Home

Man oh man

This is a discussion on Man oh man within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2005, 09:27 PM   #9
Rookie

johnnyastro's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Man oh man

i don't doubt that maybe if I lived in Wichita or Oklahoma I might spend a lot more time playing video games. anyways, thanks for the replies, I'll try and get better.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:30 PM   #10
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

I am not great at the game by any stretch of the imagination. But I usually complete about 60% of my passes. I don't think it's an issue with the game.

Nor do I live in Wichita or Oklahoma.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:23 PM   #11
Rookie

ameagle's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyastro
i don't doubt that maybe if I lived in Wichita or Oklahoma I might spend a lot more time playing video games. anyways, thanks for the replies, I'll try and get better.
you obviously spend more time than you let on playing games 'dude' (since you're into the whole stereotyping thing)...otherwise you'd be out surfing and like stuff instead of like totally posting on like a totally lame gamer forum. I mean like whoa dude! Far out man! (oh and to save you the effort of stereotyping me back--- being that I'm from Arkansas it wouldn't take alot)---I sho do think that ma sis is a purty thing alraght, but she dun got hitched to ma pa, after ma got run over by a train. And I sho do enjoy me some elec-tricity, moving picture tubes, and auto-mobiles. ) Sometimes you just gotta laugh.

Last edited by ameagle; 08-10-2005 at 11:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2005, 10:52 PM   #12
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

^^
lol
Old 08-11-2005, 10:08 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyastro
This really has to be the worst ever football game. So dumb. Passing is a joke, whether it be your QB throws 10 feet above your WR head, or your WR dropping everything, or the CPU hitting it's reciever streaking down the sideline all day long.

I've upped my sliders to 99%accuracy and 99% catch and nothing changes. My last game Oregon (me) vs. Houston, my QB was 5-27 5 INTs, 2 TDs and my recievers had 9 drops.

Of course they had a reciever who had like 8 catches for 262 yards and 3 TDs.

My running back of course had like 24 carries for 164 yards.

Game stinks. Hopefully Madden is better. And before anyone quips back that "I don't have to play it," I'm already aware.
Try rolling out of the pocket from time to time and hitting the slant or the RB out of the backfield. Of course, it helps to have a QB with some speed, but even the slower ones can find success. The passing game is all about rhythm. It is as easy to connect on 5 straight passes as it is to throw 5 straight incompletes.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:22 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameagle
you obviously spend more time than you let on playing games 'dude' (since you're into the whole stereotyping thing)...otherwise you'd be out surfing and like stuff instead of like totally posting on like a totally lame gamer forum. I mean like whoa dude! Far out man! (oh and to save you the effort of stereotyping me back--- being that I'm from Arkansas it wouldn't take alot)---I sho do think that ma sis is a purty thing alraght, but she dun got hitched to ma pa, after ma got run over by a train. And I sho do enjoy me some elec-tricity, moving picture tubes, and auto-mobiles. ) Sometimes you just gotta laugh.
yea, i didnt choose to live in Kansas. So go have fun with California.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:38 PM   #15
Rookie

johnnyastro's Arena

true, sorry, as long as you guys think that i can imrove with practice, i guess i'll just have to take the time.

once again, sorry for being lame, i was just pretty frustrated. btw, during the scool year i live in boulder, so that's kinda midwest.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2005, 12:50 PM   #16
Rookie

johnnyastro's Arena

So last game was a little better. Oregon QB was like 16 for 33, 320 yds 3 tds (still having a hard time with short-intermediate routes, especially with drops) against Fresno State. Pretty good, but check this out:

So I'm now 2-1 in dynasty, and week 4 means the start of the Pac-10 season. 1st game vs. USC. What does my team do? My QB (Victor Cox - 92 ovr)) gets caught cheating on an exam and they recommend a 3 game suspension. Also my only playmaker on D, my DT Matt Faulk (96 overall) is getting preferential treatment in his classes, also 3 games.

My backup QBs: Stephen Foster (78 OVR, 87 speed like no throwings skills), and Brady Davis (72 OVR, better pocket passer, 52 speed)

Backup DTs are both 74s.

So now I have to decide:

1. Suspend both the 3 games, USC, Stanford, Arizona State. Try and go 1-2 and then win out, hoping for a minor bowl.

2. Suspend 1 for the season, let the other continue playing.

3. Suspend each for the USC game, expecting a loss anyways, and just bump up the NCAA interest.

4. SOmething in between 2 and 3.

5. Do nothing, get the major NCAA hit, and go for broke this season.

Anyways, if you guys can give me any sort of insight, I'd love to hear back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »