Home

Passing on Heisman

This is a discussion on Passing on Heisman within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2005, 08:18 AM   #1
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Question Passing on Heisman

I'm trying out Heisman to see how it plays and I don't mind it. I'm not sure if I'll stay here or not. I think I will enjoy the game being more difficult and defensive minded but my only real concern right now is my passing attack. Maybe I got used to it being easier on AA but man is it tough. Linebackers in zones are much more difficult to deal with and I only have CPU awareness at 25. Is this something you just learn to adjust to or do others find passing against zones difficult on the Heisman level? It seems that the seams you could exploit in AA or 10 times smaller on Heisman.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2005, 12:35 PM   #2
Banned

Kentucky3D's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Passing on Heisman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I'm trying out Heisman to see how it plays and I don't mind it. I'm not sure if I'll stay here or not. I think I will enjoy the game being more difficult and defensive minded but my only real concern right now is my passing attack. Maybe I got used to it being easier on AA but man is it tough. Linebackers in zones are much more difficult to deal with and I only have CPU awareness at 25. Is this something you just learn to adjust to or do others find passing against zones difficult on the Heisman level? It seems that the seams you could exploit in AA or 10 times smaller on Heisman.
you have to be really familar with the plays you are calling. If you don't know where each WR is going then you won't be successful. Also about 50% of the passing plays are practically useless on heisman.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:57 PM   #3
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentucky3D
you have to be really familar with the plays you are calling. If you don't know where each WR is going then you won't be successful. Also about 50% of the passing plays are practically useless on heisman.
So do you still prefer Heisman or AA? I will give Heisman more time but I may have to go back to AA and just tweak sliders to provide some more difficulty and more defense. I still enjoy AA but I find that when you develop a great OL after a couple of years that they just destroy the opposition in your rushing attack.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:23 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

I have always played on Heisman. Right now, I have human accuracy at 45% and def awr at 80%. You realy have to know your routes. And just like in real life, throw the ball away when noone is open, because if you try to force it, you can get picked all day long. Also, you have to uses touch passing and float the ball over the LB on crossing routes if they are in zone.

I had to put the Def awareness up to 80% to have the AI defend the deep ball. Also lower def int to around 20 so the defense dowsn't pick off everything that comes its way.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:42 PM   #5
Banned

Kentucky3D's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
So do you still prefer Heisman or AA? I will give Heisman more time but I may have to go back to AA and just tweak sliders to provide some more difficulty and more defense. I still enjoy AA but I find that when you develop a great OL after a couple of years that they just destroy the opposition in your rushing attack.
I have it on default heisman (except HUM Break Block), and I have no trouble completing around 70% of my passes for the season. Also that is with a team in the ACC that is only a B overall.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2005, 07:42 PM   #6
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

I guess I just suck then. I will have to hit the practice field and improve or stick my tail between my legs and head back to AA. I think I have just gotten used to the fact your primary option if often open on AA and I'm just forcing the ball too much. I will say though that the coverage on Heisman is much closer than AA. The DBs and LBs are on my receivers like white on rice.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:29 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
I guess I just suck then. I will have to hit the practice field and improve or stick my tail between my legs and head back to AA. I think I have just gotten used to the fact your primary option if often open on AA and I'm just forcing the ball too much. I will say though that the coverage on Heisman is much closer than AA. The DBs and LBs are on my receivers like white on rice.
Just practice, remember how fast the kick meter seemed when you moved up to heisman for the first time? Play it like real football...throw the ball away instead of forcing it and learn the routes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »