Home

How many people are still playing '06 on a regular basis?

This is a discussion on How many people are still playing '06 on a regular basis? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2006, 08:40 AM   #17
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: How many people are still playing '06 on a regular basis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Not too much longer to wait. If it comes out when they say it will, July 3rd, then we only have 60 days to go!! I'm betting more though on July 10th, the following week. It seems every year the game stores set a first Monday/Tuesday of July as the release date but then when it actually gets close the date changes to the second Monday/Tuesday of the month. Let the insanity begin!!
Can't wait until some stores put the game out a few days early and all hell breaks loose.

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt
Old 05-04-2006, 09:27 AM   #18
Pro

ronin21's Arena

OVR: 6

I have been playing since I bought. it got to the point to where it essentially turned a farm system for madden but hey thats what college football is anyway right.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:28 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenegt
Can't wait until some stores put the game out a few days early and all hell breaks loose.
Yeah i was one of the lucky ones last year and got it the thursday before the monday evening release date, thanks to another OS poster named UMD. man that was awesome!!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-04-2006, 08:35 PM   #20
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

OVR: 14

I put this miserable piece of crap to rest back in December, but was talked into playing in an online league. The guys in the league are really cool, it's well-run, guys (pretty much) get their games played in a timely fashion, so I've overlooked a lot of the flaws with this game and I'm enjoying it online against league opponents.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:38 PM   #21
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenegt
Oh, please, let's not go through that again!!! I'm never one of the lucky ones who gets stuff early. I heard about a store about 50 miles south of me getting it early, a few guys actually got it, but by the time I called that store was put on notice not to sell anymore. I guess EA was monitoring the message boards pretty hard that night.

Hard to believe I would have done anything in early July last year to get this game ... this piece of garbage game.

Of course, I'll be all geeked for this year's game. You never know if it's trash 'til you play it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2006, 08:58 PM   #22
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

I used to play it everyday, I quit all my leagues about a month ago. I am thinking of doing some offline RFTH or a dynasty.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:00 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

the draft and espn classic finally showing some college football games last week really got me back in a football state of mind so i popped 06 back in this sunday.

plenty, and i do mean plenty, of crap still drives me insane but i've gotta get my football fix right now. i'm going to try to keep playing for a while so i can keep the garbage that constantly occurs fresh in my mind. in the past i've never played NCAA after football season ended, which i think is part of the reason why i'm always so excited for the next year's version to come out......i've forgotten how terrible so many things about the game are.

hopefully i can continue playing 06 for the next few months (without going on a killing spree) to keep my expectations for 07 as low as humanly possible. i will be buying 07 no matter what, but i'm going into it with the lowest expectations i can.
Old 05-04-2006, 11:08 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 8

Warts and all, I've always thought NCAA '06 was one of the best games EA ever made. I sold off my copy when I picked up a 360, but I rented the PS2 version for draft week, and it's been enjoyable. It helps not to accidentally end up online and playing against someone who runs the HB option all day, I suppose...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »