Home

What does your scholarship breakdown look like?

This is a discussion on What does your scholarship breakdown look like? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2005, 06:45 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
What does your scholarship breakdown look like?

Right now I've got some unbalanced classes. 45 of my 70 players are in the freshman or sophomore classes, with only 9 guys in the junior class (this is in 2008). I need to get that fixed.

I'm also a little overloaded at a couple of positions, quarterback being one of them (I've got five of them due to an athlete or two unexpectedly sucking at everything but QB).

Anyway, I'm just curious how everyone else's position breakdown looks. What kind of depth do you shoot for at each position?

Here's mine:

QB: 5
HB: 5
FB: 1 (a converted HB, because I don't use a FB and had 6 HBs)
WR: 6
TE: 4
OT: 7
OG: 6
OC: 3
DE: 4
DT: 6
OLB: 5
MLB: 5
CB: 6
FS: 3
SS: 2
K: 1
P: 1
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2005, 04:38 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: What does your scholarship breakdown look like?

Me and my friend are doing a Yale/Harvard dynasty and we're currently in year 4. We just finished recruiting. My Yale Bulldogs went 10-3 with a bowl victory over Boise State in a shootout and he lost to #11 Wisconsin in his bowl game and was 9-4. I was getting lots of 4 start recruits once recruiting began and he only had one offer. Funny thing is, his top 6-7 players interested were all FS. So he got them all because he had no one else to get really. His final roster he had 8 FS and 7 MLB it was hilarious. Winning your bowl game is key to getting recruits. We both started out in the Sun Belt conference and after he won his bowl game in Year 2 and I lost mine, he was invited to the MAC because Ball State sucked. I won my bowl game this year but didn't get an invite because no one in the MAC was ****ty enough but I got way better recruits. Yale is a B- overall now and Harvard is still a C. I also have gotten way more transfers. The first year we simmed and I somehow wound up 7-5 and he was 3-9. The first year and every year since I have gotten 5 transfers, all of which have a big impact. My RB this season is a SR(RS) that transferred from NC State that's a 91 overall, and in the Sun Belt he is a beast. When I schedule games, I look in Athlon Sports for high ranked teams with not very good ratings. Wake Forest only lost one game in Year 3 but were a C overall and ranked 30 to start off year 4 so I scheduled them as my opening game and destroyed them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »