Home

Mods, I beg of you ...

This is a discussion on Mods, I beg of you ... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 05:37 PM   #1
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

OVR: 14
Mods, I beg of you ...

If OS can score an interview with an EA rep regarding NCAA 2007, please, please, PLEASE pass along the overwhelming fear being expressed all over the Internet that the new momentum deal in the game (or just the old momentum with a new name) will be way overblown and totally take the result of games out of the hands of players.

Our fear is that we'll start to see a ton of drops, fumbles, missed tackles, poorly thrown short passes, decreased defensive A.I., etc. because of this feature.

I don't know at what point EA has the nuts and bolts of a game completed. It may be too late. Our fate may be sealed. Or (less likely) all of our concerns may prove to be unfounded and EA may actually add a new feature with the appropriate moderation. Done in moderation, it sounds like a cool concept. But most of us fear that it'll be like home-field advantage where you can't even call audibles just because you're on the road, or impact players who look straight out of NFL Blitz.

If this sentiment can be voiced directly to someone from EA, they might be inclined to tone it down and give us a well-balanced game.

I know this is a long shot but, by golly, I'm gonna use my power to post on the Internet to try to save us all from a horrible fate!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2006, 12:31 PM   #2
Rookie

wonderl33t's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Mods, I beg of you ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDawg35
Our fear is that we'll start to see a ton of drops, fumbles, missed tackles, poorly thrown short passes, decreased defensive A.I., etc. because of this feature.
I agree, but NCAA is already the cheesiest game ever made.

One thing I would like to see is a kind of "debug" mode where you can see your players' actual adjusted rating based on sliders, difficulty level, and momentum. Example: running back X is a 90 overall with 92 speed, but because you are playing on Heisman difficulty with x sliders, his overall is 81 and his speed is only an 86

Last edited by wonderl33t; 04-15-2006 at 12:35 PM.
Old 04-15-2006, 12:34 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

You know it's going to be like when they introduced Stadium Pulse, or any other new feature in any EA game for that matter--it'll be, in its first year, totally overblown and will either become a huge cheesing point or completely decide every aspect of the game, and they'll tone it down after the first year. Happens every time: Pulse, Pro Hops, whatever.

And WTF do you think an EA rep's going to say? "Yeah, this is a game-killer"? They're going to give us the same BS about how it's perfectly implemented, etc., that they always do.
Old 04-15-2006, 01:28 PM   #4
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Maybe they'll just allow you to turn it off if in the options menu if you don't want to use it.

Seems like a good solution.
Old 04-15-2006, 02:58 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 11

LOL! This thread is hilarous...

Why don't you wait to see how it works before overreacting?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2006, 04:23 PM   #6
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok410
LOL! This thread is hilarous...

Why don't you wait to see how it works before overreacting?
Don't listen to this non-believer, BDawg. We're with you.
As an overrated cheatin' SOB of a coach once said, "Don't give up. Don't ever give up!''
Old 04-15-2006, 05:13 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
As an overrated cheatin' SOB of a coach once said, "Don't give up. Don't ever give up!''
Classy. Real classy. /sarcasm
Old 04-15-2006, 05:30 PM   #8
No end in sight...

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
Don't listen to this non-believer, BDawg. We're with you.
what an ***
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »