Home

IGN Preivew/videos are up

This is a discussion on IGN Preivew/videos are up within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2006, 05:07 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: IGN Preivew/videos are up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890
How do we know theres 360 stuff coming tomorrow?
The guy on IGN who did this preview, said his 360 preview is tommorow.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:11 PM   #58
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
The guy on IGN who did this preview, said his 360 preview is tommorow.
O ok thanks

Maybe we can hope for 12 screens and 5 videos like old gen got

I cant wait until tomorrow
Old 04-19-2006, 05:11 PM   #59
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

I wish there recruiting was more in depth like college hoops 2k6
Old 04-19-2006, 05:15 PM   #60
Rookie

Seton Hall's Arena

OVR: 1

I hope they add some more 1-AA teams. Also 1-AA players should be in the draft class if you aren't using their team.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:16 PM   #61
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

I am doing a web project at school where we get to pick a topic that involves a new technology. I have chosen the Natural Motion Endorphin program that we all wish would make its way into EA's football series. Alot of examples I have read explain how it could work for a football character. If someone isn't using this why would they always use football as an example? It isn't that expensive either so I dont get why EA wouldn't use this for the 360. Please use it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2006, 05:22 PM   #62
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
I am doing a web project at school where we get to pick a topic that involves a new technology. I have chosen the Natural Motion Endorphin program that we all wish would make its way into EA's football series. Alot of examples I have read explain how it could work for a football character. If someone isn't using this why would they always use football as an example? It isn't that expensive either so I dont get why EA wouldn't use this for the 360. Please use it.

You know EA is to stubborn..The only way id see them use it is to one up 2k..But it doesnt matter since they cant make NFL games.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:24 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by juk34man
I wish there recruiting was more in depth like college hoops 2k6
Maybe I'm alone here, but I hate CH2k recruiting (gameplay=domination though).

1. It's rediculous. Your head coach isn't going to fly out to see a recruit play or talk to him the day before you have a game. During the season, the coaches aren't going to worry too much about recruiting and I imagine they only visit the very local players.

2. There's too much to keep up with. In NCAA it's a once a week quick thing during the season and a 5 time post season thing. If I'm in the mood to play a game, I don't have to worry about recruiting. In CH2K it's a daily thing and draws me out of the game. I enjoy NCAA's simplicity but still useful.

Quote:
I want my PLAYERS TO INTERACT REALISTICLY not suctioned together wearing ice skates on a football field. And yes this is the best NCAA game all others were crap
Last years blocking was 10X better than the preious years. I imagine the progress will be slow but it's there.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:25 PM   #64
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
There isn't much more they can do on this console. I'm sure they added a few more animations, but they aren't going to build a whole new engine for 1 game. Have any of you complainers played other NCAA games? I mean Gambreaker's been horrible since the switch to the PS2 and NCAA 2k was absolute crap. Will it ever improve that much? No, it won't. NCAA 2004 had every major thing, now all they can do is a bunch of little things. There's no big feature to add besides more ESPN integration (and maybe a playoff, but I think that could be a NCAA issue). Every suggestion has just been gameplay tweaks which they're working on. At this point there's not going to be a huge addition like there was with dynasty mode or SI.
One, you're referencing games that came out 3-4 years ago. NCAA 2004 was fun, but FAR from realistic - it was all about speed. The game didn't have "every major thing" intact, when you look at what the biggest issue that plagues the Madden/NCAA series is - player interaction, which affects nearly every aspect of the gameplay. That you accept the game at face value is cool, but you can't make the argument that it's properly portraying the sport it's supposed to emulate.

I agree with you, there's no sense in trying to create a new engine for the current gen game now. Didn't make sense last year either. The time to do it was back in 2003/2004 when people's eyes were being opened to what could be accomplished, which is why there's frustration now. For at least the past couple years, "wait until next gen" has been the excuse people used as to why the games don't change much. Guess we'll see tomorrow, but unfortunately it looks like we'll be having to hear the same excuse

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »