Home

I hate the long ball

This is a discussion on I hate the long ball within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2005, 06:53 PM   #1
Pro

ronin21's Arena

OVR: 6
I hate the long ball

I just lost a game because I could not defend the Deep ball at all. I tried it all using the swat ball, trying to intercept, hell I just started tackling guys and taking the 15 yarder. I know that you can change sliders and all that f'n A man, if my DB is litarally crawling up the wideouts *** then I should be able to defend the pass. I was using UF and I was playing UT and when ever they were in trouble the would just chuck it down field and the rest is history. I could be fumming because I lost by a last second heave but damnit what good is a forum if you can't vent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2005, 07:00 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: I hate the long ball

this sounds a lot like every 3rd down I face...I can contain them until they are in trouble and they bomb it downfield and quite often get it.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:05 PM   #3
Pro

ronin21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueKnight10
this sounds a lot like every 3rd down I face...I can contain them until they are in trouble and they bomb it downfield and quite often get it.
yeah man seriously wtf. I guess if you don't have 6' corners your *** is grass
Old 07-28-2005, 07:16 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 12

what difficulty are you playing? AA or heisman. because on heisman the deep ball is not thrown as much for cpu.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:57 PM   #5
PGH for GTA VI

spacefunk's Arena

OVR: 13

Easy fix. DON'T switch to the DB. Just let him run with the receiver and hit whatever the swat ball button is at the right time. It's all about timing and not switching to the defender.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2005, 07:58 PM   #6
L*v* *nd H*n*r t* M**m*

mazhirui's Arena

OVR: 5

You just need to have the right slider settings and play the right defenses. I'm using Jistic's AA sliders and playing a lot of 2-deep coverage and rarely get beat for the longball (about the average number of times it actually happens in a game).

Miami University
Bicentennial, 1809-2009
Old 07-28-2005, 08:00 PM   #7
Rookie

ARG190's Arena

OVR: 3

Actually I find it more useful to take control of the DB and just get used to timing it right. Every time I leave him be he gets burned.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:48 PM   #8
Pro

ronin21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARG190
Actually I find it more useful to take control of the DB and just get used to timing it right. Every time I leave him be he gets burned.
Yeah your right about that. If don't take control it's like he does not even try. I tried the cover 2 but it does not have enough good blitzes. Is there a cover 2 d-play book because if so I will give it a try. Right now I am running a 4-3. I am also going into practice mode to practice some. I am playing on AA But I honestly think that I am my own worst enemy because I blitz quite abit(mainly to offset the longball passing) so I am in man-to-man alot. hook a brother up with some d-plays baby.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »