Home

(R) stick Defensive audibles

This is a discussion on (R) stick Defensive audibles within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2005, 02:36 AM   #1
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34
(R) stick Defensive audibles

The coverage audibles are nice this year does anyone else use these

Hit Y the (R) stick left or right shifts safties to in that direction in the thier zone.

Also Line Backer shift then R stick UP, DOWN, Left Or right

Up zones the Backers

Down sends all out blitz

Left blitzs left and man covers right side....(R) stick to the right does the oppisite.

It adds a lot of pre game strategy on defense
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2005, 04:14 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: (R) stick Defensive audibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtiggalsu
The coverage audibles are nice this year does anyone else use these

Hit Y the (R) stick left or right shifts safties to in that direction in the thier zone.

Also Line Backer shift then R stick UP, DOWN, Left Or right

Up zones the Backers

Down sends all out blitz

Left blitzs left and man covers right side....(R) stick to the right does the oppisite.

It adds a lot of pre game strategy on defense
also, if you have 3 (or more I assume) lbs, lb shift up on the R stick puts your mlb in a spy

and you can also do dline R stick shifts, line audible and move the stick in the direction you want your dline to go (up sends them going outside and down has them going inside, right and left are obvious ; ) )

i think this is an excellent feature, you can really get some better penetration using the dline attack shifts
Old 07-18-2005, 08:11 AM   #3
lav
Rookie

OVR: 4

Wow, for some reason I had not realized this was in the game. Now I have to wait until after work to go home and try this out. I hate it when I read something early in the work day that makes me want to try it out immediately.

Thanks for sharing. ESPN had a similar feature last year that I enjoyed. I'm glad they've added this.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:30 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 8

yeah madden had something similar too last year thanks for the help fellaz. I need to step up my defense though i did keep michigan state to under 150 yards but everyone else lol they just burned me.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:42 AM   #5
Rookie

Swervekid's Arena

OVR: 3

I guess I didn't realize this was a feature either as I purchased this game from Gamefly and have not received the manual yet. I really enjoyed this feature in madden last year.

Can anyone tell me if the ability to Switch the direction of the offensive play exists without actually flipping the formation? I really loved this in Madden, I run alot and it allowed me to always run to the side the defense didn't shift to. I would look this up myself but like the above poster I am also at work and won't be home for hours.

Thank you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2005, 10:44 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swervekid
I guess I didn't realize this was a feature either as I purchased this game from Gamefly and have not received the manual yet. I really enjoyed this feature in madden last year.

Can anyone tell me if the ability to Switch the direction of the offensive play exists without actually flipping the formation? I really loved this in Madden, I run alot and it allowed me to always run to the side the defense didn't shift to. I would look this up myself but like the above poster I am also at work and won't be home for hours.

Thank you
It's there. Use the "hot route" option and then the analog button for the direction of the change. The run play will go the other way without flipping the formation.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:52 AM   #7
Pro

USCTrojan83's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swervekid
Can anyone tell me if the ability to Switch the direction of the offensive play exists without actually flipping the formation? I really loved this in Madden
Yes it is. Press Y (hot route), then <- or -> for the direction you want the RB to run . (XBOX)
Buffalo Bills
San Francisco 49ers
MLB Baseball
Los Angeles Angeles of Anahiem
Atlanta Braves
NHL Hockey
Los Angeles Kings
Old 07-19-2005, 10:58 AM   #8
Rookie

Swervekid's Arena

OVR: 3

Thank you,

Awesome, I was getting so frustrated last night in my dynasty. Their impact DE would line up on different sides and I couldn't run to the other side without having their line shift as my formation shifted.

Big help thanks
As Down the field we thunder.

Knights of the Green and Gold
Fight with all your might!
Fight on you stalwart Ram team
Fight! Fight! Fight!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »