Home

gamespot interview part 2 is up

This is a discussion on gamespot interview part 2 is up within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2006, 11:26 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: gamespot interview part 2 is up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneebon5
pretty sure spring game is in 360

Taken from GameSpot:

The Xbox 360 game will feature a 3D map of the country, as well as a new menu system, which should help you navigate through all 50 states and your team-specific needs with greater ease than ever before. And of course, there's the aforementioned spring-practice game--which pits your first-team offense against your second-team defense, and then the second-string offense against your primary defensive team--to help you address the biggest holes in your team

that was from the spring game for 360 thread
That article also covered parts of the game for all three major platforms (360, PS2, Xbox), so I would take that with a grain of salt. If you look on the EA page it lists the spring game as one of the features for the current gen platforms, but not for 360, for whatever that's worth.

360 owners, here is what I would brace yourself for: playbooks that aren't as in-depth as current gen, and no spring game. It's my understanding that the 360 will have some new formations (mostly basic sets, different alignments and flexed WR sets - nothing team specific; as well as new defensive formations) and a larger number of formations and plays in each teams' respective playbooks. But, there will not be team-specific formations (Pistol, Emory and Henry, etc) and no trick plays.

I don't know why they are doing this, but it's of no big surprise to me. It takes a lot more effort for EA to create all the graphics, animations, menu screens, game engine, and programming for the 360 from scratch than to update the current gen (since the engine, programming, etc is already there). Not to mention the fact that they totally overhauled the stadiums from the ground up and added a fully polygonal crowd with unique AI. If anyone thought that the 360 version (or PS3 version, if NCAA 07 comes out on it) would be a complete version the first year, they were being delusional. However, you can also look at it this way: next year it should be easy to port over all the enhancements that were made for current gen 07. Look forward to expanded playbooks and all Div I-A stadiums created of 08. Let's also not forget that there are two seperate teams that are responsible for the current gen and next gen version of the game, so while the next gen team had their hands full creating everything from the ground-up for 360, the current gen team had more than enough time to put into creating their playbooks.

This year is the transitional period - current gen has some features that next gen wishes it could have and next gen has some features that current gen wishes it could have. By the time 08 rolls around we will be past the transition period and we'll have the best of both worlds on one platform.

Don't expect the full playbook overhaul and spring game for 360 unless you hear otherwise directly from EA. Sorry for the long-winded post, but it gets annoying to me when some posters (not necessarily from this board) keep stating that certain things will definitely be in the 360 version when all the writing on the wall says it will not.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:06 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajb4cmr
That article also covered parts of the game for all three major platforms (360, PS2, Xbox), so I would take that with a grain of salt. If you look on the EA page it lists the spring game as one of the features for the current gen platforms, but not for 360, for whatever that's worth.

360 owners, here is what I would brace yourself for: playbooks that aren't as in-depth as current gen, and no spring game. It's my understanding that the 360 will have some new formations (mostly basic sets, different alignments and flexed WR sets - nothing team specific; as well as new defensive formations) and a larger number of formations and plays in each teams' respective playbooks. But, there will not be team-specific formations (Pistol, Emory and Henry, etc) and no trick plays.
Exactly, the two versions are not going to be the same and EA has already said that. People need to get it out of their heads that next-gen games will always be everything current-gen games are and more, more, more. Until next-gen has been around for a little longer and becomes..well current gen..you are always going to see devs adding things to current gen games that aren't on next-gen, it's one of the things they will be able to do since the current-gen platform has been around longer and the programmers know it like the back of their hands.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-22-2006, 08:10 AM   #19
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

ajb: I know you mentioned to me before that they wouldn't be in and its not as I didn't believe you. My confusion stems from Madden 360. At first we were told that alot of stuff would only be in current gen, but their main page now says that "in additon to the current gen features Madden 360 has" and it lists the features for the 360 version. That is why I am confused.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:31 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 30

While it may not feature every new formation, the X360 has several new ones.

videos???

Watch a few of the videos with play calling. There're several new defensive formations, and I can tell there's at least one new offensive formation (top right corner of the last USC/Texas) and several plays that were new.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:03 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
While it may not feature every new formation, the X360 has several new ones.

videos???

Watch a few of the videos with play calling. There're several new defensive formations, and I can tell there's at least one new offensive formation (top right corner of the last USC/Texas) and several plays that were new.
Yeah, there are actually a few new offensive formations in that video - flexed WR's and strong/weak formations out of the shotgun. Like I said, there WILL be new formations and plays in the 360 version, but they won't be the in-depth "team-specific" formations on current gen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2006, 04:15 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Yeah, there are actually a few new offensive formations in that video - flexed WR's and strong/weak formations out of the shotgun. Like I said, there WILL be new formations and plays in the 360 version, but they won't be the in-depth "team-specific" formations on current gen.
but the 360 will be so perty..........*eyes glaze over*.......

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-23-2006, 05:23 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Maybe, maybe not. At least there are some basic additions, so at least Florida will be able to run the right offense. The only other needed addition I can think of is Nevada, but other than that every team has at least the formations in.
Old 05-23-2006, 06:43 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
Maybe, maybe not. At least there are some basic additions, so at least Florida will be able to run the right offense. The only other needed addition I can think of is Nevada, but other than that every team has at least the formations in.
Maybe, maybe not? I guess you'll have to wait for the game to drop to see for yourself, but I have an ace in the hole so I'm confident in what I've heard.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »