Home

Best combo for budget %?

This is a discussion on Best combo for budget %? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2006, 01:41 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Best combo for budget %?

I never really messed with mine... they've always been 35% recruiting, 33% training and 32% discipline. The reason why I haven't touched them is because I don't really know how much recruiting points i would get and how good my players would develop. Can you guys post what you guys do and what your results are?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2006, 01:42 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Best combo for budget %?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReDALeRT2317
I never really messed with mine... they've always been 35% recruiting, 33% training and 32% discipline. The reason why I haven't touched them is because I don't really know how much recruiting points i would get and how good my players would develop. Can you guys post what you guys do and what your results are?
Depending on your NCAA Interest you can usually afford to put as little as 10% or 15% on discipline. If you have some disciplinary issues you'll need more so you can deal out harsh punishments to bring your interest down.

The remaining points should be divided between recruiting and training based on the team you have. For example, if you are taking over a bad team and trying to build them up from the bottom, then you should put a lot on recruiting and not worry too much about training your bad players.

If you have a really good team and are planning to leave or retire in the near future, you should do less on recruiting and focus on training your players.

My percentage breakdown usually looks something like this:

Recruiting: 50%
Training: 35%
Discipline: 15%

Hope that helps,
-Noah
Old 01-02-2006, 02:18 PM   #3
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28

Depends on the year of my dynasty, but I've had a lot of success turning a program around using this formula:

For Off-season yr.1 I normally use:
Recruiting: 40%
Training: 35%
Discipline: 25%

If I land around 5 or more 5* recruits, I redshirt them unless I have immediate holes. Off-season yr.2 looks like this...

Recruiting: 30%
Training: 50%
Discipline: 20%

You'll still get a good number of 4* and 5* recruits, but the 5* Redshirt freshman should be rated very high. I've had some FR (RS) with ratings as high as 90 as the one year of sitting out has benefited their awareness (for some odd reason) and the heavy training in the off-season has increased their skill ratings (spd, cth, tkl, acc, agl, etc.) NOTE: The key ingredient in this formula is the discipline, make sure you recruit players with average or excellent discipline...only take a recruit with a poor discipline if he’s a can't miss top 3 player in the country for his position.

I usually rotate this forumla every other year depending on how many players on my team leave after their third year. The only crappy thing is I have a lot of SO (RS) leave because I've maxed out their ratings a little too quickly, and they'll likely go pro unless you use ALOT of points on them to come back.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-02-2006, 05:50 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

thanks everyone this has helped a lot
Old 01-07-2006, 05:05 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

You know there's a maximum recruiting percentage that you can use to get more points. Anything above it doesn't get you any more recruiting points.

I think it's in the 30's somewhere.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2006, 07:51 PM   #6
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigs
You know there's a maximum recruiting percentage that you can use to get more points. Anything above it doesn't get you any more recruiting points.

I think it's in the 30's somewhere.
Where did you hear that???

Anyways, I run 40-50-10.
Old 01-08-2006, 10:18 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

There's a stat geek I play with all the time who told me. I ran some tests in our league franchise and it seems to be true.

I can't say for certain if the limit changes with the prestige of your school, but for my Hawaii program anything over 33% doesn't give me any more recruiting points.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:40 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

I would definitly jack the training up for at least one year per four years. I have done so two years in a row and really raised my overal rating for every position. I think I had three +8 overall, 8 +6 and a lot of +4 and +3. That year I was around 80% training 13%recruit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »