Home

I, for one, enjoy this game

This is a discussion on I, for one, enjoy this game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2005, 10:40 PM   #25
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: I, for one, enjoy this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Exactly, the best Christmas ever was when my parents bought me the Cowboys vs. Broncos Superbowl and the Eagles, Lions, 9ers, falcons, rams and Saint Teams. Probably logged 1000+ hours of electric football growing up. Had notebooks full of stats. Even continued playing it after I had video game football.

Talk about bad AI though, sometimes your guy would break away towards the endzone and then start doing circles around the 30 yard line......
True,true, funny stuff later I used the "TTC" total team control pads for the players it helped a bit, which is why I can honestly say that these games have come quite a long ways from what I had to play with nowa days its all about realistic this and that which I can understand oh to well...back in my days the best you could get close to that was a dice roll or some kinda spinner,card or graphic card board display (Stra-to-Matic and ALAPH Pro Football) that you'd have to actually know about Football and think about your best stategy

But in the immortal words of Sammy Baugh "I like it the way they play the game today...its a passion mans game".... and I like it too so on that note NCAA 2006 works for me and the college game is where the real passion for the game is even in a video game thats pretty damn good IMO.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2005, 11:28 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Talk about going back in time. You two guy's have really captured soem old memories from back in the day.

I can recall ordering every single team and running a league with about 10 other guy's from my neighborhood. We would all get together after school and setup 3 Tudor boards and play for about 2-3 hours.

At that time I'd say we were all between 9-13 years of age. We use to cut out names from the phone book and crazy glue the paper to back of our men so that they would real last names like Smith, Hill or Johnson. We did this for about 2 years until guy's started getting older and finding young ladies more attractive.......

I would later on in life past my old Tutor football game board and men down to my younger generation of male family members.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:56 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 15

I love the game, im still playing it like crazy, i cant stand some things about it and turn it off every so often out of frustration, but i keep coming back
Old 08-04-2005, 01:18 AM   #28
Rookie

TurboVol's Arena

OVR: 1

Count me as one who really likes NCAA 06.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:00 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 2

consider me in. I can't stop playiung even though i can't land on a team or mode to stick with. i have completed a couple of unrelated seasons and deleted and restarted my profile several times cause i can't decide, but i keep coming back.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:46 PM   #30
MVP

DGuinta1's Arena

OVR: 29
Icon14 Re: I, for one, enjoy this game

I am trully enjoying NCAA 2006 myself. First time playing it after exclusively ESPN 2K series player. I have my share of problems with the game but over all, it' a ton of fun.
Luv the other day I hit a RB really hard and his helmet popped off. BANG!
Old 08-04-2005, 01:34 PM   #31
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

I'm loving this game. Best graphics and gameplay in series history, and my Coogs don't suck. What more could I want?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2005, 02:07 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 1

I love the game...don't get too play as much as I would like.

Talk about old sport games, man when I was a kid we played like for four straight seasons...strat o matic baseball...that was fun, but time consuming. I just wish people would chill on the negatives, because really its a game...that we like to play....nothing ever is perfect.

Ncaa 06 is a great game.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »