Home

New Acidemic Prestige Thread

This is a discussion on New Acidemic Prestige Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2005, 07:52 AM   #9
Rookie

jls211's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: New Acidemic Prestige Thread

Anyone else think it might have to do with the cumulative GPAs of the guys already on your roster? If you recruit less than brilliant players who all happen to be future NFLers, then your school would be known for its athletics, not academics. On the other hand, the Ivy league schools are known for their brains, not their skills on the field.

If you only recruit guys with 3.0 or better GPA, I would think you, as a coach, would gain an "academic" reputation.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:09 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jls211
Anyone else think it might have to do with the cumulative GPAs of the guys already on your roster? If you recruit less than brilliant players who all happen to be future NFLers, then your school would be known for its athletics, not academics. On the other hand, the Ivy league schools are known for their brains, not their skills on the field.

If you only recruit guys with 3.0 or better GPA, I would think you, as a coach, would gain an "academic" reputation.

that sounds like a sound theory but how can you tell a students GPA, all they list this year is "feild awareness"
Old 07-28-2005, 11:05 AM   #11
Rookie

Swervekid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentucky3D
so far has anyone increased their academic prestige?
I think this is a brilliant question. It certainly would allow us to start eliminating some variables. Has anyone considered EA might have made an oversight here and whatever small factor the coded to drop academics got coded wrong and thus is too affective. Thus not allowing you to raise prestige but only keep it the same of more likely drop it?

Just a thought, btw thanks for reposting this thread those other flamers were annoying.
As Down the field we thunder.

Knights of the Green and Gold
Fight with all your might!
Fight on you stalwart Ram team
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2005, 11:24 AM   #12
Rookie

I'm starting to think that this to do with the discipline rating of your new recruits and NOTHING else. With Temple, I was only recruiting based on talent and location since I didn't have many points.

I don't see GPA anywhere, where are people who are talking about this seeing it?
Old 07-28-2005, 11:35 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentucky3D
so far has anyone increased their academic prestige?
I have only been able to keep it from going down after not recruiting more than 1 or 2 "poor" discipline guys. I have to try one season and only recruit good or excellent discipline guys.

I think they created a trade off of sorts by making talented 2 and 3 star players but with poor discipline ratings.
Old 07-28-2005, 12:20 PM   #14
Rookie

Swervekid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by outkast44
I have only been able to keep it from going down after not recruiting more than 1 or 2 "poor" discipline guys. I have to try one season and only recruit good or excellent discipline guys.

I think they created a trade off of sorts by making talented 2 and 3 star players but with poor discipline ratings.
I would be interested to see if you can increase your academic rating by only recruiting good players. Perhaps you could test this for us? Only problem is if you can't recruit enough you might get walk-ons who we all know are horrible students, jk.
As Down the field we thunder.

Knights of the Green and Gold
Fight with all your might!
Fight on you stalwart Ram team
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Old 07-28-2005, 03:38 PM   #15
L*v* *nd H*n*r t* M**m*

mazhirui's Arena

OVR: 5

In most ways I hope you can't change your academic prestige. I think it's the academic prestige of the university, not of the football team. In that case, I don't want the academic abilities of 100 students (and not typically the smartest students on campus) to determine what everyone else thinks of the school in terms of academics.

Part of me wishes that you COULD change academic prestige though, because Miami U is rated way too low (should be a 5 or 6 if EA's development team had actually bothered to look into it). I don't want this to start another discussion about whose school got the shaft though.

Miami University
Bicentennial, 1809-2009
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2005, 04:21 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 7

I was reading an article in the local paper yesterday about a couple of recruits that just signed with UNC and they said academics had a lot to do with their decisions. If I recall correctly, one recruit specifically cited graduation rates and academic assistance programs that UNC has.

Now, I'm pretty sure real life academic prestige ratings, like the ones cited in the other thread, don't weigh stuff like athletic graduation rates too highly. But this goes to show that there are different elements to 'academic prestige', especially in the eyes of an athletic recruit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »