Home

Old School NCAA 06

This is a discussion on Old School NCAA 06 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2005, 09:10 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Old School NCAA 06

'm am an old school sports fan and I always wished that they would make a sports game that allowed you to play with old school teams in a season. Tournaments are okay. I know college hoops 2k5 allowed you to import classic teams, you could even add those players to current teams. With all of my sports games I create this myself. I am in the process of putting the best players from the historic rosters on the current teams. Not all schools have historic teams or all-time teams, so I also did research on smaller schools to add there schools legends. I used the NFL hall of fame and other football sites (AFL hall of fame). I've have been able to create some great teams. For Instance you could play with some of the Divison 1-AA teams like Grambling: Doug Williams QB, Willie Davis DT, the great Willie Brown CB, Buch Buchanon 6-8 DE, Ernie Ladd 6-9 DE, James Harris QB, Tank Younger RB, Charlie Joiner WR, and Jake Reed WR. My Friends and I have fun playing with great players who did not make the game. Jerry Rice Miss. St., Walter Payton Jackson St., Gale Sayers and John Riggins Kansas, George Rogers S. Carolina, Jeff George Illinois, and Chad Pennington , Randy Moss , and Byron Leftwich Marshall. Also Michigan St. with Lorenzo White, Plaxico Buress, Charles Rodgers, Tony Banks, Julian Peters, Musin Muhammad, Andre Rison and George Webster. We use historic ratings for players to fairly create these players. This takes a lot of time but it is worth it. Playing Dynasty is so much fun and competitive, seeing who would when the Heisman with all of the great players playing together. Online could be ever more competitive. I just wanted to share this to see others opinions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2005, 11:44 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Old School NCAA 06

I think this would be fun. I am in the middle of my year two, and before this years recruiting I created two recruits from past seasons, Earl Campbell and Tim Brown. I looked at their ratings that were on their historic roster and toned them down to reflect freshman status and abilities, of course this is hard to judge, but I think I was fair. I play A&M and the funny thing is Earl committed to the Aggies. I think that each year I will create 1 or 2 historical recruits. Any suggestions s to who to create?
Old 07-27-2005, 01:31 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxyz
I think this would be fun. I am in the middle of my year two, and before this years recruiting I created two recruits from past seasons, Earl Campbell and Tim Brown. I looked at their ratings that were on their historic roster and toned them down to reflect freshman status and abilities, of course this is hard to judge, but I think I was fair. I play A&M and the funny thing is Earl committed to the Aggies. I think that each year I will create 1 or 2 historical recruits. Any suggestions s to who to create?
Bullet Bob Hayes WR #22 Florida A&M
Willie Lanier MLB #63 Morgan St. Hall of Fame
Willie Brown CB Grambling #24 Hall of Fame
Mike Singletary MLB Baylor #63 Hall of Fame
Jerry Rice WR Miss. Valley State
The Great Jim Brown RB Hall of fame #44

Last edited by hoopster; 07-27-2005 at 01:35 PM.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:59 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Those look good thanks. Singletary will be a great one, maybe we can get some cracked helmets.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:53 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopster
Bullet Bob Hayes WR #22 Florida A&M
Willie Lanier MLB #63 Morgan St. Hall of Fame
Willie Brown CB Grambling #24 Hall of Fame
Mike Singletary MLB Baylor #63 Hall of Fame
Jerry Rice WR Miss. Valley State
The Great Jim Brown RB Hall of fame #44

Jim Brown is in the game, of the all time syracuse team and he is a BEAST as well he should be
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2005, 11:18 PM   #6
Rookie

Gmac1016's Arena

OVR: 6

Old School/ Throwback jerseys should be in next-gen!!!
Old 07-28-2005, 07:18 AM   #7
MVP

LetsGo0akland's Arena

OVR: 13

Daniel E. 'Rudy' Ruettiger, Notre Dame
Bobby Bouche, LB SCLSU
Brian Piccolo, HB (don't remember team)
A.C. Slater, QB Bayside
Johnny Moxon, QB West Canaan
Willie Beamen, QB
Old 07-28-2005, 08:35 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmike6625
Jim Brown is in the game, of the all time syracuse team and he is a BEAST as well he should be
I know Jim Brown is in the game, but you can not play with him in dynasty mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »