you noticed this as well. I have not checked to see if I have a specific linemen that is committing all of the penalties. I will have to check tonight as I think all three of us will be playing our games and we all have the same players just different names as it is our first season. If it just one lineman repeating the infraction I am going to sit his butt on the bench. or as Corso would say "put some of the defensive players in that really want to play."

Would love to hear if anyone else is noticing anything like this? Because if this begins to hold up I am going to start recruiting line men on awareness and not so much skill. Nothing kills 25 yard run or 50 yard bomb like a stinkin holding call, it never fails!
Also might note the Offending players PBK and RBK rating to check for a correlation there. I will do the same tonight.

-Byron Larkn-
During Xavier's Defeat of #1 St. Joe's in the 2004 A-10 Tournament.

Hawkeye Hideout!
Xavier Hoops!
Old 07-25-2005, 02:08 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 31

I don't understand why sliders don't work? Why would you put them in the game if they do not work as they should. Just like Pass Interference slider. (or NBA 2k5's foul sliders)

I guess they do it to give us the illusion of control....just like the buttons at stop lights for pedestrians.

To me 0 should equal none and 100 should equal every play and we can find our way in between.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2005, 02:20 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

They do work,just not for the computer.
More than a relief pitcher I’m the closer.
"-Jay Z

"And I'm not cocky I'm confident so when you tell me I'm the best it's a compliment"-Jadakiss

"Flow sicker than the third floor in hospitals"-Lil Wayne
Old 07-25-2005, 02:57 PM   #7
Rookie

Swervekid's Arena

Slightly off the subject here but buttons at traffic signals for pedestrians do work. They put a call into the controller and thus the signal gives enough time to the current phase to allow for a pedestrian to cross. Sorry to correct you but I work in a cities traffic engineering and operations department as an engineer.

Anyways the computers penalties seem to be pretty realistic its just my holding penalties and also a fair amount of clipping penalties which may or may not come from the same suspect awareness problem.

Fight! Fight! Fight!
Old 07-25-2005, 08:31 PM   #8
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

I turned off the holding calls back in NCAA 2003 and every game since. I could only take so many holding calls when I was at the CPU one yardline and a 1 yard td plunge turned into 3rd and goal from the 11. These only seemed to happen in the games I was supposed to lose....They were usually accompanied with a bunch of fumbles and other bad breaks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »