Home

Jerseys on XBOX Live Marketplace?

This is a discussion on Jerseys on XBOX Live Marketplace? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2006, 09:41 PM   #57
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Jerseys on XBOX Live Marketplace?

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolbubbaice
.. You reward people for screwing you? Nice..
Does cuddling afterwards with my wife count?

Seriously, slow down and stop seeing everything in black and white. It's asinine to think that the only way of expressing your disgust with a business for ONE of its many decisions is by not buying anything from it ever again. If 07 is a great game I most certainly WILL buy it and play it to death. I will not deprive myself of my favorite all-time video game because I might have to pay $10 more for all the alternate unis I want to have. Hell, I might not even buy them--we'll see. But while I am enjoying the game I can still call out EA for what amounts to a greedy, disrespectful business practice. They should realize that what makes NCAA so successful is as much the insane rabidness of the fans as it is the quality of the game, and be careful about how far they push their fan base.

We ALL have yet to see how this idea will be implemented, so calm down. If it goes down like you think, I most certainly WILL be pissed--but I'll also buy the game. I'll just have to decide whether or not I'm willing to buy the alternate unis after paying $65 for a game which should have contained them for free. But since I pay $2 for brand-name coffee most mornings, I can't pretend to always make the best decisions regarding my discretionary income...
Old 05-13-2006, 09:57 PM   #58
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthgradetyrant

Seriously, slow down and stop seeing everything in black and white. It's asinine to think that the only way of expressing your disgust with a business for ONE of its many decisions is by not buying anything from it ever again. If 07 is a great game I most certainly WILL buy it and play it to death. I will not deprive myself of my favorite all-time video game because I might have to pay $10 more for all the alternate unis I want to have. Hell, I might not even buy them--we'll see. But while I am enjoying the game I can still call out EA for what amounts to a greedy, disrespectful business practice. They should realize that what makes NCAA so successful is as much the insane rabidness of the fans as it is the quality of the game, and be careful about how far they push their fan base.

We ALL have yet to see how this idea will be implemented, so calm down. If it goes down like you think, I most certainly WILL be pissed--but I'll also buy the game. I'll just have to decide whether or not I'm willing to buy the alternate unis after paying $65 for a game which should have contained them for free. But since I pay $2 for brand-name coffee most mornings, I can't pretend to always make the best decisions regarding my discretionary income...
Seriously, 6thgradetyrant makes some excellent points. Especially about the $2 raping you pay for coffee. I could be worse, you could pay $4. I've been back and forth on this idea since I heard of it last year on G4TV at E3. Like anything, if I find value in something that I enjoy, I will most likely purchase it. $5-$15 extra to make my favorite game even more addictive than it should be is probably going to be worth it to me. I don't necessarily like it, but I understand the business side of the industry. However, there is no way in hell that I will purchase mascots!!
Old 05-13-2006, 10:28 PM   #59
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

It feels strange to be on this side of the fence, but for once I support the position taken by the greedy corporate giant. Mascots, gamertags, and of course the one that has everyone up in arms, ALTERNATIVE jerseys are ancillary items. Their exclusion from the game, in my opinion, would not reduce the quality or the value of the game in the slightest. It not like they are asking for 10 bucks for an accurate simulated stats engine.

The consumers will decide if this is a viable move or not. I won't be spending a nickle on it, but if its works I won't begrudge all the sports developers and/or publishers for trying the same thing.

When it comes to luxury items such as video games, I don't fault companies for trying to gouge us as much as possible. Its not a necessity of life. If I want it bad enough I'll overpay, if not I'll laugh and say, "No thanks".

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 05-13-2006, 11:03 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Tons of PC games sell additional content online and have for the last 20-25 years. You must not be much of a PC Gamer I guess if you think Oblivion is the only game to ever do that on the PC.
I've played a ton of PC games and I can't remember any selling content for a few bucks. Wanna name a few?
Old 05-14-2006, 12:27 AM   #61
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthgradetyrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Seriously, 6thgradetyrant makes some excellent points. Especially about the $2 raping you pay for coffee. I could be worse, you could pay $4. I've been back and forth on this idea since I heard of it last year on G4TV at E3. Like anything, if I find value in something that I enjoy, I will most likely purchase it. $5-$15 extra to make my favorite game even more addictive than it should be is probably going to be worth it to me. I don't necessarily like it, but I understand the business side of the industry. However, there is no way in hell that I will purchase mascots!!
Well said 6thGrade & JUnit. I feel exactly the same as both of you! Saved me some time on putting down my own response.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2006, 02:23 AM   #62
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
I've played a ton of PC games and I can't remember any selling content for a few bucks. Wanna name a few?
Yeah Links used to sell add on courses for $19. I remember a few years ago when Links was still around I used to buy all those add on courses. But aside from that there are tons of games that have done this. Another game that comes to mind was X-wing games from LucasArts used to sell different planes/ships for $15-20 as well. The PC market's been doing it for a long time.

If anything, we should be thankful because if they use the marketplace the cost is probably going to equate to $5 or less, whereas if EA was doing this thru the old fashioned way such as selling add on CD's of uniforms, stadiums, cleats, whatever they end up selling this way, it'd probably be $15-$20 just like the titles I cite above.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-14-2006, 01:30 PM   #63
Rookie

radoslaw77's Arena

OVR: 2

I like to play with teams and use different jerseys. I think it's fun and changes things up. Can you imagine, with 119 teams, how many alternate unis you'd have to buy to have them all? I know that some teams play with one jersey for home and one for away, period. But some are more flexible about it. 30 alternate unis for 25 cents = 7.50. 30 x 50 cents = 15 bucks. Hmmm. What about black shoes? What about black socks? What about orange shades for the helmets? You could pay 20-25 bucks for all this stuff that was just a fun part of the game - something you used to count on being IN the game.

"If it's IN the game, then it's IN the game" - well, know it's "If it's in the game, most of it's there and then we'll sell you the rest piece by piece".

They'll make a ton of extra money off this. Not too sure I like it.
Old 05-14-2006, 05:58 PM   #64
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by radoslaw77
I like to play with teams and use different jerseys. I think it's fun and changes things up. Can you imagine, with 119 teams, how many alternate unis you'd have to buy to have them all? I know that some teams play with one jersey for home and one for away, period. But some are more flexible about it. 30 alternate unis for 25 cents = 7.50. 30 x 50 cents = 15 bucks. Hmmm. What about black shoes? What about black socks? What about orange shades for the helmets? You could pay 20-25 bucks for all this stuff that was just a fun part of the game - something you used to count on being IN the game.

"If it's IN the game, then it's IN the game" - well, know it's "If it's in the game, most of it's there and then we'll sell you the rest piece by piece".

They'll make a ton of extra money off this. Not too sure I like it.
I don't know if you realize it but your above post makes a very good arguement in EA's favor for selling things like alternate jerseys on the Xbox Live marketplace. At 119 teams and many teams having 6 or 7 alternate uniforms, that's 800-1000 alternate uniforms potentially. That's not really realistic to expect EA to have all of those in the initial incarnation of each year's game.

Like as has been said before, the ideal would be for them to include the major teams like Miami (FL), FSU, a couple alternate uniforms each in the initial game. Then sell ALL the alternate uniforms in an add on pack for like $5 to $10 or let you buy individual conferences for $2 each (like all Big Ten for $2). That would be fair to both the consumer and the ("evil, greedy", LOL) corporation.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »