Home

IGN Preivew/videos are up

This is a discussion on IGN Preivew/videos are up within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2006, 07:04 PM   #73
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: IGN Preivew/videos are up

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF11
I think Kentucky and China are the only two places on earth without 360's.
You forgot Japan (although in their case it is by choice).
Old 04-19-2006, 07:11 PM   #74
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
Maybe I'm alone here, but I hate CH2k recruiting (gameplay=domination though).

1. It's rediculous. Your head coach isn't going to fly out to see a recruit play or talk to him the day before you have a game. During the season, the coaches aren't going to worry too much about recruiting and I imagine they only visit the very local players.

2. There's too much to keep up with. In NCAA it's a once a week quick thing during the season and a 5 time post season thing. If I'm in the mood to play a game, I don't have to worry about recruiting. In CH2K it's a daily thing and draws me out of the game. I enjoy NCAA's simplicity but still useful.

Last years blocking was 10X better than the preious years. I imagine the progress will be slow but it's there.
I may be one of the few guys on your side. I think the recruiting in CH2K is too much. I enjoy the simplicity of recruiting in NCAA. Too many things to do during the week takes away from the actual time of playing the game. To each his own.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:44 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 2

Would have been nice if they added some gang tackling. I think i've messed up by starting to play nfl 2k5 again and now I see all these things i want to be in EA's football games. Especially ESPN presentation type stuff (replays and all). *sigh* some day...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2006, 08:19 PM   #76
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
I may be one of the few guys on your side. I think the recruiting in CH2K is too much. I enjoy the simplicity of recruiting in NCAA. Too many things to do during the week takes away from the actual time of playing the game. To each his own.
I find that assisted recruiting works well for people like you or myself who don't want to spend too much time recruiting between games. You set your priorities and the coaches use whatever points are available to go after players that meet them. You can even set a target list of players and they'll recruit these in order. You just have to check your email between games cause when a guy is ready to sign you have to manually offer the scholarship. But it works well.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:29 PM   #77
MVP

warnerwlf98's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketcher290
Would have been nice if they added some gang tackling. I think i've messed up by starting to play nfl 2k5 again and now I see all these things i want to be in EA's football games. Especially ESPN presentation type stuff (replays and all). *sigh* some day...
It's probably been said a million times before, but I'll say it again . . . since EA has ESPN rights, I want to see College Gameday plus the College Gameday Wrapup show with all the highlights of the big games. VC was able to do this, EA should be to.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:35 PM   #78
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
One, you're referencing games that came out 3-4 years ago. NCAA 2004 was fun, but FAR from realistic - it was all about speed. The game didn't have "every major thing" intact, when you look at what the biggest issue that plagues the Madden/NCAA series is - player interaction, which affects nearly every aspect of the gameplay. That you accept the game at face value is cool, but you can't make the argument that it's properly portraying the sport it's supposed to emulate.
I ment feature wise as in you won't see a huge difference in content (until they fully integrate Gameday). And player interaction will come. They worked on it last year, and I'm sure they improved it some. It's not just going to one year magically be great.

Quote:
It's probably been said a million times before, but I'll say it again . . . since EA has ESPN rights, I want to see College Gameday plus the College Gameday Wrapup show with all the highlights of the big games. VC was able to do this, EA should be to.
Maybe it'll be in the 360 version (we can hope). But remember this is the first year they had the liscense (EA was the only one who could make NCAA and NFL games last year, but I think Sega still had the contract).
Old 04-19-2006, 08:46 PM   #79
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF11
I think Kentucky and China are the only two places on earth without 360's.
HEY! I have a 360...LOL.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:08 PM   #80
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
You gotta be kidding yourself if you think that the 360 version is any different. Its just gonna be a graphical update with some new smooter animations. Don't know why everyone is so anticipating the 360 news. Its the SAME GAME.
You obviousley havent played the 360 version of any EA game. Completley diffrent game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »